SPOILER The story ending SPOILER

GTAmasterIsmael

GTAmasterIsmael

Was it just me or was the ending of the story in the game very unsatisfactory it didn't feel like it was over to me certainly because someone has to die in both endings that just makes it worse for Niko he wasn't satisfied with killing the end boss in either ending.

And the story was about Niko trying to get out of that kinda life but it just made him more bitter and showed him even more how f*cked up the world is. It doesn't end it for him it just made it worse really and your man the Russian guy who says he owes money to he wasn't there at all anymore which was strange. I thought the ending was very empty.

Normally in the GTA's by the time you get to the end you really want to kill the end boss.

But this time its not that way because he doesn't really bother you that much except for when he burns down the house and romans kidnapping and roman's or kates killing. But other than that he isn't really there much. Like story wise killing dimitri or pegorino doesn't end it because what he was after in the first place was just to settle it with darko and then you have to choose to kill him or let him live which doesn't even make a difference anyway. Either way hes depressed because his cousin or his one love died. I love the story and i think its really great but the ending was just really empty and shorter story wise then normal.

I never realised untill you said it, what the hell happened to Bulgarin? (The guy Niko owes money to, from the old country).

GTAmasterIsmael

Yeah thats what i was thinking. they didn't really finish all the loose ends

GTAmasterIsmael

Yeah but thats only extra man its not mandatory. On the ps3 their might not even be that story downloadable content because xbox made it exclusive for them

frankie123
Yeah but thats only extra man its not mandatory. On the ps3 their might not even be that story downloadable content because xbox made it exclusive for them

another reason why xbox is superior ^_^ plus tying up all the loose ends is a REALLY old plot idea, trying something new maybe?

AntiPersonnel

if you compare the 2 endings, i personally think taking the deal is canon as it is much more dramatic and epic.

for one, killing dmitri would be a selfish move since roman was the one who got burnt the most (shot, house and business burned down) but he tells you he is over it and wants to move on, and he begs/guilt trips you to help him by getting the money.

during the wedding when he gets shot its much more dramatic than an unimportant character like kate. then you go on an epic chase through the city helicopter vs helicopter.

but in the end i was really hoping he put a bullet through dmitris dome instead of just leaving him there to bleed to death, or at least allow the player to regain control of niko to finish him off.

i like what rockstar did with the story though. it shows that no matter how you play it, even tho you "win the game" you didnt actualy win. you lost something very important to you. and niko even says himself he lost everything. but they did it in a way that realistically portrays human emotion, and a life of constant crime is not a happy one. icon14.gif

ishouldntbehere
if you compare the 2 endings, i personally think taking the deal is canon as it is much more dramatic and epic.

for one, killing dmitri would be a selfish move since roman was the one who got burnt the most (shot, house and business burned down) but he tells you he is over it and wants to move on, and he begs/guilt trips you to help him by getting the money.

during the wedding when he gets shot its much more dramatic than an unimportant character like kate. then you go on an epic chase through the city helicopter vs helicopter.

but in the end i was really hoping he put a bullet through dmitris dome instead of just leaving him there to bleed to death, or at least allow the player to regain control of niko to finish him off.

i like what rockstar did with the story though. it shows that no matter how you play it, even tho you "win the game" you didnt actualy win. you lost something very important to you. and niko even says himself he lost everything. but they did it in a way that realistically portrays human emotion, and a life of constant crime is not a happy one. icon14.gif

Finally someone who understands the tragic storyline and what it was trying to do dramatically.

tired of the people complaining that it wasn't "bad-ass" enough.

another reason why xbox is superior ^_^ plus tying up all the loose ends is a REALLY old plot idea, trying something new maybe?

OMG! keep quiet and keep down!,you know how easily insulted some PS3 owners can get!

Dimitri burned Niko too. He double crosses him like 2 or 3 times throughout the story... convinces him to kill Faustin when he should've been killing Dimitri, sucks him into going to that meeting in the warehouse where Bulgarin appears and tries to kill Niko and Jacob, and also if you take the deal he f*cks you over again. Not to mention the phone calls where he threatens Niko throughout the later part of the game. Also the only he reason he was f*cking with Roman in the first place was to get to Niko. Plus, just like when Niko killed Vlad because he was f*cking Mallorie and making Roman miserable... Niko put blood first. So I say taking the deal is a bitch move, Dimitri was a fa**ot.

GTAmasterIsmael

Yeah that is true it is way more realistic and better that way. I just felt like it wasn't over as such you know like he didn't go after Bulgarin so he will deffinately come after him again. And i think taking the deal is greedy and it show that being nice doesn't help because dimitri still comes after him. And besides he could have just aswell shot roman because pegorino was blind firing towards niko out of the car but they just wanted a difference in that ending so they chose to kill kate instead and you see to Niko she might be the one so to him shes very important. I think it's really bad if roman dies because that way Niko has no reason to live he already went through so much and was already almost depressed enough to kill himself. I mean Roman is the biggest reason Niko even came to liberty city. I see the kate death one as the real ending even though its not as dramatic he really cares about roman its a miracle he kept it together. And he would have nothing left in liberty city without roman.