is gta4 REALLY the worst gta?

boothy

-=Gr@ph1x=-

"2. GTA III" ---> you people are idiots.

Ya know why? Because gta 3 sucked ass. It was very boring.

My list: 1. Gta IV

2. Vice City

3. San Andreas

4. Stories (Very boring)

5. Gta III

6. Old gta's

user posted image

I'd probably say (from guessing though)

fave would probably be IV

2nd fave VC

3rd III

LCS and VCS not played

SA worst...felt goofy to a bad point, and CJ was everyone's bitch. Still like it though...just wish they kinda thought through that game

G twenty-nine

Because gta 3 sucked ass. It was very boring.

Because gta 3 sucked ass.

.... I am trying my best to restrain my anger. Instead, I will just tell you that you must have not started playing GTA 2d and experienced that transition to 3d.

-=Gr@ph1x=-

Maybe that's why. I started playing gta by playing gta 3 first or either vice city tounge.gif

user posted image

My list: 1. Gta IV

2. Vice City

3. San Andreas

4. Stories (Very boring)

5. Gta III

6. Old gta's

You understand that there are two stories games?

I have the strong feeling that most of the users here complaining about GTA IV and comparing it with SA are like 14 years old.

If not, please bring real arguments. Even if I not agree, I can at least understand your points.

The people complaining about the people complaining are handicapped.

This bullsh*t about comparing it SA is stupid and whoever started it should be pistol whipped a thousand times. There was like two people comparing IV to SA and now everyone is just assuming people complaining are comparing it to SA.

Even the most educated responses will f*cking get quoted with:

OMFG ITS NOT SA

If you're whole argument is that the game isn't San Andreas, don't think you're proving a point. The GTA series is evolving, you can easily tell. When it evolved into San Andreas, it was a huge change. San Andreas was a huge milestone for GTA. When all the things SA accomplished turned to nothing, people are going to be upset. Although I'm not, there's going to be people angered by lack of things to do compared to SA. It's like it went a step down gameplay wise, but a step up graphic wise and story wise. People got used to being able to chose from hundreds of clothing items.

Let it be. San Andreas and IV are completely different and you can pretty much call San Andreas Saint Row because IV broke into new ground. A ground we're going to all get used to. IV is great, but not perfect. Let people complain intelligently. icon14.gif

EDIT::

SA and IV tie for me.

Edited by DeadShock

1. San Andreas

2. IV

3. Vice city

4 The rest...

you can pretty much call San Andreas Saint Row because IV broke into new ground.

Why, exactly?

My top 3 gta games (not including 2d)

Vice City

San Andreas

IV

Though San Andreas missions were by far the funnest, I still think Vice City just had somthing special about it that keeps it my favourite game of all time.

Edited by V1ce C1ty

I still don't know why everyone loves VC so much <_<

It's cool and all, and it had some damn fine music (The 80's rocked) but it's really nothing special. It's a blatant rip of Scarface, and Rockstar aren't trying to hide that fact. tounge.gif

So that basically takes away the whole "great story" aspect, since it's barely their own. Just different characters in the same situations.

GTA IV is just amazing. The storyline is believable. It's a harsh look into what life is really like for someone in Niko's position. You can't trust people, you do what you do for money, even if it goes against your morals.

I absolutely love the driving physics. They're realistic enough, without being like a driving simulator. (Which is good, because cars turning like boats in molasses is no fun) Every perfect turn at 200 miles per hour is like a small victory for me. biggrin.gif

The weapons, though fewer, are just way better. They sound better, work better, and feel better. Once I had access to anything stronger than a pistol in past GTA's, I never used them again. But in IV, the pistol is one of my favorite weapons, because everything is so strong and useful.

Don't even get me started on the graphics, because those are just amazing for the size and scale of the city.

Peds act real. Their activities are so varied. In other GTA games, they were either walking or driving. Now you see people leaning on poles, sitting on walls and stairs, talking on phones, smoking, fixing things, etc. Climbing onto a high roof, and then jumping onto a billboard, only to find a person patching up the sign is just awesome. Pushing them off of the edge and watching Euphoria take over is even better.

Which leads me to the physics. Endless fun can be had thanks to Euphoria. Gently nudging a cop into speeding cars is great. Pushing people down stairs, running them over (With a nice metal thump), and pinning them against walls is my favorite pastime.

