Rant About GTAIV Here

Medaphoar

In response to Raptomex's topic in "Suggestions", I created this topic so members can say how disappointed they are at GTA4.

You think Rockstar could've done better? You want a refund? What did you see wrong? Why does GTAIV suck to you?

Post all of that here.

I, personally, played IV only once. So I cant say much myself.

Been a part of gtaf since I can remember. Time to go.

user posted image

aye captain, this nigga is out. 2001-2008.

' date='May 12 2008, 18:53'] You just want your own Sticky topic, don't you? sly.giftounge.gif

No, I dont. At all.

I just wanted to stop the multiple topics about the subject.

user posted image

[MenaceMovies]
,May 12 2008, 18:53] You just want your own Sticky topic, don't you? sly.gif  tounge.gif

No, I dont. At all.

Suuure you don't we all know... tounge.gif

I'm only playing around with you man, chill.

---

Anyways back ontopic:

The list of things I don't like about IV:

- How you can easily loose the LCPD at a 2 Star Wanted level

- Removed features such as character and car customization

- The "Entering the Airport makes you recieve a wanted level" thing

- The radio stations suck

Those are mainly the downsides in my Opinion. Other than that, I still give the game a 9.5/10...

okay, no problem, I guess.

There's just way too many topics yapping about how much the game sucks, and how SA is so much superior... That's all.

user posted image

I love GTAIV as much as the next guy but yeah there were a few things that made It's fun factor go down a bit.

-Amusement park Is useless

-Could have been more activities. Yeah bowling, darts, pool and QUB3D are fun...the first time you play them.

-I still don't care what anyone says and If you decide to get all technical with me then so be It but they should have kept planes, parachutes and bicycles In. I didn't even have to be for single player, they could have added at least a bi-plane or something small like that.

-It can just be a pain In the ass when friends constantly try to get you to hang out. Half the time they call when your on a mission.

That's pretty much all I can think of and the game Is still the greatest game out so far. The only game stopping It for GOTY Is Gears of War 2.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love this game.

But all I want is a BMX for bunny-hopping cops and ramps in the skate park, and a "Replay" feature so I can watch amazing crashes more than once (without getting a capture card).

Gtapoptart

R* left out alot of stuff. yawn.gif I hate it that you can't get certain weapons such as the Minigun, Chainsaw, Flamethrower, etc. Also- like what [MenaceMovies] said, there are so many radio stations, but, they all suck. Also, the limit to player customization, there are only like 4 stores and they have no variety whatsoever. I was very disappointed with IV, it could have been a hell of a lot better. It's still ok though, I mean it's still fun and all, it just feels like something's missing.

-Gtapoptart

FrozenFire

Man I'm glad I don't think like you guys biggrin.gif

I've been enjoying the hell out of GTA IV since the 29th. I've played it more than any other 360 game, and I've only had it for a few weeks.

I'm just happy I can enjoy it for what it is >_>

Duke Nukem
R* left out alot of stuff. yawn.gif I hate it that you can't get certain weapons such as the Minigun, Chainsaw, Flamethrower, etc. Also- like what [MenaceMovies] said, there are so many radio stations, but, they all suck. Also, the limit to player customization, there are only like 4 stores and they have no variety whatsoever. I was very disappointed with IV, it could have been a hell of a lot better. It's still ok though, I mean it's still fun and all, it just feels like something's missing.

-Gtapoptart

As well as the lack of vehicle customization, you summed it up pretty good there. Aside from that, I still feel GTA IV is it's own unique game, that does absolutely fine without those (though they would add to MY gameplay experience).

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

question1111
,May 12 2008, 18:53] You just want your own Sticky topic, don't you? sly.gif  tounge.gif

No, I dont. At all.

your trying to stop them, theres already about 20 topics the same as this, your just adding another one, and trying to make your topic popular

GTA3Freak-2001
okay, no problem, I guess.

There's just way too many topics yapping about how much the game sucks, and how SA is so much superior... That's all.

