Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,921 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

XxcyclonxX

PEOPLE STILL PLAY?

GTAKid667
I haven't played San Andreas since I got GTA IV but I expect to again.

Same here, well I have only played SA once or twice but nothing like before

Chase177

I still play SA every now and then. It's actually been one of my most played games of all time. I've easily played it more than 2000 hours.

Racecarlock
GTA IV gets more credit in more ways than one than poor poor old san andreas and it is good to see more players on here saying san andreas is becoming a boring game.

Miamivicecity

San andreas Now it's just "dull". you are 110% right

Look dude, Miamivice is allowed to post stuff like that because I know he's mature and just joking around.

If you like IV, fine, go there and post about how great it is. But don't come in here and assume that because you say it's dull and boring that everyone will suddenly find it dull and boring. Ok?

assmillk

i never owned a copy of san andreas until like 2 months after buying IV. I bought it on the xbox marketplace for 20 bucks. i still play it once in a while.

SuperMKarppinen

Just started yesterday and i currently have get OG Log missions open :3

fnxrak

I must say I love classic games, hell I've reinstalled my very old PC with windows 98 just to play some "old" games that would crash on windows XP. But San Andreas is for me the game that I think I will always come back sooner or later and just fool around with it for a couple of hours or even days.

It's normal that most gamers won't like it because of the "crappy graphics" and unrealistic features of the game, but what the hell I'm old school. I rather spent hours and hours playing "stupid" games that you have to "swing from green dot to green dot with your red square" than games that have mind blowing graphics but lack that special feeling that you are playing a video game.

Algonquin Assassin
GTA IV gets more credit in more ways than one than poor poor old san andreas and it is good to see more players on here saying san andreas is becoming a boring game. 

Miamivicecity

San andreas  Now it's just "dull".  you are 110% right

Look dude, Miamivice is allowed to post stuff like that because I know he's mature and just joking around.

If you like IV, fine, go there and post about how great it is. But don't come in here and assume that because you say it's dull and boring that everyone will suddenly find it dull and boring. Ok?

lol I remember that post from a few months ago. lol.gif

Recently I started a save of SA and whilst I enjoyed it for a while I stopped playing it. I'm not sure what it is. It's not because I've played it to death. Technically I've never finished SA. The furthest I've been is just before End Of The Line.

I enjoy it in parts before I get bored. Though to be fair to SA all GTAs do that to me at times even GTA IV. I'm not really one to play through a game over and over again. Once or twice usually does it for me. I tend to start more saves than I finish, but it's not often I stick to a save I've started.

Maybe I'm slowly growing out of video games in general.

Jericho176

I became a mojor fan in 2008... and haven't stopped playing ever since. I'm talking about GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas (plus death matches in SAMP on occasion). Even now I play through GTA III again ph34r.gif About III and Vice City, I started for the first time in about 2002-2003, but I really sucked back then. After completing San Andreas for the first time in 2008, I was hooked. Even after finishing the storylines of each game 10+ times, I've never really completed any of them 100% confused.gifI once reached 90% on Vice City, but I gave up

fnxrak

Want to really be hooked up on it, try to get all the unique vehicles in the GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, it's an effort that goes much beyond the challenge of getting 100% colgate.gif

I must say I love classic games, hell I've reinstalled my very old PC with windows 98 just to play some "old" games that would crash on windows XP. But San Andreas is for me the game that I think I will always come back sooner or later and just fool around with it for a couple of hours or even days.

It's normal that most gamers won't like it because of the "crappy graphics" and unrealistic features of the game, but what the hell I'm old school. I rather spent hours and hours playing "stupid" games that you have to "swing from green dot to green dot with your red square" than games that have mind blowing graphics but lack that special feeling that you are playing a video game.

Agreed. San Andreas has become classic game, it's one of those game that I'll never stop playing. No matter how beautiful new games are, I'd always take SA over any new game. colgate.gif

Prayag 97

GTA San Andreas 4 life !!!

King Andreas

Considering the San Andreas sections are the most active of the GTA sections (followed by the GTA IV & GTA V sections, of course) suggests many still play it. I thoroughly resent the era of graphics & multi-player.

Edited by King Andreas

Andreas

Considering the San Andreas sections are the most active of the GTA sections (followed by the GTA IV & GTA V sections, of course) suggests many still play it.

You mean GTAV section being the most active GTA sub-forum, followed by San Andreas forum and then GTAIV forum, but whatever. tounge.gif

Anyway, I barely play San Andreas anymore. To be honest, I don't play videogames in general that much. Definitely nowhere as much as I used to, and I don't know why. The last time I completed a mission in SA was probably more than half a year ago, and that was just for the Chain Game. The last time I have played through the story-line was in early to mid 2012. The older I get the more I realize that the game isn't as good as I used to think; it's somehow overrated, even if it's still good and very enjoyable.

huevos_benedicto_180

Yeah I played it from August to May (playing about once a week and with a 3 month break). It completely holds up.

