The future for GTA...

Wolfy2k4

I have been an avid fan of GTA right from the beginning like so many of you. I've played them all and am frankly astounded by the level of detail that's been put into the latest version.

With that in mind, I don't see this series dying out any time soon. So I wonder what you guys think about how far it will go, how much more detail they could add over the coming years. Imagine a GTA 20 years from now!

bigjonmoo73

I don't know how many more they can make... But with the technology that keeps coming out, I could only imagine these games getting better. They are always a thrill to play and are always so addicting. I love them! colgate.gificon14.gif

I think the next step would be massive multiplayer. A LC where all the NPC are replaced with actual people.

Maybe the next iteration will be in a Modern VC, or perhaps (I hope) an entirely new city.

More protagonist, with more richer story lines.

Hopefully they take some time and build off this one. They have a great start on things. Paid alot of attention to detail, but their are still a few quirks and stuff they need to put back in IMO. Like rampages, lil bikes, Armor at your house etc. etc. we will see. biggrin.gif

bigjonmoo73

Ya I really like the massive multi player! That would be sweet if it was just a city of all real people and have the missions done together. That would be cool. Online multiplayer is sweet...

Hopefully they take some time and build off this one. They have a great start on things. Paid alot of attention to detail, but their are still a few quirks and stuff they need to put back in IMO. Like rampages, lil bikes, Armor at your house etc. etc. we will see.

Rampages... Ohh yeah, many has been the year since I heard the "KIIIIILL FRENZY!!" announcement. I kinda miss that wink.gif Even more I miss running over a train of Hare Krishnas. If you ran them all over it would give you the message "Gouranga!" which means "Be Happy!" wink.gif

Mr_Prickles
I have been an avid fan of GTA right from the beginning like so many of you. I've played them all and am frankly astounded by the level of detail that's been put into the latest version.

With that in mind, I don't see this series dying out any time soon. So I wonder what you guys think about how far it will go, how much more detail they could add over the coming years. Imagine a GTA 20 years from now!

20 years from now I will be 35.

I hope I get laid by then -.-

Well if you havent been laid by then, my guess is that you will playing a lot of gta.

I hope to god they never make a create a character I like where everyones the same person but you can customize him. I dont get to into the character if I make him.

Zerogamer22

It might sound crazy, but I can even imagine a GTA game where its actually possible to have a life beside the crime.. Like a GTA meets Sims. lol

It might sound crazy, but I can even imagine a GTA game where its actually possible to have a life beside the crime.. Like a GTA meets Sims. lol

It wouldn't feel GTA.

also GTA meets the sims, everyone would be dead withing 5 minutes of starting the game, if ye buy a car it will get stolen

you would be lucky if you lived the night (if other people were like you). thats if you mean the Violence on the sims. if you mean customization, that is pretty much the sims.

It wouldn't feel GTA.

also GTA meets the sims, everyone would be dead withing 5 minutes of starting the game, if ye buy a car it will get stolen

you would be lucky if you lived the night (if other people were like you). thats if you mean the Violence on the sims. if you mean customization, that is pretty much the sims.

How much better would The Sims be thought if you could rob other people's T.V's and sell them for cash instead of working biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

20 years from now I will be 35.

I hope I get laid by then -.-

Ask Roman for some inlove.gif

GiveMeLiberty78

Hmmm. Interesting question. Sure there's not a whole lot of new material they could add (GTA:IV has practically everything you could ever ask for!) but I'm sure R* and avid players like the OP will think of new interesting features to add. With that in mind, I can see the multiplayer aspect becoming huge: I can just imagine a World of Warcraft-esque GTA where players compete online for missions and the single player aspect is no more. Everyone and everything in the game, NPCs included, would affect everyone and everything else in the world. Maybe a tad ambitious? Possible nonetheless.

A slightly less ambitious idea: the player not only carries out the typical dirty work, i.e. thefts and contract kills etc., but organises his (or her!) very own criminal empire, meaning the player would have to decided the direction of the criminal activity and maybe even sell out their own empire to join/start another? Who knows, just ideas off the top of my head.

We will probably have GTA bought by google. It will be Google Theft Auto:Earth. Or Google Earth for short.

Lol!

If GTA meets The Sims, then we know that GTA has been bought by EA.