Probably won't stop the multiple topics, that's wishful thinking but it may cut them down here's hoping. There's also the chance that this topic will fall into a argument between members and well you know how they go.

pop up and low framerate at times [probably just my xbox idk its not that bad]

the way the camara is tilted when your driving in 3rd person, really have to pay attention or ull wack somthing

no car customization, even if it was small like changing the colors and adding small engine upgrades to make your car faster

cant do activitys in free roam like playing pool togherer etc

but other than those i love gta4

hhhercules

they went another way with GTA 4. previous GTAs put graphics last and everything else 1st. this GTA(4) put graphics 1st and everything else last. they said f*ck all the features, f*ck our former dream/idea of making a living, breathing city. thats too hard, lets just put pretty graphics and we'll make an assload of money

San Andreas wont, and cant top gta4 in any way.

You want cool mini-games and cool effects? Go buy saints row, or any other EA game, please.

user posted image

The fact that Niko is like a Dalek.

He moves around completely fine, until he gets to some f*cking stairs.

[MenaceMovies]

You want cool mini-games and cool effects? Go buy saints row, or any other EA game, please.

Nice bump.

SA in my opinion has topped IV off. It had everything. When I got GTA San Andreas I played it on my PS2 every day, every hour every week and NEVER got bored of it. There's just so much to see and do. I was playing the game for around 6 months until I found out that PC versions are moddable. When I found out about moddings I HAD to get it for PC and did, then it extended my play for months and months more. I still play SA with much delight today. But I am already starting to get bored of IV and it hasn't even been a month yet. I am nearly onto the 3rd Island and haven't seen much "Amazing, spectacular" stuff yet...

In Tw@, the people are at the computers, but the screens are just pink with the Tw@ logo sarcasm.gif

The only explenation is that all these people are busy trying to log-in.

hhhercules
' date='May 13 2008, 15:15']

Nice bump.

SA in my opinion has topped IV off. It had everything. When I got GTA San Andreas I played it on my PS2 every day, every hour every week and NEVER got bored of it. There's just so much to see and do. I was playing the game for around 6 months until I found out that PC versions are moddable. When I found out about moddings I HAD to get it for PC and did, then it extended my play for months and months more. I still play SA with much delight today. But I am already starting to get bored of IV and it hasn't even been a month yet. I am nearly onto the 3rd Island and haven't seen much "Amazing, spectacular" stuff yet...

exactly. no1 here is complaining cus its fun. its because we loved GTA 3 - SA. But were bored of them now after years of playing them. so naturally get GTA 4 and expect progression in the ways previous GTAs did. Instead they drop tons of features and dont replace them.

I reckon it says something that so many of us would rather spend the time complaining about the game rather than actually playing it. I haven't even switched it on for 3 days. Disappointed? You betcha.

Edited by andy35711

its mostly awesome and as fun as ever but I'm not sure why they made the following changes:

-no gang warfare, it was a little over-much in San Andreas but it was still alot of fun conquering neighborhoods and gunning down punks...I woulda liked to see them keep some of this (like maybe you hafta take back little Italy for the mob guys or something)

-money becomes irrelevant wayyy too early on, I liked it better when you had to work to buy your safehouses

-lack of random super cars on the street and almost zero guaranteed spawn points for cool cars...its liberty city, how the hell is it that you almost never see sentinels and banshees and the like?

-having to 'work' to keep your friends is lame, if they're your friends you shouldnt have to keep buying them off with strippers and beer...they basically made dating a little less demanding but substituted it with having to maintain your friends, stupid

-cabbies hit you way too often, i've taken to going on a cabbie vendetta now anytime I get run over by a cab, i'll go around masequering them until i feel better -lol

Oh and this just happened and pisses me off to no end. I had my helicopter parked in my parking spot outside my safehouse. I come out to find that some asshole cabbie has knocked it out into the street, so I hop into it and try to maneuver it back into its spot (u know how much fun that is) and sorta trash it almost to the point where its toast. I cancel out and load my last save point and guess what? I come out and the copter is GONE! f*ckers!

• 1 month later...

