question about pool, darts, bowling...

joeskar

I not really digging the billiards/darts/bowling. I just find them somewhat boring, not to mention that the bowling and darts are way too easy.

My question is, do I have to do these? What is the advantage to taking my buddies out to do this all the time? I'm getting calls every minute asking if I want to throw darts, I have said no a bunch, and all my buddies seem to be pissed at me now. (I know the answer is probably posted elsewhere, but I'm a freakin noob and cant quite find the answer, so sue me.)

also (this is off topic but...) Can you buy hats for nico to wear? if so, which store?

I not really digging the billiards/darts/bowling. I just find them somewhat boring, not to mention that the bowling and darts are way too easy.

My question is, do I have to do these? What is the advantage to taking my buddies out to do this all the time? I'm getting calls every minute asking if I want to throw darts, I have said no a bunch, and all my buddies seem to be pissed at me now. (I know the answer is probably posted elsewhere, but I'm a freakin noob and cant quite find the answer, so sue me.)

also (this is off topic but...) Can you buy hats for nico to wear? if so, which store?

No, you don't have to do it, but there is an achievement associated with your friends happiness by a certain point in the game. (NOT worth it IMHO). Also some friends give you certain perks if they like you enough (again, not worth it to me).

You can also put your phone into sleep mode so that your friends never call and your relationships are on hold. You will also not get plot phone calls either. Starting a mission automatically turns your phone back on.

Only hats are at the russian store near your first safehouse.

Right on, Thanks so Much for the tips... Now I'm off to go do me some ped hunting.

Savage Johnson

when i want to increase the like stats quickly i play every game as quick as posibly.

pool: sink the black 8 ball as soon as possible to loose the game.

bowling: only play a half game and just keep tapping "A" (for 360) and flicking the toggle up and down. the game is over in a few seconds. (every now and then you might even win)

darts: is just darts. theres no quick fix for this one, other than playing to win. if you just throw wildly youll be waiting for ages for them to beat you.

These games are just fun to play. I appreciate that R* took the time to add these mini-games. If you want tips for the achievments to all 3 games, here they are:

Bowling: Get 3 strikes in a row! = Step to the left 2 times (2 full steps). Press A, then pull back on the right stick and then forward (not too fast, not too slow) make sure that you point the stick forward as straight as you can. You might have to test the speed of the stick over and over until you get it right.

Darts: Get 180 points in 3 throws! = Just practise, it isn't that hard.

Pool: Win a game! = Use both angles to your advantage. Be the white ball! Then shoot but shoot at a responsible speed. I found a minor glitch that if your opponent is on the black 8-Ball, when it's your turn, it automatically aims all the balls up for you, so all you have to do is shoot (no aiming alterations nessecary). I was amazed when I did it. It even automatically lines up the 8-ball for you also!

I hope this helped, please comment on it if this has helped

These games are just fun to play. I appreciate that R* took the time to add these mini-games. If you want tips for the achievments to all 3 games, here they are:

Bowling: Get 3 strikes in a row! = Step to the left 2 times (2 full steps). Press A, then pull back on the right stick and then forward (not too fast, not too slow) make sure that you point the stick forward as straight as you can. You might have to test the speed of the stick over and over until you get it right.

Darts: Get 180 points in 3 throws! = Just practise, it isn't that hard.

Pool: Win a game! = Use both angles to your advantage. Be the white ball! Then shoot but shoot at a responsible speed. I found a minor glitch that if your opponent is on the black 8-Ball, when it's your turn, it automatically aims all the balls up for you, so all you have to do is shoot (no aiming alterations nessecary). I was amazed when I did it. It even automatically lines up the 8-ball for you also!

I hope this helped, please comment on it if this has helped

No, dont get me wrong, I think these mini-games are really cool and add great depth to an already excellent game... however I just dont think as much emphisis should have been placed on them. They seem to be an integral part of the game, as opposed to just fun little extras... Also if you are going to put these games in here, why not some more arcade games, maybe air-hockey, maybe foosball, chess seems like it would be a perfect fit in a game who's main protagonist is eastern European, you know just a better variety would have really solidified the experience.... Oh well there is always DLC