xbox 360 disc reading error

frankie123xyz

frankie123xyz

Of course the best game in the world that took delay after delay and I get a disc reading error after about 30 seconds of gameplay. Any body else get this? Is my game bunk? I was thinking of trading it in too gamestop but I can't stand them nerds so I rented one from blockbuster and returned my bunk game and kept their game. tounge.gif problum solved! There was no blockbuster sticker on the game so they will never know the diff! moto_whistle.gif

yep just happened to me today. my cod 4 works fine and im guessing my other games work also. I start up the game and i get to the copyright screen and my system goes down to a purr instead of a starting up noise you know lol. anyways yeah pisses me off.

mine started with that today did it @least 5 times n b4 it wud just freeze about once a day ima email rockstar or taketwo or sumthin tell em to make a update yall shud too so they dont just chalk it up 2 i hav an old system u know

mupet0000

Its probably your 360. They go bad often. Exchange your disc for a new one though to be sure.

my new disc hasnt done it once n their was a tiny scratch on the old one so thats prolly it

yeah i have a tiny scratch on mine but im not sure if that will work or not if i go exchange it.

frankie123xyz

well the blockbuster game I traded works fine now, and I havent seen the disc reading error. It must of been a bunk game that got messed up. Well if it happens 2 you go too blockbuster and give them your game and keep theirs. colgate.gif

or i could go to best buy where i got mine and exchange it. ill do that this weekend.

Just go and exchange your disc from wherever you got it from. I tried to do it at game today but they wouldn't let me because I got it from Amazon. So I'll have to go through them and try and get it sorted out. I guess if you have the same problem as me, you could always get it 'repaired' like I did with mine at Game today. I guess all it does is take off some small scratches. But I still have my 3 big ones..So I'm hoping it will still kinda work later on when I try it.

Your best bet is just to return it and get it swapped for a new disc. And some places might ask for a recite too, so make sure you have it still and take it with you.

skinnyhoops

yeah you can keep replacing discs but eventually you'll have to have your xbox hardware looked at. I think certain component combo's are causing scratches on the discs, which eventually won't allow you to play the disc on any xbox at all. I just exchanged my game today at Best Buy, returned home to make sure the game works and it did. Later that night, I played GTA IV for about 15 minutes and then boom "disc unreadable" error. The same error that happened on my first GTA IV disc. Now it's happening to the second? Definitly a hardware failure. I'm not playing the game anymore until my repaired xbox comes back from Microsoft, so I can try it on a different xbox machine. (I have two xbox's for backup purposes, but my backup had RRoD haha)