BUMP

Car wash sucks it`s pointless.

e2thejdot @ Oct 4 2008, 03:21

The fact that SR2 has been one of the main topics on the GTAIV forum for a week now shows me how little there is of any lasting value in GTA. The best topics on this forum are who can land on the Statue of Liberty cup and whether SR2 is going to suck? LOL.. That takes a truly boring game to not have anything left to talk about after a few months.

serbian warrior

I gt a rant

Rstar! why did you have to make GTA IV so great? I hate you (sarcasm)

Mr. Mcreary

NO FREGGEN FINGERLESSGLOVES???! WHY WHY WHY? DAMN YOU ROCKSTAR FOR GETTING MY HOPES UP!! I WAS LIKE "WOWWHH AA FINGERLESSGLOVES HOW BADASS IS THAT OMG I LOVE YOU NIKO BELLIC YOUR SO COOL AND BADASS WITH GLOVES OMG WHAA MAAHN" BUT THEN THE FINAL GAME CAME AND NO GLOVES? WTF ROCKSTAR? WAY TO LET A FAN DOWN YOU BASTERD OMG WHY????? jk I'm being a dumbass. tounge.gif

I love GTAIV as much as the next guy but yeah there were a few things that made It's fun factor go down a bit.

-Amusement park Is useless

-Could have been more activities. Yeah bowling, darts, pool and QUB3D are fun...the first time you play them.

-I still don't care what anyone says and If you decide to get all technical with me then so be It but they should have kept planes, parachutes and bicycles In. I didn't even have to be for single player, they could have added at least a bi-plane or something small like that.

-It can just be a pain In the ass when friends constantly try to get you to hang out. Half the time they call when your on a mission.

That's pretty much all I can think of and the game Is still the greatest game out so far. The only game stopping It for GOTY Is Gears of War 2.

Just accept the call and go to your contacts call back and cancel plans. you dont lose any friendship rating or whatever you want to call it.

I played the game and payed attention to all the detail in Liberty City last night. I soon realised that the game has nothing else going for it other than the amazingly detailed world. Which brought me to the conclusion that the game is incomplete.

Rockstar spent to much time creating the Liberty City world and spent less time adding content to the game, ie. staff you can do, varied missions etc. at the end it all seemed rushed. IMHO the cars don't even fit the world they are in, meaning, they could have been better! It even seems like Liberty City has gone to waste, since they probably won't use it for the next gta game

So in one sentence, my complaint is bringing us an incomplete game.

Uhhh...you're kind of going in the wrong direction. No one is going to just happily discuss it in one topic. All you're doing is contributing to the mountian of "GTAIV sucks!" topics.

S'busiso: How is it incomplete? confused.gif There is so much to do! Just because you can't figure out how to have fun with it doesn't make it incomplete...hell with that logic MGS4 is extremly incomplete in my opinion.

Edited by fishing4monkeys

I played the game and payed attention to all the detail in Liberty City last night. I soon realised that the game has nothing else going for it other than the amazingly detailed world. Which brought me to the conclusion that the game is incomplete.

Rockstar spent to much time creating the Liberty City world and spent less time adding content to the game, ie. staff you can do, varied missions etc. at the end it all seemed rushed. IMHO the cars don't even fit the world they are in, meaning, they could have been better! It even seems like Liberty City has gone to waste, since they probably won't use it for the next gta game

Actually I believe they spent too much time on the cars and the city. They could've put a little more detail into the water and maybe an MTA game maker type thing so we could put objects in (stunt jumps and streets to make awesome jumps like in samp or a forge mode like game mode for online).

People say it's boring because of no customization, but that doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Actually I believe they spent too much time on the cars and the city. They could've put a little more detail into the water and maybe an MTA game maker type thing so we could put objects in (stunt jumps and streets to make awesome jumps like in samp or a forge mode like game mode for online).

People say it's boring because of no customization, but that doesn't really have anything to do with it.

I actually agree. The only thing I don't like about cars is when driving "full" speed, the game almost feels acardey. I don't know if it's just me.