And what people seem to be forgetting is how much Rockstar ADDED in place of those unrealistic features that were in GTA SA.

Appreciate the game for what it is, not what another game was.

As for my favorite list:

1. GTA IV

2. GTA SA

3. GTA III

4. GTA VC

5. GTA II

Exactly my thoughts, well said.

So many GTA fans got caught up in the feature set of SA, but when you think about it realistically, it was overdone and to add those in a more realistic GTA:IV, would just not have fit.

These things in SA, simply did not fit in IV:

-changing Niko's weight/muscle tone..ect, as he is what he is, a professional killer who was in war

Also, remember, in most case it takes from 30-60 in-game days, from start to finish.

Now how realistic is it to gain/lose 200lbs in 30 days?

It's not.

-making Niko's skills better with more weapon usage and more driving..ect

Now, he's killed before so he's used to it, and realistically he would takes many months if not years to get better with each weapon, and not just 20-30 or so days.

The same of driving, Niko can not just magically become a better driver in 30 days..lol

It's just not realistic, and it shows just how unrealistic those features were in SA.

This is not Oblivion here, it's GTA.

-Flying planes.

Now if you ever lived or just visited NYC, it takes only a couple min's(at worst) to get from northeast Bronx to the southern part of Brooklyn.

-Parachutes.

Can you really picture Niko jumping out a skyscraper with a parachute? lol

Look, SA was fun but it was unrealistic in a realistic setting.

GTA:IV's feature set is perfect for the setting, and i'd easily take a 30% smaller map with much more details over a mostly barron SA map.

For the first time the storyline in a GTA game is in depth, has a purpose and is hard hitting.

And the phsics engine adds something new to each mission, which leads to alot more possibities in how each mission plays out, and how the npc's in it's 'world' play out.

Finally in GTA:IV the series has matured(but not too much to be boring) to the point where the driving is more realistic, the main character is more realistic, the npc's act more realistic, the missions all tie into the storyline, your relationships with friends/girlfriends are much more in depth and not just thrown in as a extra feature(SA).

Just becasue we enter a new generation of console technology, does not mean you just do the same thing with more features.

Instead you use that technology for things that go beyond features, that make every part of it's gameplay better.

And that is what makes GTA:IV truly a next generation game, just like GTAIII was in 2001.

ViceCityNative4Life
I would rate it like

San Andreas

III

IV

Vice City

LCS

VCS

NO WAY! This is the best gta so far!

my rating:

IV

SA

III

VC

VCS

LCS

colgate.gif

VC was an expanded III

SA was an expanded VC

IV has gone backwards from SA in some areas

This is the best GTA story-wise.

Think about it. After the 100% you're just in this city and all you have left to do is rampage.

With SA, when you finished the story, you had all these side-missions (pizza delivery, hidden packages, rampages, etc.) and after all of that you still could have fun. Since it had a variety of weapons and vehicles, you could always re-play it. Plus the cheat codes were amazing, Stunts were sweet, etc.

(In no way am I saying IV should've had all that. I'm simply saying SA is more fun after the main story.)

gordongekko

i swear, maybe EA should buy TT, then everybody will be satisfied with their safe house/clothing expansion packs every six months.

not too mention, as far as play value after beating the main story, has no one found the random peds giving missions around LC? I'd sacrifice all the bike school/planes/bloodring derby's of SA for just one more Jeff or Eddie mission!

Edited by gordongekko

The features were taken out becuase the game was getting stupid and childish, if they added anymore from what SA contained then it would just be stupid. GTA4 brings the series  to a much more mature stand point i reckon. Yes, the humour is still there, but in many cases i think it's a lot more subtle, and really concentrates on a deep, gritty storyline that makes 4 so f*cking aweosme.

People who hate it becuase they expected San Andreas part 2  have only ever disappointed themselves as Rockstar didnt mention SA's features once to any previewer.

I feel VCS was the most lacking of the series becuase the formula was jsut getting stale and needed 4 to point it in a fresher direction.

EDIT: Rushed? Three and a half years and a 6 month delay is NOT rushed. You clearly have no idea how long it takes to develop a good game from scratch.

fully agree

It's cool and all, and it had some damn fine music (The 80's rocked) but it's really nothing special. It's a blatant rip of Scarface, and Rockstar aren't trying to hide that fact.  tounge.gif 

So that basically takes away the whole "great story" aspect, since it's barely their own. Just different characters in the same situations.

