Three

Scarface187

Scarface187

Is anyone on the forum into 3 besides me? For those of you who don't know who they are, they are band that is hard to catagorize, but if I had to describe them I would describe them as progressive rock with some metal influences (at least the last two albums are like this), and I believe I saw a topic somewhere once where Statutory Ray recommended them saying something like they are Coheed and Cambria but good. I like both bands but that they are better I think in terms of talent, plus, they are insanely awesome to see live. I discovered this, watching them open for Porcupine Tree. A keyboard player who doubles as a percussionist, drumming along with the drummer in a solo jam thing, shredding guitar solos, and the highlight, Joey Eppard's flamenco/slapping guitar playing. Its f*cking fantastic. In short, here are a few videos to check out to get more of an idea of what they're like.

Alien Angel

Wake Pig live as well as a f*cking amazing acoustic solo at the end

The End has Begun live

These guys are way better live I have to say. They are now touring with Dream Theater, Opeth and Between the Buried and Me as well. If there are dates in your area I would try to get tickets if I were you. Its going to be a hell of a show. I'll be seeing them next Tuesday after missing them the last two times they came here.

user posted image

Well, I know Opeth, Dream Theater and BTBAM. These guys were gonna be next, so thanks for posting this up.

Looking awesome so far.

ZMHer.png

TcLvb.pngGyRHV.png

Not bad, I like them. icon14.gif

Edit: I can't find a Myspace or anything of them, though. sad.gif

kdr9l4.png

Listened to one of the videos and really liked what I heard so will definately be checking them out some more. Know of any albums to check out?

I've paid an interest to there stuff for the last 3 years or so, but their albums never quite grabbed me the way their newest one has. It feels more structured, less of a jam album the others had a habit of doing. And of course, Joey Eppard is one of the most underrated guitarists out there at the moment.

They haven't been over to England in going on 2 years. They're due a visit soon I hope.

Edit:

Edited by PCJ.

Scarface187

absolutely terrible, made me throw up  icon14.gif just like In flames.

I fail to see the comparison. bored.gificon13.gif

Besides, In Flames used to be good anyway. They just fell off in the worst way.

@James: Check out their last two albums Wake Pig and The End has Begun. They're great. Their albums before are kind of more mellow from what I've heard but I've gone back to listening to those last two each time I try to listen to the older albums. I should listen to them more.

@Oblivionz: The official 3 myspace

Its kind of a bitch to search for them from the music page cause the very vague name.

user posted image

Scarface187

user posted image

I must say, this picture is one of the most epic things I've seen in awhile.

I wonder who they opened for on that show..... catspider.gif

user posted image

Blind Joe Death

I remember Statutory Ray recommending them to me in the topic I made but I never really looked into them, they seem pretty good. I might go get their new album.

I believe I saw a topic somewhere once where Statutory Ray recommended them saying something like they are Coheed and Cambria but good.

Yeah, that was in my topic.

lesfleanut

<les> np: 3 - Endless Allibi [Album: Summercamp Nightmare | 5:39]

<les> np: 3 - Astroknot [Album: Paint By Number | 4:42]

<les> np: 3 - Pretty Girls [Album: Summercamp Nightmare | 2:45]

These songs are f*cking awesome, but I'll agree - their old albums aren't as solid as the newest two.

They're pretty interesting; not really my cup of tea, but I can definitely see the attraction.

vbSWr1A.gif

They are a very interesting band, havent heard much personally but I might look into them more.