Did The New GTA IV Patch Work?

Streetkilln

VladimirGlebov

Didn't do sh*t for me.

Still disconnecting. Still getting empty rooms.

Streetkilln
Didn't do sh*t for me.

Still disconnecting. Still getting empty rooms.

guess not the. i wonder what rockstar is going to do about this..

user posted image

user posted image

Harry Balls
i wonder what rockstar is going to do about this..

Seriously. They're scrambling right now for a quick solution praying that they won't have to do a recall. The 12 step solution was just clutching at straws hoping something worked. What's even more puzzling is how the glitches don't affect every system ... then again there are ... what ... like five different PS3s. Some have an emulator, some have a chip, cooling units, etc. so pinning down what it is is a bi$#%.

Dorelliun

Nope, patch 1.01 did nothing to address the critical stop issues.

Allow me to refresh your memory, Mr. Houser. I remember just a few months ago when that piece of monkey crap named Bully: Scholarship Edition came out, here was your official statement:

“We have just become aware of the issues people are having with Bully: Scholarship Edition on Xbox 360. It appears that some older 360s are experiencing framerate issues, freezes and other problems. You have our word that we never experienced any of this in QA - in any of our offices or at Microsoft. I am horrified, and we are now working around the clock to rectify this situation. Thanks to Neo-Gaf for bringing this matter to our attention. We love our games and put a huge amount of energy and care into making them all that they can be. We would never shove anything out the door - we never have and never will. We apologize to everyone affected for the inconvenience. - Respectfully, Sam Houser”

We can see that you've learned nothing evidenced by the botched release of possibly the most advertised and uber-hyped game in history. You might have been sorry then, Mr. Houser, but at this stage, we don't root with the "sorry." We'd rather hear how it's your fault and all your fault and beg us to allow you and your team to kiss our collective asses if we ever spend another dime on your sh*tty products again. Your lack of an official response to date speaks volumes about what your true motivations are: cash up front, and who gives a sh*t if product X works or not. You've made $500 million in a week, so who cares, right? (Funny, it sounds almost like dialogue from Robocop...)

But you have yet to address thousands of loyal, legitimately insanely pissed off gamers who are left to combat the armies of ignoramuses you have thrown up as a shield; a method of damage control. Well, I speak for the majority when I say: Go f*ck yourself. We folks know what bullsh*t sounds like, and your previous public statement about Bully: Scholarship Edition tends to support the notion that yep, this could very well be bullsh*t part deux.

Don't think for an instant that any one of us would trust your company again with our hard earned cash should this insanely unacceptable issue NOT be rectified in due haste. I have entertained imaginary (but nonetheless hysterical) GTA-esh images of storing cleverly crafted (virtual) explosive devices in this ohsocool brand new (and ironically functional) safe deposit box that came with your f*cking game and returning it to you as a token of our true appreciation. If only the game worked, I could act out such a demented (if entirely self-satisfying) fantasy, goddamnit.

But i digress; it is after all, just another game when you whittle away the smartly packaged shell. You sacrifice us to the gods of profit and we'll pick up our Six-Axis(es), plasma screens, Alienware, sports shakes, Subway sandwiches, Barbies, jacks, dildos and diet drugs and play somewhere else. We've f*cking had it.

Edited by Dorelliun

Streetkilln

Ok So Are They Going To Fix This Problem Or We Did Pay 60 Buck For A Game That Freezes. If They Dont Fix This... Well Ha Mad GTA FANS Are Going To Court With Rockstar Then..

user posted image

user posted image

Harry Balls
Ok So Are They Going To Fix This Problem Or We Did Pay 60 Buck For A Game That Freezes. If They Dont Fix This... Well Ha Mad GTA FANS Are Going To Court With Rockstar Then..

They're sure going to try and fix the issue and if nothing happens I bet they'll be taken to court but that's a ways off. EA must be doing back flips.

Streetkilln

They're sure going to try and fix the issue and if nothing happens I bet they'll be taken to court but that's a ways off. EA must be doing back flips.

lol yea i kno. but idk why rockstar is haven problems..\

mybe its just ar ps3 systems that sony made idk..

user posted image

user posted image

I have a launch 60GB, and I had no problems playing online after installing the patch.

Streetkilln
I have a launch 60GB, and I had no problems playing online after installing the patch.

wow.gif well idk some pplz still have online problems and freezeing i have a 20GB and i installed the update but never got to play so idk..

user posted image

user posted image

patch didn't help me at all, still freezes at opening intro, This is garbage

how can they even allow this to happen is pathetic. i mean the game

was delayed by six months and no1 at rockstar stumble on this ??? angry.gifangry.gif

Patch fixes the freezes of the "when hooked up to psn" bug, these freezes were found in the newer models like the 40 gig eu version. And believe me....it works like a charm, so dont badmouth a good thing...they are just fixing things one at a time. It seems that versions of the ps3 wich have the emotion-chip are having different problems, the game somehow activates this chip on startup, and then it freezes up (this is a rumour in the hallways of rockstar) Sony is working on a firmware patch for these models, and is trying to fix this as soon as possible. Just be happy that sony is adressing this problem, I dont see microsoft sticking out its neck for the hardwareproblems the xbox is having.

