Shooting from a car...

mahatmahatma

mahatmahatma

OK. In Multiplayer, I've seen players leaning out the windows of cars without shooting. When I press L1 (ps3 here) I shoot. I can't seem to find a way to keep the aiming reticule on screen without shooting, or to lean out when I'm not driving.

Is there a way to do this, and if there is, how do I do it? My manual is not much help, did a search but couldn't find anything.

I think the reticule only stays up for as long as you have the trigger held in, but dont quote me on that.

38773_s.gif

mahatmahatma

Yah, that's all I can get to happen. But I was driving in a Multiplayer mission the other day - the one with the bikers, can't remember the name - and the other dudes in the car were leaning out of the windows, with their guns pointing around everywhere, and NOT SHOOTING. If I press the button to put my gun out the window, it just starts shooting, even if I'm not driving.

What I'm wondering is if there's a way of just leaning out of the window and free aiming, like the AI does, like these dudes did?

tormenta3001
Yah, that's all I can get to happen. But I was driving in a Multiplayer mission the other day - the one with the bikers, can't remember the name - and the other dudes in the car were leaning out of the windows, with their guns pointing around everywhere, and NOT SHOOTING. If I press the button to put my gun out the window, it just starts shooting, even if I'm not driving.

What I'm wondering is if there's a way of just leaning out of the window and free aiming, like the AI does, like these dudes did?

Really good question, I was wondering about the same. i would like to aim without shooting, since until I get it right, its a waste of bullets.

DDR Midian

You can only lean out continuously when you're a passenger. Drivers are forced to shoot&aim at the same time.

When you're a passenger you hold L1 to aim and press R1 to shoot (I think those are the controls... don't have the PS3 version. It's the same as aiming/shooting on foot.)

mahatmahatma

Those definitely aren't the buttons, 'cos I was pressing L1 and wasn't leaning...maybe L2, that would make sense? Thank you for confirming the fact that you can do it! Just gotta mess around a bit with the controls I guess.

Would still appreciate greatly if anyone knew what button gets you leaning?

GtaFan-atic

when driving u can only shoot but not aim without shooting. but when your the passenger u hold L2 and ur player will be able 2 aim freely and L1 to shoot

doa kappatango

XBOX360:

When driving, hold LB to smash window and shoot. Aim with the right stick. You can only shoot and aim at the same time.

As a passenger, you hold down LB, then shoot with Right Trigger. This allows you to aim without shooting.

DDR Midian
when driving u can only shoot but not aim without shooting. but when your the passenger u hold L2 and ur player will be able 2 aim freely and L1 to shoot

What he said tounge.gif Didn't know the controls were so different between versions confused.gif

flyinhawaiian

When passenger, press L2 to aim freely and then R1 to shoot. I know because I can free-aim without shooting on PS3 with no problems.

mahatmahatma

Hey, thank you to everyone for all your prompt replies! Much obliged

Whatever your aiming button is, press that as long as your not the driver that is. And you can use your normal shooting button as well.

Right, you musn't be driving otherwise it won't work. All you gotta do is press L2 for the PS3 users to aim and press R2 to shoot. Or just press L1 to shoot automatically.

bennisboy

Hold L2, you cant do it if your a driver tho