GTA IV is just amazing. The storyline is believable. It's a harsh look into what life is really like for someone in Niko's position. You can't trust people, you do what you do for money, even if it goes against your morals.

I absolutely love the driving physics. They're realistic enough, without being like a driving simulator. (Which is good, because cars turning like boats in molasses is no fun) Every perfect turn at 200 miles per hour is like a small victory for me.  biggrin.gif

The weapons, though fewer, are just way better. They sound better, work better, and feel better. Once I had access to anything stronger than a pistol in past GTA's, I never used them again. But in IV, the pistol is one of my favorite weapons, because everything is so strong and useful.

Don't even get me started on the graphics, because those are just amazing for the size and scale of the city.

Peds act real. Their activities are so varied. In other GTA games, they were either walking or driving. Now you see people leaning on poles, sitting on walls and stairs, talking on phones, smoking, fixing things, etc. Climbing onto a high roof, and then jumping onto a billboard, only to find a person patching up the sign is just awesome. Pushing them off of the edge and watching Euphoria take over is even better.

Which leads me to the physics. Endless fun can be had thanks to Euphoria. Gently nudging a cop into speeding cars is great. Pushing people down stairs, running them over (With a nice metal thump), and pinning them against walls is my favorite pastime.

And what people seem to be forgetting is how much Rockstar ADDED in place of those unrealistic features that were in GTA SA.

As for my favorite list:

1. GTA IV

2. GTA SA

3. GTA III

4. GTA VC

5. GTA II

So many GTA fans got caught up in the feature set of SA, but when you think about it realistically, it was overdone and to add those in a more realistic GTA:IV, would just not have fit.

-changing Niko's weight/muscle tone..ect, as he is what he is, a professional killer who was in war

Also, remember, in most case it takes from 30-60 in-game days, from start to finish.

It's not.

Now, he's killed before so he's used to it, and realistically he would takes many months if not years to get better with each weapon, and not just 20-30 or so days.

The same of driving, Niko can not just magically become a better driver in 30 days..lol

It's just not realistic, and it shows just how unrealistic those features were in SA.

-Flying planes.

Now if you ever lived or just visited NYC, it takes only a couple min's(at worst) to get from northeast Bronx to the southern part of Brooklyn.

-Parachutes.

GTA:IV's feature set is perfect for the setting, and i'd easily take a 30% smaller map with much more details over a mostly barron SA map.

For the first time the storyline in a GTA game is in depth, has a purpose and is hard hitting.

And the phsics engine adds something new to each mission, which leads to alot more possibities in how each mission plays out, and how the npc's in it's 'world' play out.

Finally in GTA:IV the series has matured(but not too much to be boring) to the point where the driving is more realistic, the main character is more realistic, the npc's act more realistic, the missions all tie into the storyline, your relationships with friends/girlfriends are much more in depth and not just thrown in as a extra feature(SA).

Just becasue we enter a new generation of console technology, does not mean you just do the same thing with more features.

Instead you use that technology for things that go beyond features, that make every part of it's gameplay better.

And that is what makes GTA:IV truly a next generation game, just like GTAIII was in 2001.

Why go on about detailed realism, GTA is not meant to be incredibly realistic, you can't go and kill thousands of people without getting caught, and if you do get caught you just get let out, not jialed or sent back to europe. This is a more obvious unrealistic point than not being able to get skinnier in 2 days.

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!!!!! don't forget about that. that could add the coolest stuff. Maybe even more guns. don't be dissapointed with the game quite yet. oh, and gta III was the retardedest. 1 month in and bored out of my face. frusturated with the mission where i had to get some dude all these cars, car would blow up after crashing it once, and i'm stomping on my ps2.

Think about it. After the 100% you're just in this city and all you have left to do is rampage.

With SA, when you finished the story, you had all these side-missions (pizza delivery, hidden packages, rampages, etc.) and after all of that you still could have fun. Since it had a variety of weapons and vehicles, you could always re-play it. Plus the cheat codes were amazing, Stunts were sweet, etc.

(In no way am I saying IV should've had all that. I'm simply saying SA is more fun after the main story.)

Um when you finish 100% in SA, there's f*** all to do aswell.

Even if you just finish the story in GTA IV there's still other things to do like LJ's drug missions, cop missions, unique jumps, the 200 pigeons, races, bowling, etc.

