Where is the Tugboat?

Beez

Can anyone tell me where the tugboat seen on the pre-release trailer (#2 or #3) is?

Is it a real vehicle or just a set piece? Or is it just in a cut scene?

Jonny Jonny

The Tug Boat is a very large and very slow boat

Some people say ya can, others say ya cant, u can on multiplayer tho

not entirely sure the exact location but its by a load of half sunken boats at the bottom of the 3rd island.

chadders42

Just north of the prison in Alderney. Near some wooded area

I found it but could not get on it. Why is Niko such a spaz when it comes to jumping? Maybe it's the spaz holdin the controller. sad.gif I was trying to jump from a Jetmax, maybe the fishing boat would work better. The other problem is I don't have Alderney opened up yet so the LCPD was shooting at Niko as he failed miserably at jumping on the tug.

I found one in between Algonquin and one of the small islands to the right of it under a bridge. Can't remember if it was Colony or Charge. It's the bridge that has the skyrail thingy.

You need to go alongside with another boat and jump onto the back of it.

It is available in singleplayer and multiplayer.

I found it but could not get on it. Why is Niko such a spaz when it comes to jumping? Maybe it's the spaz holdin the controller. sad.gif I was trying to jump from a Jetmax, maybe the fishing boat would work better. The other problem is I don't have Alderney opened up yet so the LCPD was shooting at Niko as he failed miserably at jumping on the tug.

I pulled along side it in a regular boat, jumped aboard, climbed the stars and got in, was easy... confused.gif

Four warnings, two temp bans, a sh*tty attitude, and one permaban!

Bagged 'n' tagged.

You can sail up to it in another boat or drop from a helicopter if you are a good pilot.

I have seen a couple of tug boats.

I found a Tug by Colony Island last night and did a lap around the 1st island. Nice and slow. Verrry slow. But it gave me time to really look around and take in how cool and real the city looks. And going between the islands at night with the bridges and buildings all lit up, and the reflections in the water, was pretty good.

I tried pushing barges but they are immoveable and I tried mowing down little boats but they just pop back up like corks. Next up will be to sail over to the 3rd island (that I don't have access to yet) and see how much damage the tug can take when the LCPD go after me.

Waaay back before San Andreas was released there was a thread on "what vehicles would you like to see in SA?" One of the ones I posted was a tugboat so I am glad to see one in IV. The physics of it are pretty good but it should have a slightly higher top speed and it should have a tighter turning radius. Real tugs can turn 360 in their own length. And even though I'm happy it's in there it does seem pretty pointless since you don't do any missions or side missions with it. I mean even the freight train in SA was a side mission.

OK, I'll shut up about the tugboat now. tounge2.gif

I miss the streetsweeper that was hanging round under a bridge (I think) somewhere near Vinewood. It was slow as hell, but hilarious for getaways.

apache77pilot
I found one in between Algonquin and one of the small islands to the right of it under a bridge. Can't remember if it was Colony or Charge. It's the bridge that has the skyrail thingy.

its there between aldonquin and colony. its in front of the two barges there. im not sure why you waould want it though. its sucks