3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA IV Secrets and Easter Eggs

GentlemanSquid

I'm not sure if anyone else has found this easter egg yet but in Steinway on the road going down to the Steinway Beer Garden there is a place called "8 Ball's Cafe & Bar".

Edited by AlexGTAGamer
  • 2 weeks later...
THIS!There is a group of illegal gamblers who hang out in an "Old Hardware Store" in Schottler who are playing a card game of some sort.

I found this one after doing a running street sweep of every building in the neighborhood because I was interested in knowing if there were any buildings that have not been discovered yet. Looks like I found one. =)

in whitch gta 4 version you got in there? i herd it is open online (havend checked out yet) and in singleplayer i got in with a glitch.

Vanilla. You can find them online too if you have pedestrians set to on.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a Half Life reference in GTA IV. Basically it's the crowbar (just like the one you can find in GTA SA in Area 69) in the apartment of that guy you had to shoot for Francis in the mission "Lure".

You can find it by either standing on the fire escape in-front of the window of the apartment and use the sniper rifle to look at the very back of the apartment and in the corner you should see a crowbar that looks like the one used in the game "Half Life", or you can glitch in to the apartment using a bike glitch. Look on YouTube for the bike glitch.

I found a picture of it on Google.

http://new.taringa.net/posts/juegos/297298...-de-GTA-IV.html

--EDIT--

Found a YouTube video on it:

Edited by AlexGTAGamer

In the mission "Final Interview" when you kill Goldberg don't jump out of the window for a quick escape, instead fight the security guards and when you see one at the top of the stairs that lead to street level if you shoot him he will fall down the stairs and perform the "Wilhelm Scream".

Video of the Wilhelm scream in GTA IV:

Still don't believe me?

http://gta.wikia.com/Final_Interview

Edited by AlexGTAGamer
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the "Rykers Ave" (Like the fictional Rykers Island) is a reference to the real life "Rikers Island Correctional Facility" in the borough of Bronx, New York City.

In the working garage door you found this sounds like Mr Pegerino's house in Alderny up in the NorthEast Corner and you do later do missions for him.

san andreas state

Dont know if anybody has found these yet, but in luis's apartment builing in TBOGT, not the entrance to his place but on the other sides there are entrances to other apartments, there is writing that say RIP CLAUDE and what not at the very top of the stairs, you can also access it by the roof which requires a helicopter, heres the pics (there pretty sh*tty seeing how all i did was use my regular camera but there still something):

user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image Roof entrance.user posted imageSky View.user posted image The bottom entrance.user posted image

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!! I just discovered a beating heart INSIDE the statue of happiness!!!! OMG I cant believe i was the first one to discover this!!! I am aweso...huh? Oh, you mean people already knew about it? damn it biggrin.gif

PacketOverload_x64bit

Hey anybody notice Mallory Bardas names rearranged spells Lola Merris Brada (Jamaican for Brothers?) or Mallory spells Merri Lola

Kinda weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone found this but at the Lucky Winkles if you go to the counter and zoom in you can see a picture that looks kinda like Claude Speed looking at a building. This should also be in Steinway because they have the same interiors.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody, I think I found a movie reference in TLaD. In one misson johnny visits Stubbs in the sauna, that scene reminds me of the scene in the Blues Brothers Film where Jake and Elwood

visit that manager guy Maury Sline in the sauna.

Tell me if you agree.

• 1 month later...

This is a bump, i know..

Section: Sex References

Easter Egg Name: Hot Coffee Cup

Notes: As you see on all GTA's, Rockstar Games had a thing, called. "Hot Coffee", if you look closely at the Statue of Happiness, you shall see that there is a Hot Coffee Cup, you can see it is a reference to Hot Coffee, as at night, smoke comes from the top of it.

• 1 month later...
I think the "Rykers Ave" (Like the fictional Rykers Island) is a reference to the real life "Rikers Island Correctional Facility" in the borough of Bronx, New York City.

many streets in one borough are called after prisons, like Rykers, alcatraz and etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Grand Theft Auto fan

Content removed.

- Does this look like a topic to advertise for your gang?

Edited by Seddo

I think these are really interseting stuff to explore,but we didn't answer to an answer:WHY?

WHY R* put all these stuff in a game?

• 3 weeks later...

*bump*

Well guess what, the "Skull Box" thing isn't really an easter egg, its really the texture for his balalcava in the bank robbery mission, look on GTA Wikia if you don't believe me.

Edited by ClaudeSpeedIV
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's one i think, ive looked through the comments and didnt see anything but the ship on the west side of acter industrial park the largest ship that is over there could be reference to gta sa and for the movie thats based on a ghost ship movie idk if thats the name of it or not. the ship is in san andreas but you have to find it using a map editor it was a wrecked ship that looked like it was setting under water for years, it looks close to the one in gta iv but it has more levels that you could walk on if it was solid i'll try to find it and put a pic up for it. it would be nice to have found one that know one else has discovered already thanks if you thank it's a good find

In Beechwood City, Broker. There's a small concrete garage with a sign on top. The name is 'Electric Pump Motor Co.' On the side, there is an advertisement for some kind of lawyer's office. But the red text has been worn away till the only legible piece is 'UR ASS'.

• 3 weeks later...
na89340qv0n34b09q340

I posted a topic about this a long time ago, but Elizabeta Torres, and Mallorie Bardas are close friends, and Armando Torres, and Henrique Bardas are close friends. I figure Mallorie's cousin's apartment that Niko got used to belong to Henrique.

Here's one i think, ive looked through the comments and didnt see anything but the ship on the west side of acter industrial park the largest ship that is over there could be reference to gta sa and for the movie thats based on a ghost ship movie idk if thats the name of it or not. the ship is in san andreas but you have to find it using a map editor it was a wrecked ship that looked like it was setting under water for years, it looks close to the one in gta iv but it has more levels that you could walk on if it was solid i'll try to find it and put a pic up for it. it would be nice to have found one that know one else has discovered already thanks if you thank it's a good find

Its actually a refrence to the ship from Bomb Da Base from GTA III biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this is old new, but I like it:

Is this Pac-man?!

user posted image

Sorry... I don't know how make the screenshot smaller. confused.gif

Here the video:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am investigating the statue of a man climbing a ladder near the intersection of Columbus Ave and Uranium street. You can read DR JEREMIAH JAMES on the base of it. Somehow its fascinates me...

user posted image

I am convinced the name means something and is some sort of secrets, but I don't know how.

I'm not sure why I only decided to investigate this nearly four years after the game was released but here you are:

Jeremiah James is a musician/actor from NY & member of a band called 'Teatro', who are/were signed with Sony BMG. Dan& Sam Houser used to work for Sony BMG, I'm guessing that's the common link. They are probably friends with this 'Jeremiah James' fella & added a little Easter egg for him. The statue of the man on top of the ladder must be in reference to the stage musical 'Carousel', in which this Jeremiah James played the role of Billy Bigelow. I've never seen the musical but a famous quote from it is, "Put Him up on a ladder, for all I care, only get Him out of that parlor!".

• 1 month later...

The front page has been updated. I have given it a table of contents, so you can get to each section with a click, and then back up again with the back to top link.

If you have any more eggs please PM them to me.

I saw a post saying you could use the in-game GPS (including the spoken instructions) by shutting off the radio and setting a waypoint. I tried it with no luck. I've seen it in videos though... how do you do it?

I saw a post saying you could use the in-game GPS (including the spoken instructions) by shutting off the radio and setting a waypoint. I tried it with no luck. I've seen it in videos though... how do you do it?

I'm sorry I think you have the wrong topic. Please try here http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showforum=234