Dont get me wrong

GTAfanatical

GTAfanatical

peopel keep sayign rockstar made the game more realistic

how?

i mean. i wacked it in. its gta. same old awesomeness and gameplay. nothing magorly different

except

- phone

-car handling

-cover system

-physics

now peopel keep sayign rockstars made it really realistic and id like to know in what way because it seems the same as before except for those above mentioned which are just minor tweaks

-------------

also on a side note. why do i keep reading these two sentances

1. you cant customise niko because rockstar wants him to be a pivotal character.

-last i checked peopel in real life get tatoos,haircuts, clothes etc al lthe time and it doesnt change their character at all

2. they took out all the stuff from last games because this games realistic

- how is removing all those optional extras realistic. the optional extras were realistic to real life. peopel get al lthat stuff doen in real life so what in jebus are peopel talking about

----------

also decent discussions please im not really bothered about things they left or added to the game. i love the game. im not fussed about thigns they left out etc. i just want to know where people are comign from when they use this in arguments

Mainly referring to graphics, the game overall looks more realistic than the previous "cartoon" incarnations.

The interaction between Nico and the general public is more seamless than it has been previously, the pedestrians have more interactive and realistic conversations, try ordering a Hot Dog after you have threatened the stall owner. The way the cars react to being smashed is more realistic, I used to get fed up at the cars blowing up after hitting a bale of cotton wool and feathers, now it takes a bit more. After you have taken part in a mission listen to the radio news, you become a feature as they report on the events. The use of the Mobile for continual communication, the use of the Internet Cafe and e-mail to get jobs.

The above are only a small proportion of the positive changes, It's the multitude of small things that have made the experience more realistic.

Mainly referring to graphics, the game overall looks more realistic than the previous "cartoon" incarnations.

The interaction between Nico and the general public is more seamless than it has been previously, the pedestrians have more interactive and realistic conversations, try ordering a Hot Dog after you have threatened the stall owner. The way the cars react to being smashed is more realistic, I used to get fed up at the cars blowing up after hitting a bale of cotton wool and feathers, now it takes a bit more. After you have taken part in a mission listen to the radio news, you become a feature as they report on the events. The use of the Mobile for continual communication, the use of the Internet Cafe and e-mail to get jobs.

The above are only a small proportion of the positive changes, It's the multitude of small things that have made the experience more realistic.

Yeah I love how after certain missions it's mentioned on the radio, and on the news website.

Past GTAs incorporated this, but GTA IV has taken it to a new level. It's awesome how so many things are connected.

For instance yesterday I was walking through a section of Algonquin, and I bumped into Hossan. He sent you a email earlier in the game.

Just random things like seeing construction workers actually working, people talking on phones, getting out umbrellas when it rains etc make it much more realistic.

I think you just listed the major realism factors that were added...but also there is:

-The way you have to actually lose cops instead of just getting to the nearest pay and spray...which you can still do...but you can't be seen while doing it.

Some things that were realistic were removed simply because they were annoying in GTA:SA...such as the body maintenance.

Other things got axed or simply didn't make it in because Rockstar had a timetable I believe...they just couldn't fit it all in and get it out this year. I think some of it may make a return within the DLC (as an addon to the DLC...not as the DLC itself)

I think the reason we can't greatly customize Niko is because they had a distinct look they didn't want people messing with too much. I feel conflicted on this...I believe Niko's look is important to the storyline...just as CJ's was....frankly I didn't like the way some people added afro's and sh*t to CJ...it just looked strange. I also would like to see customization to a degree...nothing too out there (though if "out there" was put in it wouldn't really matter...I just wouldn't use it)...but something would be nice. I just think Rockstar wanted him to be a basic Niko...and decided to not let the player customize his look. I also think this is one of those things that Rockstar decided to axe as a result of the timetable.

As for the cars...well they took out the customization but added in plenty of customized cars. No it's not as good as being able to setup a car just like you want...but I don't think that's nearly as important in this setting as it was in GTA:SA...the cars were part of the atmosphere there....here...not so much. Also again I think this got axed for time constraints.

I wouldn't say they strictly made it realistic....it's more they tried balancing the realism/fun a little more. Some things got axed because they weren't realistic (army/tanks/apache because you don't see those things in American cities and planes because you don't see them flying around New York...helis make a lot more sense) and other things got added because they were. It's all part of the further refinement of the series.

Edited by thor79

I was driving around the Beachgate suburbs south of Broker, and there was a man on his roof washing his windows. Granted he probably stayed there from dusk till dawn, but I think you get the point.

It's the details that make this game what it is. It's when you crash into a concrete wall and you fly out of the windshield and you get up and can see the point of impact with dents and cracks and blood on the concrete.

Running down pedestrians and getting directionally accurate blood spatter on your hood.

The cover system is pretty damn accurate. I always hated how CJ takes on the FBI standing out in the open with a micro uzi.I think I would have a tendency to at least get my ass behind some cover.

i love it when you repeat a mission and the character dialogue is different, makes a huge difference imo. The whole game is a million miles ahead of SA, R* have done a blinding job.

Another moron topic, GTA isnt ever gonna be truely realistic but it has improved its realism since VC and SA, Like the buyin of hotdogs or seein peds usin there phones etc. Thats whats more realistic and if you cna tsee that then you never will. Killin people anbd escapin isnt realistic cos if it was youd spend years waitin to get out of jail and how much fun in a game would that be.

it's "more realistic" in the sense that it looks far better than III and has a ton of added details. It's still a video game though. what did you want, to go to the hospital for one bullet wound and have 6 weeks of game time go by? to have to start the game over from scratch when you die? did you want gridlock, so walking might be faster than jacking a car? lolz. think about the end of an argument before you begin it.

This is just the begining of a more realistic GTA.

I really like how you rag doll when you ditch your car then just roll and get up and not be hurt at all.

stratocastom
i love it when you repeat a mission and the character dialogue is different, makes a huge difference imo. The whole game is a million miles ahead of SA, R* have done a blinding job.

yeah, and how on a 3rd repeat of a mission the character just wants to listen to the radio lol.gif

Catalinaslover

peopel keep sayign rockstar made the game more realistic

how?

Hot dogs r not a free meal anymore.

A better question is not how it's more real, but why. Who plays video games because they are 'real'? I know a certain level of realism adds to the atmosphere and draws you into a game, but there is a fine line between captivation and tedium.

I think the story is more realistic. Seems more about getting caught up in organized crime / revenge than it does breaking into secret government bases to steal jetpacks, defending an antenna from RC airplanes, etc...

Oh, come on now... there are plenty of over-the-top missions this go around. I liked Zero's missions anyway, they were some of the most creative and fun in the game.