Multiplayer Survey

DeadShock

It would very helpful if as many of you could post your online experience so far with IV. I'm another one of the people with the disconnects and all. I see and know a lot of people that have been playing online just fine and I want to know how many people are experiencing issues and how many people are enjoying online just fine. Please post what console you are playing on as well.

Are a lot of people having this problem or is it just me and a few? I usually get into one game and once I'm disconnected I'm thrown into rooms by myself or disconnected. It can't be my internet, I have a NAT Type 2 and the modem is brand new.

Someone could at least contribute a God damn opinion. Why are you guys more f*cking interested in discussing the damn gloves that weren't put in the game than helping the few people with multiplayer problems. Christ, a little f*cking help.

.Up&Coming.

Ok. In the past (PS3), on this game, I've only had it throw me out of a room because "one or more players have disconnected" or something like that.

The only issues I've had recently are switching to a game or going to an invite where you get the infinite loading screen. The patch seemed to help the freezing when loading up the actual GTA IV disk and the freezing when selecting the multiplayer button on the phone.

I've been problem-free except for the infinite loading screen. I haven't had any disconnections whatsoever except for maybe the 2nd time I ever played multiplayer.

Yeah, a lot of people have had these issues.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Has the problem been acknowledged? Patch?

I've been sitting in a Free Roam game for an hour and not a single person has entered.

.Up&Coming.

The PS3 version got a patch for some kind of freezing issues, but I don't know if it supports any of your issues.

I really don't know, but sometimes people just don't pop in your multiplayer room (especially free roam). It's happened to me. I just keep re-trying a game until I get a decent amount of people.

I've heard R* is working on it, but I really don't know.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

TheCheese00

It's hard for me to play ranked matches with lots of people. Most of the time it says cannot connect with players or something, then it sends me back to single player. I have to try many times just to play a game with my friends. It's easier when I'm by myself though.

I can't even play any multiplayer game, disconnects every single time. The patch didn't fix anything.

thebrownman

Yeah the ps3 patch hasn't really fixed anything. I have heard of alot of problems on there but I'm sure they are going to address and fix it as soon as they can.

I'm on a Playstation 3. My online experience?

Flawless.

I have not had any disconnects, or lag.

Obviously, people are lagging because they either have a bad connection, or are playing with people who have a bad connection.

I have an awesome connection, and I haven't had any issues. Multi player is working perfectly for me.

Well, although I my internet works excellently online, I have not tried playing other online games aside from IV with my new modem. I highly doubt it's my internet, but I'll try connecting straight to the modem instead of using the wireless and I'll try other games. I'd appreciate if people kept replying as I'm seeing varied posts across the boards. I sat in Free Roam for a good hour and a half and had nobody join. I tried finding other games for about half an hour and gave up.

Another thing is ranked and player matches. I don't understand. How can you distinguish a player match between a ranked one? I hit Quick Play on the phone and it throws me into a player made game every time. Is this an X-Box thing?