Free Roam is NOT deathmatch!

Charlie_Br0wn85

Charlie_Br0wn85

Really now...what's the point of Free Roam if you can't do anything you want without having people kill you all the time?

There's a 'Deathmatch' mode for a reason...use it if you just want to kill people with RPG's.

You are absolutely right and I totally agree with you Charlie.

But...I'm starting to lose count on the number of threads saying this (okay, I admit, I haven't really been counting) and unfortunately they don't seem to matter much.

I don't know if you've been keeping track but I hope there won't be another 100 people posting this in new threads. At least keep it in this one then people!

If you have a mic, you can just tell others to stop. But wait, R* only wanted people with mic's to hear you. angry.gif

Grab a party and go to Free Mode.

Right, right, right.

Only way you can is a privite party match and invite friends or people you know you can trust. I agree, they do ruin the game.

Charlie_Br0wn85
Grab a party and go to Free Mode.

Is there a way to allow cops in 'Party Mode' ???

nadalcameron

First, you can turn off friendly fire. Of course they can find ways to kill you, but it stops some of it.

Second, its free mode. Who says they have to come and be freindly with ya? Its a 'do whatever you want' mode.

Third, the biggest problem, is that alot of people can't connect to certain modes.

My friend can't get into any deathmatch modes. Only GTA Race and Freemode. Alot of people want to go online and do stuff with others, and end up only getting into freemode or something. So they go in there and kill.

First, you can turn off friendly fire. Of course they can find ways to kill you, but it stops some of it.

Second, its free mode. Who says they have to come and be freindly with ya? Its a 'do whatever you want' mode.

Third, the biggest problem, is that alot of people can't connect to certain modes.

My friend can't get into any deathmatch modes. Only GTA Race and Freemode. Alot of people want to go online and do stuff with others, and end up only getting into freemode or something. So they go in there and kill.

If they have an urge to kill people so much or do it in freemode then why don't they get a game with their friends and do it... They've got friends right? Also a lot of people keep friendly fire on for those who WANT to kill eachother, it's just that the people who don't want to get killed everytime they spawn are targeted.

Today I literally walked up to some guys with no gun out..said "Do not shoot me, I'm not going to shoot you" and the bitch shot me. He had a mic, and he heard me..Also he was being a pain to everyone. We all voted that he be kicked but...it didn't work...

DDR Midian
Today I literally walked up to some guys with no gun out..said "Do not shoot me, I'm not going to shoot you" and the bitch shot me. He had a mic, and he heard me..Also he was being a pain to everyone. We all voted that he be kicked but...it didn't work...

The joys of free mode! biggrin.gif

SaintJimmy
Really now...what's the point of Free Roam if you can't do anything you want without having people kill you all the time?

There's a 'Deathmatch' mode for a reason...use it if you just want to kill people with RPG's.

You can roam LC in single player. you can do it in multi as well, but dont complain if people kill you.

Free roam is for doing whatever the hell you want (as in Single Player), but with other people.

nadalcameron

I know personally my friends list is small. I have maybe two or three on it that are on when I am. Sometimes I go in and mess around. I don't kill someone if they ask not to be killed, but its one way for me to run around with, say, one friend and go after people who we don't know. A one on one would be boring. . . I think though the problem would be better if everyone could get into deathmatch period.

I'm sorry dude. But that is funny!

I'm sorry dude. But that is funny!

Unless you're the one it's happening to. I can see how it's funny, really I can but it's still annoying.

I have something to add to this. If you want to free-roam and do what you want, then put your phone in sleep mode, and play the single player game. Problem solved, no more killing. If you play online, you have to expect that some people will try to kill you.

I realize its frustrating, but the best thing to do is just play single player, if you don't want to worry about other players.

Coltrane's Muse

This isn't a problem for me, as I simply keep my "Free Roam" private, off-limits to outsiders and on-line acquaintances alike.

user posted image

I have something to add to this. If you want to free-roam and do what you want, then put your phone in sleep mode, and play the single player game. Problem solved, no more killing. If you play online, you have to expect that some people will try to kill you.

