belkin wireless router

WackyZacky

WackyZacky

can i just say to anyone who is thinking of buying one DONT!

they are the most useless pieces of dogsh*t technology i have ever come across

my ps3 wont get nat type 2 9 times out of 10 i get nat type 3

on the rare occasion nat type 2 does come about it says that my router may b restricted because it cannot support ip fragments

so basically gta4 wont run for me online?

if nyone knows how i can fix this problem please i would be very thankful!

gta_rulez

Just buy a netgear, they are not very expensive and really good.

WackyZacky

please tell me where i can find good wireless routers and ones with at least a range of 300 m

please tell me where i can find good wireless routers and ones with at least a range of 300 m

Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Radio shack, Circut City.

can i just say to anyone who is thinking of buying one DONT!

they are the most useless pieces of dogsh*t technology i have ever come across

my ps3 wont get nat type 2 9 times out of 10 i get nat type 3

on the rare occasion nat type 2 does come about it says that my router may b restricted because it cannot support ip fragments

so basically gta4 wont run for me online?

if nyone knows how i can fix this problem please i would be very thankful!

i have a belkin and have no problems with it.

iuselotsofbullets

300 meters? what the f?? why the hell is your set up like this in the first place...the belkin isnt a bad product...u simply are just a clueless user

WackyZacky

300 meters? what the f?? why the hell is your set up like this in the first place...the belkin isnt a bad product...u simply are just a clueless user

lol my house is a very tall house

and its to do with nat type i think

saying that thought when i try to play online in gta4 it puts me in a game on my own and no one else joins and it wont let me join games ive been invited to

iuselotsofbullets

300 m tall? I really wann see a pic of this house...and its most likely because people cannot connect to you and that may be due to ports being closed on your router

I have a belkin wireless router nat type 2 and it works fine..

WackyZacky

my house isnt 300 m tall it just has thick walls and its three floors high lol and the strongest signal i can get in my bedroom is about 20% and even then its hit and miss

ive read around a bit

and iuselotsofbullets i think what you said is correct but i dont kno how to open these ports im thinking of taking the thing back anyway and getting a different one

My Belkin works perfectly.

It's not the product's fault. Getting a new brand won't fix it.

WackyZacky

it will because i had a buffalo one that worked fine before i got this belkin one

but it only had a range of 100m and i couldnt get a signal in me bedroom lol

iuselotsofbullets
my house isnt 300 m tall it just has thick walls and its three floors high lol and the strongest signal i can get in my bedroom is about 20% and even then its hit and miss

ive read around a bit

and iuselotsofbullets i think what you said is correct but i dont kno how to open these ports im thinking of taking the thing back anyway and getting a different one

yea google is your friend for opening ports im not gonna be ur free tech support lol...but you should look into fixing your setup because if you have 20% and try playing that way your going to have ping spikes constantly and even your steady ping will be quite high with that signal...

WackyZacky

i took it back lol i bought a netgear one instead just set it all up and going to test a connection now

Raven_Nytez

Belkin Wireless N works fine for all my online gaming needs.

Push comes to shove & the new one won't work then you can pick up a l'il gadget that plugs into a a mains adapter by your router, plug an ethernet cable into it (I think) then plug another one into a mains adapter in your room with another ethernet cable from that to your PS3/XBox & hey presto, wired tinternet!

GTATottenham

Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Radio shack, Circut City.

He has an England flag, so those are stupid suggestions.

WackyZacky

thank you all for your suggestions but the netgear one is now working lol

its still not a very good signal but i think its as good as im gunna get without spending too much money colgate.gif

ThrillingFungus

wireless routers are useless for gaming. you will always have some jackass in the same building as you stealing your connection and slowing down your game. i had a wireless router, and like couldnt even play online, but as soon as i got one w/o wireless i never seen lag again