Crash-landing a heli

I Keyser Sose I

I Keyser Sose I

I've been trying to do this for a while, in an attempt to hone my chopper piloting skills.

The objective is to take a chopper, hit a building so the tail snaps off but the main rotor is still running, and sucessfully execute a clean landing.

I've managed to land the chopper a couple times, but had my main rotors snap off at the last minute every time, from hitting the side of a building or a passing car.

Has anyone sucessfully managed this? Is it actually difficult to do, or am I just a sh*tty heli pilot?

Ive done it twice, once landing on a building and another landing on the street. its funny cause all my mates are shouting "oh sh*t!" and im just laughing because i did it on purpose

apache77pilot

i can easily do it with no rotors. i have done it several times with both

I never thought to try that. I'll have to give it a shot. smile.gif

makiaveli777

i had a hard time doing it the first times but i can now

user posted image

Mr. Someguy

I landed without propellers once. Shot down by an RPG, ended up landing upside-down in an alleyway.

I Keyser Sose I
i can easily do it with no rotors. i have done it several times with both

Well doing it with no rotors whatsoever isn't really a question of skill, since if you have no rotors you have no control of the chopper, its just a falling mass of metal. And yeah, if it's right-side up and you dont hit anything on the way down, it will 'land' cleanly.

I think you guys are misunderstanding me. I'm not saying that its hard to SURVIVE that situation. I'm saying actually LAND the helicopter... smoothly, and intentionally... like, not plummeting into the ground at high speed and just happening to land with the chopper right-side up.

Blackop_elite
I landed without propellers once. Shot down by an RPG, ended up landing upside-down in an alleyway.

I did that also I had my rotor taken off. I rode that baby all the way down and crushed some peds while doing it. Almost died though. cry.gif

dragonrock

I remember I lost my rotors really high up and started falling to the ground with a bunch of people in the chopper cussin at me. That thing hit the ground so hard we exploded. Those friends never invite me into there games for some reason.

I always end up hitting the ground too hard. It depends on how high/fast you are flying.

I lost the tail of my heli in Hangman's NOOSE and was in the air for a good five minutes or so until I crash landed in the water nearby. All my buds were laughing like crazy after that (especially since Kenny was still alive).