It addresses the problem for both single and multiplayer (current patch that is)

Now..can we please not create anymore useless topics about this patch, just read the other threads its been explained like a 1000 times

blackdisney

i found one on this shared files site but im debating if it'll work the same like PSN. i cant get my DSL to connect to PS3

Yeah, the patch fixes the freezes of the "when hooked up to psn" bug, as Molotiv rightly pointed out.

It seems there are 2 types of freezes. One is what I mentioed above, and the other is just a random freeze even when not signed in (I don't know how it's caused.) This problem hasn't been fixed in the update.

Yeah, the patch fixes the freezes of the "when hooked up to psn" bug, as Molotiv rightly pointed out.

It seems there are 2 types of freezes. One is what I mentioed above, and the other is just a random freeze even when not signed in (I don't know how it's caused.) This problem hasn't been fixed in the update.

pffff...man I don't know about you but i'm getting tired of explaining how this patch works. It seems people are way to lazy to check other threads...

ghostface_wu

I have 60gb launch model and patch worked fine. Going to play online now. see ya

Dorelliun
Patch fixes the freezes of the "when hooked up to psn" bug, these freezes were found in the newer models like the 40 gig eu version. And believe me....it works like a charm, so dont badmouth a good thing...they are just fixing things one at a time. It seems that versions of the ps3 wich have the emotion-chip are having different problems, the game somehow activates this chip on startup, and then it freezes up (this is a rumour in the hallways of rockstar) Sony is working on a firmware patch for these models, and is trying to fix this as soon as possible. Just be happy that sony is adressing this problem, I dont see microsoft sticking out its neck for the hardwareproblems the xbox is having.

It addresses the problem for both single and multiplayer (current patch that is)

Now..can we please not create anymore useless topics about this patch, just read the other threads its been explained like a 1000 times

It addresses the problem for both single and multiplayer (current patch that is) - No, you are mistaken. It doesn't do a f*cking thing for my freezing problem.

Now..can we please not create anymore useless topics about this patch, just read the other threads its been explained like a 1000 times - Then stop explaining, because you have nothing to explain. Do us all a favor and realize the problem is huge, and I'm rightly pissed the f*ck off, like many others, because the game came out over a week ago and we still haven't seen it run successfully without crashing. That's $100.00 I could have paid a random car thief to break into your house and steal the machine that this game WILL work on, so grow the f*ck up.

installed the patch, my game has only crashed once since, but it has done sod all for my graphics, still got the pixelly crap everywhere.

I have emailed Take Two and they say they will respond in 24 hours, that was 5 days ago and nadda. I want to know if it can be fixed or I take my game back and get it on the 360. My receipt will only be vaild for a short time surely...

stu.yates

ive got a 40gb uk pal model - bought dec last year and the patch does nothing. I manage to get into a lobby for online action - then a promt comes up saying cant connect to other user. Total nightmare. Come on rockstar

It addresses the problem for both single and multiplayer (current patch that is) - No, you are mistaken. It doesn't do a f*cking thing for my freezing problem.

Now..can we please not create anymore useless topics about this patch, just read the other threads its been explained like a 1000 times - Then stop explaining, because you have nothing to explain. Do us all a favor and realize the problem is huge, and I'm rightly pissed the f*ck off, like many others, because the game came out over a week ago and we still haven't seen it run successfully without crashing. That's $100.00 I could have paid a random car thief to break into your house and steal the machine that this game WILL work on, so grow the f*ck up.

No, no, no, no NOOOO!!! You're so wrong. There are two types of freeze. Type A is caused by being signed into the PSN. People had to sign out before they loaded up GTA. Otherwise, it would freeze on the loading screen. Type B is a random freeze, from within the game. No one knows as of yet what's causing this. The patch will only fix type A.

Surely everyone can understand that.

Yea, I haven't had any problems since the patch. In fact, I only ever had a problem once and I just reset my system and everything worked fine.

pAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gifpAafese.gif

No, no, no, no NOOOO!!! You're so wrong. There are two types of freeze. Type A is caused by being signed into the PSN. People had to sign out before they loaded up GTA. Otherwise, it would freeze on the loading screen. Type B is a random freeze, from within the game. No one knows as of yet what's causing this. The patch will only fix type A.

Surely everyone can understand that.

What a nice man... tounge.gif

But hell, its understandable. You just want it to work already, especially since yah paid top dollar. I don't blame him for this kind of reaction, just the fact that people open threads for no reason in a blind panic. Take it easy, sony is working on the firmware. And be happy, cous microsjit isnt doing anything about its crashing systems.

So far allot of people have been real happy with the patch, manly the 40gig eu version hasnt got any freezes anymore, in single and multiplayer.

Lets just hope sony gets this firmware out and fast!!

The patch worked for me. I have been able to re-enable my internet connection and play online for hours.

Original issue:

I had the game lock up during install then the missions were fine for 2 days. After that it locked up 5 min. into every mission after loading the save.

Streetkilln

ok so far i played gta iv with the new patch on single player and no freeze i been playing for 3 hours.

user posted image

user posted image

After patch have been able to play single and multiplayer at least for a couple of hours.

Used to have to disconnect from network to play single player. This is a 12/2006 console. However, I do not play any ps2 games - only have a few ps3 games.

TIA

blackdisney

user posted image

Im having this problem and its offline not online. the patch didnt work to fix it. keeps popping up when i play. Hopefully the next one will fix it cause i still got the reciept for the game..But i'll wait cause im hoping Rockstar wont let me down.