I realize its frustrating, but the best thing to do is just play single player, if you don't want to worry about other players.

Sleep mode? You mean no calls or texts?!?!

Wow... that can come in handy, how did I not notice that.

Thanks. cookie.gif

I have done that a few times but the thing is, you may want to play with other people too. I shouldn't have to play by myself if I don't a want to be killed by other people. Why can't the people who constantly kill anything moving just find a match where others are doing the same. I don't care if you kill people, really I don't but at least have the f*cking decency to not kill a person who hasn't killed you or has never shot at you.

I Keyser Sose I

but at least have the f*cking decency to not kill a person who hasn't killed you or has never shot at you.

You sound surprised that people have no decency.

Hello, and let me be the first to welcome you to the Internet. Population: Dickweeds.

If you have a mic, you can just tell others to stop. But wait, R* only wanted people with mic's to hear you.  angry.gif

No actually, it has nothing to do with R*. If you hit the Middle "XBL" button on your controller, then go to "personal settings" then "voice" You choose what speakers to output the voice.

Edited by Yarbo

I have something to add to this.    If you want to free-roam and do what you want, then put your phone in sleep mode, and play the single player game.  Problem solved, no more killing.  If you play online, you have to expect that some people will try to kill you.

I have done that a few times but the thing is, you may want to play with other people too. I shouldn't have to play by myself if I don't a want to be killed by other people. Why can't the people who constantly kill anything moving just find a match where others are doing the same. I don't care if you kill people, really I don't but at least have the f*cking decency to not kill a person who hasn't killed you or has never shot at you.

There will always be griefers who find it fun to do just the opposite of what you ask. So, if you want to avoid that, the only way is to play offline. I know it sucks, but griefers won't disapear anytime soon.

it's free mode, just roll with whatever happens. entering free mode with expectations of corralling everybody into a game of baseball bat fights is just a practice in frustration.

i just do what i want, and people either join in or try to mess with me... if they mess with me then i proceed to hunt down the players 1 by 1.

the trick is to get the hell out of the area before they respawn so they don't get the surprise revenge kill

Yep... don't have to worry. Private party with 3 other trusted friends and we have a great time! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't even want to have to bother with half you losers out there!

~J

wutangblade

lol I was gonna make a thread moaning about this, I was happily riding around in my sanchez....I get blown up so I try driving around the airport in the Sultan RS and a heli follows me although it was funny when I used the ramps at the end of the strip and launched myself into him devil.gif

Sometimes it can be fun to turn FR into a death match though

castroblues

I cant stand it sometimes. If you want to kill everyone in sight, go to deathmatch. If your in free roam and someone looks like they want to accomplish something (i.e. getting a heli or car) dont just go up to them and shoot them for no reason!

And most of the people that do it DONT HAVE A MIC!!! Its so annoying!

SouleRonin

Yeah, I personally don't mind the idiots who use free mode to hunt players.

Why?

Because these players usually suck..which is why they don't play in TDM where they know people will be targeting them also...

Its a real simple fix... Do what I do.

I play Free mode to run around with peeps and cause trouble, do jumps, and its real fun to just pile four peeps into a vehicle and cause mayhem...

BUT!!!! When I do get a dumb @ss who kills me more than once in free mode (I say once because we are all human and once could be an accident, or just the simple desire to kill aplayer...we've all been there) then I simply target him, and make his life miserable. I chase him down, and keep killing him until he leaves...if I was having fun with some cool people before this idiot started up with me, then usually the people I was playing with will join me in hunting this loser until they leave...

In the end, its what keeps the game nice and semi-realistic...just having the ability to kill anyone and everyone.

And frankly, if your not good enough to defend yourself and get some revenge, then you shouldn't be playing online at all...

Afterall, if your worried about getting sand in your V@gina, then stay away from the beach.

Soule RONIN