people who actully appreciate GTA IV

HEIMZ

this is a thread for people who actully appreciate the technical, gameplay, marvel that is GTA IV and arent bitching about gloves, telephone poles and planes

theres tons of threads complianing about this steller game and not enough giving it the praise it deserves, so my friends use this thread as a means to talk about how in spite of small problems, GTA is one of the defining games of our lifetimes.

.Up&Coming.

Well, I love the game. And what I noticed that I loved about it was CONSTRUCTION workers working on roads and such. Love those details.

Amazing. I love the game. I have complaints, but I'll keep them to myself.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

Jack-Stowe

mate i love your sig above. lmao seriously. did he actually ask that?? lol hahaha

what a n0000000b

i agree, seeing a construction worker actully using a slegehammer instead of just standing there, cops arresting other people, a living world, its a travesty that people can simply ignore all that and say "OMGZZ no PLaN3ZZ?????? WTF GtA SUXX"

I love this game. The thing that impresses me the most is the amount of detail. E.g. People going through trunks of their cars, construction workers doing maintenance work on the road, people talking on their cellphones in the street, toll booths etc. And that's just a few.

I also adore Euphoria.

Although I there are a few minor things in this game I feel could've been done better, I am completely satisfied with it. After all, no game is perfect. Yes, that means even Vice City and San Andreas weren't perfect.

Soviet-Sicko

I agree, I don't see how so many people are bashing this amazing game, I love it, one of the best games I've played in a long time, and definetly one of the most realistic as far as living citizens.

its good to have this vein of positive inflow on this forum.

GTA IV is a masterpeice, and for people to say otherwise is dumb imo

DDR Midian

I love the game, I'm just a little sad about getting tired of it faster than I tired of VC and SA. It's still a 10/10 game though.

Love it as well. Even when I get 100%, I will still enjoy mp, or just turning it on in order to drive around and do crazy stuff.

.Up&Coming.
mate i love your sig above. lmao seriously. did he actually ask that?? lol hahaha

what a n0000000b

Yeah, it was pretty funny.

The only disappointment I really have about this game is the lack of interiors. I can't tell you how many times I've ran into doors to see if I could go in.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

BrokerZoo

I knew there was intelligent life on these forums. Most people on here don't appreciate this game for what it is. The detail is incredible and the fun is still there. I think R* owed us a more detailed and sophisticated game and they have more than delivered.

The planes, jet-packs, tanks and customizable characters are being done to death by gta wannabes (sr) and I'm glad gta iv went down a different path this time.

I <3 LC

I knew there was intelligent life on these forums. Most people on here don't appreciate this game for what it is. The detail is incredible and the fun is still there. I think R* owed us a more detailed and sophisticated game and they have more than delivered.

The planes, jet-packs, tanks and customizable characters are being done to death by gta wannabes (sr) and I'm glad gta iv went down a different path this time.

I <3 LC

I agree with you 100%, I've said all this before.

I like the way they've moved away from the cartoony-ness of the previous games. Made it more grittier, more about the story, better gameplay elements.

As fun as the previous games were, who wants a jetpack and pink hair. I'd much rather have an epic storyline like GTA IV's.

Yet despite moving away from all of those trademark GTA IV qualities it still feels completely like a GTA, it's an "X" factor that no other game can achieve no matter how hard they try, such as Saints Row which just felt laboured and was a bore to play.

gta4 is da sh*t boiiiiiii

99.98% of teenagers surround their minds with cod4, if your a part of the 00.02% that doesn't own the game, put this in your sig.

this thread sums up my views in their entirety. however my ONLY complaint with this game that i actually feel would have made the game better rather than being some gay little complaint (like "OMFGZZ T3HR3ZZ N00 PLAN3ZZ WTF !!!1112!!one!!") is the lack of weapons, which i know people have said keeps things realistic, BUT take for example the builders with the sledgehammers, i would have liked to be able to use the sledgehammers as weapons. but still theres no such thing as a perfect game, though this comes bloody close.

/rant off

EDIT: oh and the vehicle choice is pretty slim aswell, but as i said no game is perfect.

freshlaundryX

its a f*cking work of art. the way the politics ties to the radio and the radio ties to the tv and it all ties to the internet and your phone... everything is connected. they have created a world. just like frank herbert or j.r.r tolkien. the captured facial animations and mature dialog. its all fantastic. it all tells a story. it all masterfully pokes fun at the world we have created as Americans.

ignore the kids. they just want arcade destruction.

this game is not for them.

i'm 34. i grew up with GTA since the top down, but in a different way than they did.

This GTA was made for me.

And I appreciate it.

its a f*cking work of art. the way the politics ties to the radio and the radio ties to the tv and it all ties to the internet and your phone... everything is connected. they have created a world. just like frank herbert or j.r.r tolkien. the captured facial animations and mature dialog. its all fantastic. it all tells a story. it all masterfully pokes fun at the world we have created as Americans.

ignore the kids. they just want arcade destruction.

this game is not for them.

i'm 34. i grew up with GTA since the top down, but in a different way than they did.

