3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GoofyHTS

Memory Handling Editor

GoofyHTS

My Memory Handling Editor has been trashed. I found a way to let the game reload this file for your via some code injection. I made a simple application to inject the code or see one of my posts below to find out where to inject the code. The app can be downloaded here at GTAGarage:

Download Link

user posted image

To use it, just click on "Inject Code" and every time you change something in the file click "Reload Handling.cfg"

(There won't be any success messages, only error messages (if any) that will be displayed.)

Note: Some handling/model flags might need the car to be respawned to take a effect though.

Edited by GoofyHTS

xmen

sounds interesting, one suggestion, can you make it that you can save all the handling in a file, then can read that file when restart the game, this will help in 2 ways, 1 you can read handling while game isnt running and 2 you dont need to enter same values again and again, anyway good tool, keep it up icon14.gifwink.gif

Edited by xmen

Alexander Blade

2xmen : xD lol.gif

2GoofyHTS : nice , Delphi 6 rulezz biggrin.gifalien.gif

X_ATP_X

Yeah your tool is very great smile.gif

Can you give me please the memory adresses?

xmen

Can you give me please the memory adresses?

this page will help, Link

wink.gif

Alexander Blade

Vehicle Main Handling

Delphi code

VehicleHandling = packed record  index : integer;  fMass : single; // single = float 4 bytes  field_8 : single;  fTurnMass : single;  fDragMult : single;  x : single;  y : single;  z : single;  nPercentSubmerged : byte;  field_21       : byte;  field_22       : byte;  field_23       : byte;  field_24  : single;  fTractionMultiplier : single;  transmissionData : TransmissionData;  field_90 : single;  fBrakeDeceleration : single;  fBrakeBias : single;  bABS            : byte;  field_9D        : byte;  field_9E        : byte;  field_9F        : byte;  fSteeringLock : single;  fTractionLoss : single;  fTractionBias : single;  fSuspensionForceLevel : single;  fSuspensionDampingLevel : single;  fSuspensionHighSpdComDamp : single;  fSuspensionUpperLimit : single;  fSuspensionLowerLimit : single;  fSuspensionBiasBetweenFrontAndRear : single;  fSuspensionAntiDiveMultiplier : single;  fCollisionDamageMultiplier : single;  modelFlags      : single;  handlingFlags   : single;  fSeatOffsetDistance : single;  nMonetaryValue  : integer;  frontLight      : byte;  rearLight       : byte;  animGroup       : byte;  field_DF        : byte; end; TransmissionData = packed record  field_0         : single;  field_4         : single;  field_8         : single;  field_C         : single;  field_10        : single;  field_14        : single;  field_18        : single;  field_1C        : single;  field_20        : single;  field_24        : single;  field_28        : single;  field_2C        : single;  field_30        : single;  field_34        : single;  field_38        : single;  field_3C        : single;  field_40        : single;  field_44        : single;  nDriveType      : byte;  nEngineType     : byte;  nNumberOfGears  : byte;  field_4B        : byte;  field_4C        : single;  fEngineAcceleration : single;  fEngineInertia  : single;  fMaxVelocity    : single;  field_5C        : single;  field_60        : single; end;

210 signatures from 0xC2B9C8(general handling)+0x14(main handling offset)

GoofyHTS

Glad all of you like it. The memory addresses I use was found Here

modelFlags      : single;

handlingFlags  : single;

Is not single's, it's hex.

I might add like a config save (not to handling.cfg) this way you can leave your handling.cfg file original add load up your values in memory, and i'm still planning to export to handling.cfg.

The user interface will be overhauled to make it more attractive,as this is a experimental version.

Edited by GoofyHTS

Squiddy

Hex is, just like binary or decimal, a mean to express numbers. Single is a datatype. Two different things.

GoofyHTS

Hex is, just like binary or decimal, a mean to express numbers. Single is a datatype. Two different things.

Yes, what I meant with hex was that the handling/model stuff contains flags, so it can't really be represented with a data type, instead the value gets built up by adding certain flag values together for each digit of the hex string.

Edited by GoofyHTS

GoofyHTS

Memory Handling Editor no longer available....Please see my first post for the Handling Reloader

Edited by GoofyHTS

S_G

YES! Thank you! I can't wait to try this out. I've been trying to perfect my vehicle handling, but I had to exit the game and restart after EVERY change. Now I can do it all with this nifty thing!

xmen

Suggestion :

the combobox that have all named should be sorted or change its DropDownStyle to DropDown(its in C# dunno whats in delphi) so that desire vehicle can be find easily...monocle.gif

is it possible to save the file like handling format...

GoofyHTS

the combobox that have all named should be sorted or change its DropDownStyle to DropDown(its in C# dunno whats in delphi) so that desire vehicle can be find easily...

