How do you slide between cover?

abomination5

abomination5

Earlier today I was messing around and I managed to slide on my knees from behind a truck to behind a pay phone. How do you slide in between cover like this?

You have to have Niko facing in the direction of another bit of cover and it has to be close enough. Then you just press the cover button again. It's tricky at best.

alejobulala

yeah it's really a great feature. it looks great too, very fluid. there are a few different animations to move from cover to cover.

FrozenFire

Pretty sure it has to be in the same context, you know?

Like, if you just press the cover button, Niko may slowly walk behind the next thing. If you're holding down the run button and press cover, he'll rush more, which I think includes sliding.

Capricornus

Earlier today I was messing around and I managed to slide on my knees from behind a truck to behind a pay phone. How do you slide in between cover like this?

For me it always seems to work when I am holding a heavy weapon, mainly either a 2 handed Shotgun or an AK 47/Assualt Rifle.

I just run towards the place I am going to cover behind while holding R1. Might be RB on the 360. It works a lot for me and it is damn awsome, especially in intensed gun fights.

Edited by Capricornus

caprisig.jpg

DollaBill40

I think the slide move is achieved when you hit the cover button at a point where cover is further away. Then, it will execute one of a couple different animations that put you into cover quickly... the slide is one of them.

I think a roll into cover is another. Good luck.