CNN bashes GTA AGAIN!

beardedclam

beardedclam

CNN: 'GTA IV is training kids to be killers'

user posted image

American news network CNN has launched a scathing attack on Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV game, claiming the Xbox 360 and PS3 title "is training our kids to be killers".

During a news item entitled 'Grand Theft Morality', presenter Glenn Beck said youngsters playing the game will learn how to kill in a similar way to the recruits being trained by the military, stating: "It took 75 years and countless billions of dollars to train our soldiers to kill. Today, $60 buys your kid the same thing.”

The CNN report, which is now available to watch on YouTube, further slams the game's content, with Beck claiming: "In Grand Theft Auto, your son, husband or boyfriend or whoever, can hire a prostitute, have sex with her and then beat her to death with a baseball bat.

“When a police officer comes after him, he can either light him on fire or cut him in half with a chainsaw. This is entertainment?”

The revelation comes as industry watcher Chart Track is predicted to announce the title has stormed to the top of the all-formats games chart following a record-breaking week.

Link

It's very simple really. sh*tty ass parents blaming video games for there kids being bad, but really it's just because they are such horrible parents they f*ck their own kid up.

beardedclam
It's very simple really. sh*tty ass parents blaming video games for there kids being bad, but really it's just because they are such horrible parents they f*ck their own kid up.

this was quoted from another site moron. I know there arent any chainsaws durrrrrr monocle.gif

johnsovva

I thought GTA was rated M for people aged 18 and older? Kids shouldn't even be playing this, therefore Beck's argument is completely pointless. It is like blaming bars for drunk drivers under the age of 21.

I play GTA since I was 6 and I has yet to point a gun at someone or steal a car... Or even think about doing it.

Only nut jobs listen to Glenn Beck anyway. He's a right wing neo-con nazi. He's obviously racist against all forms of minority too. He thinks that the muslims are out to kill him. I hope they do.

AND Chainsaws!?!?! The bastard's obviously never played the game.

this was quoted from another site moron. I know there arent any chainsaws durrrrrr monocle.gif

Who said I was insulting you?

Now I'm insulting you. You're a retard.

I still waiting for my points for shooting policemen sign-thompson.gif

Me too! I keep shooting policeman hoping to get points!!! I think Jack lied to us. Maybe that's why I keep going to federal prison. What the hell is a GTA?

I thought GTA was rated M for people aged 18 and older? Kids shouldn't even be playing this, therefore Beck's argument is completely pointless. It is like blaming bars for drunk drivers under the age of 21.

Exactly... the only thing is that GTA is labeled as a "game." Kids = games. But yeah, why bitch and moan about kids playing it when its not even rated for them?

How come they don't bash Call of Dutys?

I mean they could be training people to be war veterans?

Capricornus

These assholes need to get over it and shove a damn rake up their asses. I mean come one ffs, GTA games have been out for nearly a damn decade and they are still bitching. As it has been proven many times, ultimately their bitching won't get them very far.

If they feel that way then the parents need to stop letting the kids run the show and act like a f*cking parent. Don't buy the kid the f*cking game if they feel that way.

caprisig.jpg

I remeber a CSI: Miami episode that dissed video games lol.gif

Baltimorean

Or for that matter, America's Army. That was DESIGNED to teach people to fight like a soldier.

ForrestWhitakersLazyEye

Hahaha, Glenn Beck. I love how these news stations hire ex-addicts/alcoholic's and refer to them like their the beacon of the common man. This guy is a scumbag who needs to get off his high horse and back on the sauce.

johnsovva

Agreed. But some may argue that game is training our kids to kill the terrorists, instead of cops.

Or for that matter, America's Army. That was DESIGNED to teach people to fight like a soldier.

Pretty sad the media has nothing else better to do but to blame a a billion dollar gaming company for the crimes all over the world.

GTA is a murder simulator blablabla

mmm chocolate
Glenn Beck said youngsters playing the game will learn how to kill in a similar way to the recruits being trained by the military, stating: "It took 75 years and countless billions of dollars to train our soldiers to kill. Today, $60 buys your kid the same thing.”

...such a stupid and ridiculous comment.

with that being said....I'm gonna start a militia and train my soldiers by making them play GTA games.

Suuuuure.

Glenn Beck is an idiot who is owned by oil companies CNN should be ashamed of putting such a moron on their air as a Newsman

Glenn Beck said youngsters playing the game will learn how to kill in a similar way to the recruits being trained by the military, stating: "It took 75 years and countless billions of dollars to train our soldiers to kill. Today, $60 buys your kid the same thing.”

...such a stupid and ridiculous comment.

with that being said....I'm gonna start a militia and train my soldiers by making them play GTA games.

Suuuuure.

duhh what do you think Al Qaeda is doing?

why is everyone bad talking gta im 16 and i dont have any thoughts about hurting anyone but i use gta because it relieves stress and keeps my insane thoughts inside the game and not in real life

"It took 75 years and countless billions of dollars to train our soldiers to kill. Today, $60 buys your kid the same thing.”

Well if anything then, that's progress... some people, chuh.

why is everyone bad talking gta im 16 and i dont have any thoughts about hurting anyone but i use gta because it relieves stress and keeps my insane thoughts inside the game and not in real life

your 16 and you have insane thoughts and stress? If I were you id have that checked out man that doesn't sound good. EMO?

CNN: 'GTA IV is training kids to be killers'

user posted image

American news network CNN has launched a scathing attack on Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV game, claiming the Xbox 360 and PS3 title "is training our kids to be killers".

During a news item entitled 'Grand Theft Morality', presenter Glenn Beck said youngsters playing the game will learn how to kill in a similar way to the recruits being trained by the military, stating: "It took 75 years and countless billions of dollars to train our soldiers to kill. Today, $60 buys your kid the same thing.”

The CNN report, which is now available to watch on YouTube, further slams the game's content, with Beck claiming: "In Grand Theft Auto, your son, husband or boyfriend or whoever, can hire a prostitute, have sex with her and then beat her to death with a baseball bat.

“When a police officer comes after him, he can either light him on fire or cut him in half with a chainsaw. This is entertainment?”

The revelation comes as industry watcher Chart Track is predicted to announce the title has stormed to the top of the all-formats games chart following a record-breaking week.

Link

So when a kid goes to shoot someone how is he supposed to enter cheats to spawn a car, turn off the cops, and spawn weapons?

your 16 and you have insane thoughts and stress? If I were you id have that checked out man that doesn't sound good. EMO?

At 16 most dudes are like:

OMG the hottest girl in school wont go out with me being 16 is so hard.

motorforum

Free publicity > kids watch the news > kids pester parents to buy it > parents see gameplay > the sh*tstorm makes it onto CNN > free publicity > kids watch the news etc

R* wins.

Nabbesnabb

This.

It's not Rockstars fault that parents let their children play mature rated games.

Free publicity > kids watch the news > kids pester parents to buy it > parents see gameplay > the sh*tstorm makes it onto CNN > free publicity > kids watch the news etc

R* wins.

I think a lot of its jealousy because Rock* dominates in sales. Its gotta make some people wonder what the hell there selling lol. And when people learn about GTA its like a felony. Its only a video game they have mature ratings just like 70% of todays movies. Look at the trash on FOX TV I seen worst sh*t on regular TV. Big deal for once your the bad guy fighting against Police/Peds.

Most of Jack Thompson's statements were BS. First off you have the option to kill a hooker when your done with her, and there was no nudity at all. They show much more content on channel 6, FOX, CNN, MTV.

Edited by GloRy