How Much PSU Do I Need?

H4milton

I am going to order a new video card, but in doubt that if it will match my PSU.

The following models are in my mind and I currently have 400W(golden Field)

1. ATI 3850

2. ATI 3650

3. NVIDIA 8500GT

4. NVIDIA 8600GT

I checked some websites like newegg but they dont show how much PSU does it require

And also give me a link if theres is a website that helps with this kind of stuff.

THankS

GTA3Freak-2001

What else are you running? It should be alright for any of those cards, 8600 GT's only need 300w and 3850's use slightly less I've heard. You should be fine, key word should.

please be 100% sure.

Which 1 of them is the best that I've mentioned,

serially

GTA3Freak-2001

Well put it this way, I am running a 8800GT which requires 400w minimum on a 430w PSU with no issues. If the recommended power requirements for all of those cards is 300 then you should have no issues.

As for the best card I'd go for the 3850 personally.

Rocketkiller

I'm guessing your PSU is a no-name brand, in which case I would go with a well-known name brand 350+ watt PSU.

Like Rocketkiller said, go with a reputable brand for a PSU as it's a really important component of a PC.

I recommend Antec, OCZ, PC Power & Cooling for PSUs, but since you're in Bangladesh, you probably won't be able to find these brands, if so, try getting a Mercury PSU, I find this to be a good brand for PSUs.

FIOszpJ.gif

SyphonPayne

Amperage really matters more than wattage but in my opinion when in doubt just swap out the PSU with one you know is a good one, and for those cards I would recommend at least a 430 watt, but 400 might cut it but we need to know what CPU you're running as well as how many hard drives and USB-powered accessories, as well as anything else that will draw juice from the PSU (including the CD/DVD drive.)

currently I have a DVD Drive, 160GBSATAHDD, and a Sapphire 1050 PCI card.

And the company of my PSU is a Chinese brand named GOLDEN FIELD.

Well I wouldn't risk running my PC off a brand like 'Golden Field', so go with a brand that I mentioned before or any reputed brand.

Oh and you should post all your system components, what you posted isn't really enough.

FIOszpJ.gif