I will do that (should have anyway tounge2.gif )

s it possible to save the file like handling format...

Not yet. I still need to add the Special Handling stuff of bikes,boats and planes. Once I add those and hopefully find the secret behind MaxVelocity and Damage Col Mul I'll add that feature. (Or for the time being I'll just default that two values to something)

TTKRickJames

From what i know of "fMaxVelocity", all it does is tell the car when to stop accelerating, the engine acceleration line(fEngineAcceleration) is the one that makes the cars "faster"...

If thats what your even talking about, it says in the Handling config to only use values from 5-150 for max velocity, and 1-10 for engine acceleration but i have used values up to 1000 in both... makes for some crazy fast cars....GL in your heandling editor, DLing now.

EDIT: Hey are you able to make he vehicles.ide file editable whilst in game so we can change our wheel sizes with ease, as some mods ive come accross have retardedly huge wheels on them, and entering/exitng the game numerous times to get the wheel size just right sucks.

Edited by TTKRickJames

GoofyHTS
From what i know of "fMaxVelocity", all it does is tell the car when to stop accelerating, the engine acceleration line(fEngineAcceleration) is the one that makes the cars "faster"...

If thats what your even talking about, it says in the Handling config to only use values from 5-150 for max velocity, and 1-10 for engine acceleration but i have used values up to 1000 in both... makes for some crazy fast cars....GL in your heandling editor, DLing now.

EDIT: Hey are you able to make he vehicles.ide file editable whilst in game so we can change our wheel sizes with ease, as some mods ive come accross have retardedly huge wheels on them, and entering/exitng the game numerous times to get the wheel size just right sucks.

The problem comes in how MaxVelocity is stored. If you change it then it changes about 20 addresses in memory, unlike the other values that only change one address.

I will look into the vehicles.ide file.

Rapier

Again bugs, suggestion etc. is welcome.

OK, let's go:

1 - The EXE name could be "GTASAMHE". I like file names in old DOS format (8.3) tounge.gif

2 - The application's icon may be another instead of the standard Delphi's icon.

3 - A self installer would be great!

But anyway the program is very good! icon14.gif

GoofyHTS

This tool is now thrashed........

I made a Break Through!!!

I figured out how to reload the handling.cfg file while the game is running...

You have to inject some code in memory, I made a simple application that does this.

Downloaded link can be found on the first post in this thread.

To use it, just click on "Inject Code" and every time you change something in the file click "Reload Handling.cfg"

(There won't be any success messages, only error messages (if any) that will be displayed.)

Or you can do it yourself:

Poke this at 0x856FE0 : (hex)

80,3D,10,10,30,1,1,75,A,B9,C8,B9,C2,0,E8,3D,68,D6,FF,C6,05,10,10,30,1,0,E9,CA,1D,EF,FF

Poke this at 0x748A82 : (hex) (this is the gateway)

E9,59,E5,10,0

You will have to set 0x1301010 to 1 to reload the file (gets set back to 0 when loading is done)

Some handling/model flags might need the car to be respawned to take a effect though.

Have Fun!

Hey are you able to make he vehicles.ide file editable whilst in game so we can change our wheel sizes with ease, as some mods ive come accross have retardedly huge wheels on them, and entering/exitng the game numerous times to get the wheel size just right sucks.

I'm planning to do this with Vehicles.ide,Weapon.dat ect.

Is there any possibility that I can rename this topic? It kinda went in a totally different direction...

Edited by GoofyHTS

_6mik_

hey , i just try it, it is awesome !!! Thx a lot !!!

it work perfectly, but i saw that for the suspension modification take effect, you need to respawn the car, anyhow, reaaly nice

(and thx for keeping me in the loop )

cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

icon14.gif

FatAssCartman

is it possible to make an injector for GTA IV?

GoofyHTS
is it possible to make an injector for GTA IV?

what exactly do you mean making an injector?

Chi J. Creeper

Please reload the link, current link is not working just give: Access denied: Account disabled.

What gives?

GoofyHTS

Please reload the link, current link is not working just give: Access denied: Account disabled.

What gives?

Sorry about that, my account got disabled due to inactivity, please see the first post of this thread with the updated links,.

The app can be downloaded via GTAGarage HERE

Edited by GoofyHTS

Darecki

I still have it on one of my backup CD's, so tomorrow I'll try to upload this for you wink.gif

Logofero

Sorry could strange question, but someone tell formula for

receiving TransmissionData.fMaxVelocity (Multiplied by 5.5555599e-3)

I Tried:

[email protected] = 0xC2B9DC

[email protected] + = 0x84

0A8D: [email protected] = read_memory [email protected] size 4 virtual_protect 0 // Landstalker TransmissionData.fMaxVelocity

speed does not match..

Someone tell me how to?