People think that there's nothing to do in IV outside of the missions, go take a look. You'll be quite surprised.

i swear, maybe EA should buy TT, then everybody will be satisfied with their safe house/clothing expansion packs every six months.

not too mention, as far as play value after beating the main story, has no one found the random peds giving missions around LC? I'd sacrifice all the bike school/planes/bloodring derby's of SA for just one more Jeff or Eddie mission!

You'd sacrifice features that made San Andreas one of the greatest games of are time to do a mission for some coke-head. Awesome.

I honestly think that this is the best GTA game yet mainly because of the combat system, physics, and multiplayer. The broken combat and the little to no physics are now a thing of the past. If anything this just gets me excited for whats to come. This is my GTA list from favorite to least favorite (but keep in mind I do enjoy every one of them this is just purely from an entertainment stand point.)

GTA IV

Vice City

San Andreas

III

VCS

LCS

GTA 2

GTA

Think about it.  After the 100% you're just in this city and all you have left to do is rampage.

With SA, when you finished the story, you had all these side-missions (pizza delivery, hidden packages, rampages, etc.) and after all of that you still could have fun.  Since it had a variety of weapons and vehicles, you could always re-play it.  Plus the cheat codes were amazing, Stunts were sweet, etc.

(In no way am I saying IV should've had all that.  I'm simply saying SA is more fun after the main story.)

Even if you just finish the story in GTA IV there's still other things to do like LJ's drug missions, cop missions, unique jumps, the 200 pigeons, races, bowling, etc.

People think that there's nothing to do in IV outside of the missions, go take a look. You'll be quite surprised.

You mentioned bowling. Did you take time to read over you post? Bowling? Why'd you even post?

Yes, you can do all those things and you could do them in SA too, but you finish doing all that in IV and you're done. You finish all the bonus stuff in SA and you still have fun.

VC was an expanded III

SA was an expanded VC

IV has gone backwards from SA in some areas

Explain how IV has gone backwards from SA?

btw: i love SA second only to IV, however many of it's features were so unrealistic for the setting.

It was like Rockstar tried making GTA into a RPG, but i really believe if you are going to do that well enough, you will need technology of the next generation, at the least.

Most of those features were just put in without any thought to them.

-If CJ put on say 200lbs, he could take it off in less then 2 days? It's just too unrealistic.

-CJ can go from a bad shot with a pistol to a hitman in only 30 or so in-game days? Again too unrealistic.

-The same about driving. CJ could go from being a bad driver to a 'pro'? in a couple weeks. Again unrealistic.

I like the way Rockstar took GTA:IV, they did'nt just add more features, better graphics and online and release it.

Rather they wrote the deepest storyline in the series, used the new physics engine to make the missions play out differently..and not static like, added depth to the relations you have with friends/gf's, and made it all tie it, together.

What they did was to perfect(or at least greatly improve) the weak areas of VC/SA, which was impossible to do last generation. And they left out features that eithier did not fit(planes) and one's that are unrealistic(changing weight/driving upgrades/weapon skill upgrades)

btw: At first(last fall) i thought GTA:IV was a step backwards as well, until you really think about how each feature played into SA and how each one was just thrown in..without caring about if it made sense.

Edited by PhilipO43

is gta4 REALLY the worst gta?, only ppl disapointed with gta4 answer

That's a biased question. It's not that you WANT to hear that it's the worst, it's that you want the people's opinion. Remember that.

You mentioned bowling.  Did you take time to read over you post? Bowling? Why'd you even post?

Yes, you can do all those things and you could do them in SA too, but you finish doing all that in IV and you're done.  You finish all the bonus stuff in SA and you still have fun.

What's wrong with bowling? It's better then SA's dance minigame.

Also I'm the type person that sometimes just likes to walk around, and take in sights.

I could do that for 4 hours in the new LC quite easily.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Think about it.  After the 100% you're just in this city and all you have left to do is rampage.

With SA, when you finished the story, you had all these side-missions (pizza delivery, hidden packages, rampages, etc.) and after all of that you still could have fun.  Since it had a variety of weapons and vehicles, you could always re-play it.  Plus the cheat codes were amazing, Stunts were sweet, etc.

(In no way am I saying IV should've had all that.  I'm simply saying SA is more fun after the main story.)

You mentioned bowling. Did you take time to read over you post? Bowling? Why'd you even post?