AnDReJ98

I played it before like crazy. San Andreas is very awesome game, and IV too. I enjoed playing both games. Doing alot free roam in SA and going through fantastic storyline in IV. And i really don't understand some people that are in war which one is better. The point is to enjoy in game, not to say, 'This is bullsh*t, the second one is better!' Anyway, after longer time i stoped playing SA & IV. And not only those, i don't play anything this time. I used to play games, design missions in San Andreas, but it's like i'm bored of all it. Of games. I don't know. But my favorite is VC, well i'm not playing it but, great memories...No disrespect to SA fans, but i felt something special while playing VC back in 2003. VC, SA, IV were one of best games i've ever played. There are many more, but those have a place in my memories and heart.

It's part of the life. icon14.gif

clockworkmechanicalman

I don't have an Xbox 360 confused.gif so no I haven't played 4, or EFLC. That being said my old original Xbox sees alot of San Andreas, Vice City, and 3 rampage_ani.gif plus alot of Max Payne 1&2, and the Warriors, since I'm listing Rockstar games. colgate.gif

Racecarlock

Miamivicecity

San andreas  Now it's just "dull".  you are 110% right

lol I remember that post from a few months ago. lol.gif

Recently I started a save of SA and whilst I enjoyed it for a while I stopped playing it. I'm not sure what it is. It's not because I've played it to death. Technically I've never finished SA. The furthest I've been is just before End Of The Line.

I enjoy it in parts before I get bored. Though to be fair to SA all GTAs do that to me at times even GTA IV. I'm not really one to play through a game over and over again. Once or twice usually does it for me. I tend to start more saves than I finish, but it's not often I stick to a save I've started.

Maybe I'm slowly growing out of video games in general.

That's all fine. You're openly and honestly stating your opinions of the game and justifying them with good reasoning. Subjective reasoning, but good reasoning.

Hall90 over there is just spitting crap about how awesome it is that people are calling the game boring. As if GTA IV is the one true religion and everyone who says they still like this game is obviously lying to themselves and I just can't stand that kind of bullsh*t condescension.

GTA_Playa21

Just completed the storyline yesterday. Working through 100%.

Fedor

I play more San Andreas than any other GTA right now while I'm awaiting V.

I actually just re-installed EFLC for the first time in several months, and I'm really not having the same fun with it that I have with San Andreas.

GoldenBlade

I, too, have been playing SA a lot recently. Really gets you in the mood for GTA V. icon14.gif

NotSmash

I had so much fun with this game when I was little. I would still be playing it today but the Xbox disc does not work anymore sad.gif

~ NotSmash

twistedweather

my first playthru after starting back in 2004 but now want to complete before GTAV

currently just met the Truth

KingJames37
Im just suprised because theres somany people that are still on the sa forums! Do u guys have gtaIV?

I still regard SA as the best GTA to date. I love all the GTAs but SA had everything. I put in IV when I want good graphics.... A taste of the future... But that is all it is. A taste. They just wanted to keep the franchise going, and they did a good job. They could have done better but I think they knew if they wanted to keep the interest they needed to just put out something as beautiful as they could but it was rushed to a deadline and filled with things the thought all fans would go crazy over. After all the rave reviews IV got they knew their name was in tact. (Gta not R*). After the dust settled they knew they were on a path of destruction. They pleased many with graphics but lacked in SA's strength. FREEDOM. Now they understand. They took their time. They know the consols. They know the mechanics. They tested it all out in different games. V will be SA +IV. Nearly perfect. The next GTA on next gen will be even better. That is almost unimagineable to us. GTA has concreted themselves as the best franchise before and after V. They are doing what nobody else could on current gen.

*somewhat talking in the future*

*Going back to playing SA*

AnDReJ98

You're right. Grand Theft Auto is open world-action game. So what makes open world game-action game? Freedom, features, good story, big map, realisam etc... But IV had sucked in that way. For me it felt smillar to games like assasin's creed. I enjoied the missions. But between missions and after the story, i couldn't find the fun. Only what left is to drive around and kill the cops. That's way San Andreas is more popular than IV and SA's multiplayer was better. IV was like 'Right man in a wrong place'. I don't dislike/hate IV, i'm just sayn' the truth. Some time after IV's release, SA's fanboys started overratting SA. What i didin't like. I can agree saying that IV has no features and smaller map, but saying it's 'sh*t', 'we expected better' and claming SA as the best was really annoying, unfair and not true. Thought, it would be hard comparating every detail from IV to SA, to say who's the best GTA, so it's left to populaty to decite. But i was thinking about how would be it amazing game with mixing SA & IV. And this is the evidence that R* listents to their fans and they know what they have to improve. Because the V is IV & SA + some improvements in one game.

PerceptortheShootist

Of course I still play it! The game never gets old.

battleroy

I´ve played both, but I like San Andreas much more than IV. Less realistic and much more funny.

nightwalker83
I'm slowly completing SA for the first time. i like to take my time, y'know. what's the fun completing a GTA game in two days?

Same here!

GeorgeGTA

I play GTA SA since 2005 and I play today too and I want to play GTA SA forever! biggrin.gif

Doug The Panda

Im about too play it now. Great memories for me and with V out soon its the start of a whole new adventure. I cant wait!

Mr Vice City

I played it upto 2 weeks ago from Launch back in 2004. Sadly my venerable PS2 bit the dust. I played GTA every week.