Taxi rides, don't pay.

TheSharkIsALie

TheSharkIsALie

I don't know if this has been posted before, but if you are are in a taxi pull a "drive-by" randomly before the cab comes to a complete stop; When you do this, the cab driver will get out and start running off. You can even kill him from the "drive-by" perspective to profit(pick up his droppings) from taking a taxi ride. Free cab ride, and maybe a little bit of dough never hurt. =]

Edited by TheSharkIsALie

But the poor cabbie! He deserves to be paid and stuff, because it's important to support the economy. If you don't support the economy, then you are a terrorist!

Insta-5-Star

novasknight2k6

or u can use roman's service if you don't mind waiting 5 seconds

TheSharkIsALie

There are several points in the story when the cab service is not available.

secksyjames

Or you could just drive there yourself.

TheSharkIsALie

There are several reasons for using a cab, including getting there faster(using the skip button) and avoiding a wanted level from stealing cars. Driving two islands away is not always the best/funnest route.

You can even kill him from the "drive-by" perspective to profit(pick up his droppings) from taking a taxi ride. Free cab ride, and maybe a little bit of dough never hurt.

lol @ pick up his droppings lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You can pick up his droppings, I'll be picking up his money tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

Great tip mo chara.

1shot1kill

How many of you actually sit out the cap ride? That kind of beats the purpose of it, skip the trip!

TheSharkIsALie
How many of you actually sit out the cap ride? That kind of beats the purpose of it, skip the trip!

What are you talking about? You don't need to sit out the entire ride for this to work. When you skip the ride, you are still in the car for a few seconds before you get out; this is when i generally do my drive by to get him out.

EAZZY DUZ IT187

+1

1shot1kill

What are you talking about? You don't need to sit out the entire ride for this to work. When you skip the ride, you are still in the car for a few seconds before you get out; this is when i generally do my drive by to get him out.

This has been posted before nad I tried it a bit then, it only works when the cab hits something when stopping (like the cars parked at your Algonquin savehouse) since it takes a few more seconds before it lets you out, but in open spaces it will let you out before the gun starts firing.

SimpsonFly

There are several reasons for using a cab, including getting there faster(using the skip button) and avoiding a wanted level from stealing cars. Driving two islands away is not always the best/funnest route.

And you won't get a star from killing a Cabbie?

TheSharkIsALie

And you won't get a star from killing a Cabbie?

It depends on if any cops are around, and even if they are; escaping a (1) star isn't hard at all in this game. I usually don't get caught when i kill him, anyways. However, if you do get caught, i could see how it could defeat the purpose of doing this. It's just a tip, anyways.

Agent Ianppines

thanks for the great tip. i pretty much use cab services all the time. i never drive too lazy

most of the time roman's service is not available, he always says there are no cabs available or it's the answer phone so i don't bother.

Magic_Pancake

most of the time roman's service is not available

:S He seems to be available to me most of the time, perhaps it depends on how much time you spend with him.

Kinda off topic but i'm pretty sure I hopped in a cab when the cops were looking for me and was able to get away that way.

most of the time roman's service is not available, he always says there are no cabs available or it's the answer phone so i don't bother.

He probably doesnt like you. Seriously. I think if his like stat drops too low, he wont let you take a cab.

You can even kill him from the "drive-by" perspective to profit(pick up his droppings) from taking a taxi ride. Free cab ride, and maybe a little bit of dough never hurt.

lol @ pick up his droppings lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You can pick up his droppings, I'll be picking up his money tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

Great tip mo chara.

lol.gif i lol'd too lol.gif

OriginalGangster

You guys know that if you sit out a ride from one island to another you get an achievement right? tounge.gif