Yes, you can do all those things and you could do them in SA too, but you finish doing all that in IV and you're done. You finish all the bonus stuff in SA and you still have fun.

Having fun doing silly stuff, that has nothing to do with the storyline?

I personally never enjoyed the extra missions in any GTA game, when it had nothing to do with it's storyline.

If you can tie all the features into the storyline, then it makes sense, and does not feel like it's just added in with no purpose.

Also, i never did the extra stuff in III,VC and SA, because it was not tied into the storyline. The same of Saint's Row.

For me GTA:IV has finally matured, and put the focus on it's storyline/characters/npc's/physics..ect

Edited by PhilipO43

jangalang!

OK GTA 4 IS CLEAR CUT THE BEST GRAND THEFT........BUT WHY EVEN DEBATE THIS TOPIC BECAUSE ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS POST WILLLL AGREE THAT ESPECIALLY GTA3,VC,SA,LCS,AND GTA4 ALL GAVE US AN ESCAPE TO VENT OUR ANGER AT THE CORRUPT GOV'T PROPAGANDA AND ALLL THE ECONOMICAL BULLsh*t THATS GOIN ON RIGHT NOW IN THE US (FOREIGNERS......FEEL FREE TO SYMPATHIZE)

It's cool and all, and it had some damn fine music (The 80's rocked) but it's really nothing special. It's a blatant rip of Scarface, and Rockstar aren't trying to hide that fact.  tounge.gif 

I absolutely love the driving physics. They're realistic enough, without being like a driving simulator. (Which is good, because cars turning like boats in molasses is no fun) Every perfect turn at 200 miles per hour is like a small victory for me.  biggrin.gif

As for my favorite list:

1. GTA IV

2. GTA SA

3. GTA III

4. GTA VC

5. GTA II

It's not.

-Flying planes.

-Parachutes.

Why go on about detailed realism, GTA is not meant to be incredibly realistic, you can't go and kill thousands of people without getting caught, and if you do get caught you just get let out, not jialed or sent back to europe. This is a more obvious unrealistic point than not being able to get skinnier in 2 days.

I agree here, and i think this is where Rockstar may be headed, to the point where if you go mass murdering, you will have the FBI/cops..ect up your..., to the point where it's impossible to escape.

But if they go down that route, expect alot of GTA fans to become outraged(i think it makes sense, but that's just me), and i think Rockstar knows this all to well.

Also, you need to stike a perfect balance in gaming, especially when realism is part of it. Take for instance the R6 series. The first game(98-pc) was so realistic one shot=one kill(for you), but now in R6 and GRAW, they use the Halo like healing..which is very unrealistic.

So if you overboard on the realism, your taking away the fun from the game itself.

It's really a tricky balance you need to find.

I loved the fun factor..and crazyness in SA, but i also love the realism and more deeper storyline/main characters, in GTA:IV.

And the core gameplay of GTA is still left intact, it's just Rockstar headed in a more realistic direction in IV.

And with LC being the setting and Niko(a war vet), a more realistic and heavy hitting storyline was a must, compared to a 'average joe' in CJ, where you could stretch the story/gameplay a bit, towards more crazyness.

Alot depends on the main character and the setting, as you need to focus your storyline/gameplay based on them.

thebrownman

from my view of storyline, I honestly think San Andreas was the worst. IV has got to be the best imo. Though I did love the city in San Andreas, I'm sure IV will win me once I unlock all of it

if you think IV is bad just cause it doesnt have some retarded features, car modding, buying homes, etc. then your an idiot. This GTA is revolutionary and its not a sequel from GTA SA its a sequel from GTA 3 and you should ONLY compare it with GTA 3 nothing else. So only threads we should be seeing are comparison threads about GTA III to GTA IV. I have completed the story and im still finding out some new things and having a blast with it. I havn't played LCS on psp but from what i have seen, its the worst

Jonesizzle

Oh boo hoo this and boo hoo that. Whenever GTAIII came out, people admired the graphics (just the fact of free-roam on 3D graphics), you really couldn't do sh*t after you did the game or anything during the game except missions and kill people. GTAIII was just the beginning of two other great games we saw, possibly one of the best games. GTAIV is a little bit of R* is going to offer us for next-gen. R* is going to be blowing people away with these GTA games for next-gen. GTAIV is just the beginning of great things.

WUDSnYa.png