This GTA was made for me.

And I appreciate it.

Amen to that. Couldn't of put it better myself. Chances are the kids wanted San Andreas in 'next gen'. What rockstar have done, is created something significantly better, and I hope the series continues in this method, gritty, detailed, and somewhat 'realistic' world. Most games can't capture the atmosphere of the environment, Rockstar have done this through the geomtry, textures, lighting, sound, the only thing left is smell and touch!

RATEDR307

It is a great game and I'm not complaining about no airplanes or tanks. But come on, only 2 weapons in each class? Even San Andreas had more weapons: 3 shotguns, 3 smgs, 3 pistols, 3 heavies, tons of melees; IV: 2 shotguns, 2 smgs, 2 pistols, 1 heavy, 2 melees.

InFaDeLiTy
I love this game. The thing that impresses me the most is the amount of detail. E.g. People going through trunks of their cars, construction workers doing maintenance work on the road, people talking on their cellphones in the street, toll booths etc. And that's just a few.

I also adore Euphoria.

Although I there are a few minor things in this game I feel could've been done better, I am completely satisfied with it. After all, no game is perfect. Yes, that means even Vice City and San Andreas weren't perfect.

Thats how I feel.

So many of the little things make the game complete.

And I felt VC and SA were garbage I beat VC but didnt enjoy it. And SA I couldnt stand I played for 2days after 1stday release I got it and was just bored and irritated as sh*t.

I love 3 and 4 the most.

MOGGYASAURUS

Yeah I've been in a constant wow state with the game since I got it, it's already my favourite game and I'm a 32 year old gamer who started with the NES. I completed it the other night and am now going back through it again to make all different choices and take things much slower, really immerse myself in the world and sorta living in it in IT'S real time.

Last night and tonight I've been enjoying the game in a new way that I just love, and that's only really been possible with the amount of detail they've put into this world. I walk around the city with all the HUD and radar icons turned off and the phone in sleep mode and the camera zoomed in right close to Niko and it's like being in a different world. And I just walk around and enjoy the little details and incidents and scenes and listen in on pedestrians and just survey everything. With all the changing light and shadows that dynamically change depending on where you are and what direction you're looking in and other elements in the city, just the simple act of walking at a normal pace and admiring everything and not doing anything else is fascinating.

lazypotsmoker

this game is the greatest even if niko doesn't have gloves

RICHARDope

This GTA pwns SA in every way. I played SA for a week before going back to Vice City, I just couldn't get into the story. (Plus CJ, suicidal.gif I just couldn't get over his bitching.)

Eventually I managed to beat the game, then I started making random chases in SF and the desert, then went to playing other things.

GTAIV is leaps and bounds better storyline and protaginst-wise, I actually like Niko and is personality, one of the better characters I've seen in a videogame.

The story is well-written and believeable in a Hollywood sense and realistic sense, and it feels right to see what happens to the characters afterwards.

I really like this game, easily the best GTA yet.

freshlaundryX

movie studios keep giving us these bullsh*t CGI-laden action-fests that have absolutely no plot, a terrible script, and no HEART. they think the action is enough to keep us coming back for more and - to me - that is NOT enough. I do expect more than just that.

well i feel like the video game industry has been doing the same thing. and GTA IV didn't do that. they went out of their way to give us more. they even took some of people's concerns about promoting violence and gave niko a type of 'i must commit violence because my environment demands it of me, but i wouldnt if i didnt have to' approach to violence. that is huge! the characters are all moral lessons as well as great and deep characters with wildly original backgrounds and situations. the irish family that is barely irish anymore - they've been subsumed by american culture and all they have left is the fight and the substance abuse. the old skool versus the new skool. so many themes.

the shadows and the lighting does make a difference to how we perceive the world. so many of these things are finer details that the adrenaline junkies just aren't going to perceive consciously. it doesn't mean the game is bad - it means their palate isn't refined enough to appreciate it yet. So be it.

just like with GTA 3 -- once they developed the technology and it worked, then they pushed the limits to see what they could do with it. this is just a template my brothers. a canvas. much more is coming.

I love this game. Definetly my favorite GTA games which technically makes it one of my favorite games ever wow.gif

Loving it so far, can wait to complete the game and get everything then all the fun will start, will killl the police and cause mayhem, the explosions are almost movie like and the particle effects...great! A truly great living world!

I won the race for Brucie in the second attempt the other day and it seemed near impossible the first time... getting spun out so much! It's rather hard to adapt, especially in heated gun battles.. The mechanics are much different to me, so I welcomed the classic controls to play the game PS style

what a n0000000b

Me too, just noticed that! I LOL.

I'll delete this double post later, I just hope ppl catch that bit. I thought Roman was going to be laid up for some time, so the realism factor slipped a bit there.