Name of a song...

anus

Hey.

I really want to get a song I saw quite some time ago on TV. It's electronic (maybe house or trance, not sure, but I'm pretty sure it's under electronic). The video shows this pale chick dressed in black in a club and shows people kissing underwater, also shows people surfing, and also people dancing.

The chorus is something like 'Tell my why', I'm damn sure those are not the correct words, but they sounded like that.

----------

Also, can someone recommend some music for me which is like Blink-182's 'I Miss You' and Incubus' 'Here In My Room', etc?

Basically, I seem to LOVE haunting mellow songs like that, so anything like the song's mentioned I'd love.

Thanks in advance, any help is REALLY appreciated smile.gif.

FIOszpJ.gif

-beeblebrox-

That would be Castles in the Sky, by Ian Van Dahl, cheesy dance classic.

One thing I can think of that gives me a kind of depressed haunting feeling in the chorus (although maybe that's just me) that you probably won't already know already is F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by The Fall of Troy. You might be like 'huh' at the start, but the chorus, at about 45 seconds in, will hopefully make you see what I mean.

Then, if you wanna go more diverse while sticking around the theme of a mellow sound (I'm now just scrolling through my Winamp library for anything vaguely mellow in an attempt to 'broaden your horizons'...), maybe Time Won't Let Me Go by The Bravery, Fields of Athenry or Fairmount Hill by Dropkick Murphys, anything by Interpol, State of Mind by Mad Caddies, I Want You to Stay or Books From Boxes (big favourite of mine) by Maximo Park, Extreme Ways by Moby, Run by Snow Patrol, All That's Left by Thrice, and Johnny Cash's version of Hurt.

It's now your duty as a music fan to go out and listen to all of them tounge.gif Of course, music being a very subjective thing, you'll probably hate them all. That, or you'll be a music buff, know every single one already, and rarr at me for giving a rubbish answer.

Good luck on your quest.

Well, it isn't Castles In The Sky, I've had that song for a long time, and it's definitely not it.

But, thanks a lot for the recommendations. I've never heard of those songs or bands before tounge.gif. I will definitely check them out.

Do all those bands you mentioned always play the kind of music I asked for? Or do they have a few tracks of that sort? Any bands that purely play that kind of music?

Thanks again man, I really do appreciate it smile.gif!

So, does anyone else know the name of the song mentioned in the first post sad.gif?

FIOszpJ.gif

-beeblebrox-

Well I do like I Miss You, but trying to think of songs that were really similar to it wasn't easy, the most similar I can think of is probably Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day, the other ones I said were really just generally sad or downbeat, so I've no idea what you'll think of them, they span quite a few differenty genres from Indie to Punk to almost Country in Johnny Cash's case.

Interpol are generally downbeat, but they're also quite odd, hard to like and often a love them or hate them kinda thing.

Thanks man.

I checked out that Fall of Troy track and I didn't really like it, but Time Won't Let Me Go and Books From Boxes are really good, haven't checked out the others yet, I already have Extreme Ways and I really like it.

And yeah, I really like Wake Me Up When September Ends and Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Will check out Interpol.

FIOszpJ.gif

Vanilla Shake

Well, since you said you like haunting, mellow tracks, I figured I'd post a few Modest Mouse songs. They've got some great songs that fit into that category in my opinion. Maybe you'll like them or maybe you won't, but it shouldn't hurt to post them.

The World at Large

Dramamine

Ocean Breathes Salty

I'd post more if I were able to find good YouTube versions of them.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

-beeblebrox-

Hmm, hadn't heard any Modest Mouse other than 'We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank', cheers for them.

just another thug
Hmm, hadn't heard any Modest Mouse other than 'We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank', cheers for them.

Please, for the love of God, listen to Modest Mouse's older stuff (The Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon And Antarctica, Everywhere & His Nasty Parlour Tricks, This Is A Long Dive, ect).

user posted image

Vanilla Shake

Please, for the love of God, listen to Modest Mouse's older stuff (The Lonesome Crowded West, The Moon And Antarctica, Everywhere & His Nasty Parlour Tricks, This Is A Long Dive, ect).

^^^

What he said. Those were arguably their best albums/EPs, before they signed to a major label.

Doin' the Cockroach

Sleepwalkin'

Polar Opposites

3rd Planet

Karma's Payment

These songs are from their older albums.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

• 1 month later...

Wow, sorry for the delay guys, I totally forgot about this topic.

Anyway, I checked out some of those tracks and I love them (like Modest Mouse <3), am in the process of checking out all of 'em.

Thanks a lot guys!

EDIT: One more thing guys, can someone also please give me some tracks like STP's 'Plush' and 'Creep' please? Really appreciated.

Thanks in advance smile.gif!

Edited by Warlord.
FIOszpJ.gif

• 1 month later...

Bumpage.

I've just burned a cd for my ex which are pretty much all mellow songs like the ones your looking for. Elliott Smith's "Say Yes" and "Needle in the Hay" are very good, but they're really the only songs I've heard by him so there are probably more. Radiohead's "Creep" is great, the only song I really like by them because you can really feel the emotion in his voice. Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, and a few songs from The Beatles are worth hearing too.

Vanilla Shake

Bumpage.

I've just burned a cd for my ex which are pretty much all mellow songs like the ones your looking for. Elliott Smith's "Say Yes" and "Needle in the Hay" are very good, but they're really the only songs I've heard by him so there are probably more. Radiohead's "Creep" is great, the only song I really like by them because you can really feel the emotion in his voice. Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, and a few songs from The Beatles are worth hearing too.

I've got some tracks to remedy this.

Elliott Smith:

-Son of Sam

-Rose Parade

-Miss Misery

Heatmiser (indie band that Elliott Smith was a member of):

-Get Lucky

-Cruel Reminder (my personal favorite by them)

-Plainclothes Man

-See You Later

-Idler

-Half Right

Radiohead:

-Karma Police

-Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Maybe these are some you can get started with. colgate.gif

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Vanilla Shake
Can I get some suggestions for songs/artists who sound similar to...

I've only got one other song by The Bravery, and it's Time Won't Let Me Go, although you've more than likely heard it already.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png