Save games won't load after update

Desidarius

Desidarius

I tried applying the update to v1.01 but it had an error and to be safe I re-installed the game. Now my save games won't load, the game just crashes when I try to load them. I've read that deleting the gta_sa.set file might help but it didn't. Is there a way to fix this? I don't understand why they won't work; if I was running the original version when I saved them then re-installed the original version why shouldn't they work?

If you are on Vista, do this:

1) Uninstall SA.

2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).

4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.

5) Reboot.

6) Reinstall SA.

Desidarius

Well the original game I bought was the first version, 1.00 and it was when I tried installing the 1.01 patch (it was the only patch they made for San Andreas) it got messed up, but now it won't work if I have 1.00 or 1.01 installed.

Well the original game I bought was the first version, 1.00 and it was when I tried installing the 1.01 patch (it was the only patch they made for San Andreas) it got messed up, but now it won't work if I have 1.00 or 1.01 installed.

Are you absolutely sure you have v1? Try a few v1 saves from here and see if they work.

Desidarius

well i've gotten the 1.01 update to work, but like I said, when I just have the original 1.00 installed the savegames won't load, the game just crashes.

well i've gotten the 1.01 update to work, but like I said, when I just have the original 1.00 installed the savegames won't load, the game just crashes.

Did you try the v1 saves from the link in my previous post?

My guess is that saves created on v1.01 may not work with v1. So, if you want them to work, you'll just have to apply the patch again.