Free Roam Question

Geekboy

I want to be able to see all of the city with the bridges unblocked where I can access the whole map. I understand maybe I won't be able to play the game and do mission achievements which is fine.

Can this be done? Does enabling 'sleep mode' in the cell phone achieve this? Is there a 'unblock bridges' cheat? How can this (unlocking other areas) be done without completing missions?

Thanks.

moggle333
I want to be able to see all of the city with the bridges unblocked where I can access the whole map. I understand maybe I won't be able to play the game and do mission achievements which is fine.

Can this be done? Does enabling 'sleep mode' in the cell phone achieve this? Is there a 'unblock bridges' cheat? How can this (unlocking other areas) be done without completing missions?

Thanks.

Nope -- That can't be done. You're going to have to get past a certain mission in order to do that, even the cheats won't help with removing the wanted stars. BTW, you don't have to go too far into the game to go through the entire map without being wanted. I'm not sure if it's just me, but the missions seem a tad less difficult on this GTA than the SA and VC (haven't played the others).

Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him. -- Proverbs 26:27

You could always launch a private Free Roam game and check out the whole city. Can't get any achievements, but that's one way if you're just wanting to explore.

The only achievement that really requires the whole city in SP is the one you get for...unlocking the whole city anyway...aside from certain friend and story achievements, of course.

You could always launch a private Free Roam game and check out the whole city. Can't get any achievements, but that's one way if you're just wanting to explore.

The only achievement that really requires the whole city in SP is the one you get for...unlocking the whole city anyway...aside from certain friend and story achievements, of course.

How do you launch a private free roam game?

Do player match, set private slots to max, select Free Roam, launch game. I think it's in that order, anyway...

Do player match, set private slots to max, select Free Roam, launch game. I think it's in that order, anyway...

Thanks. Last question. Do you have to be online to play Player Match?

Yes.

Damn. I don't have XBL nor do I want it. I was hoping to just freely roam the city cause massive carnage without having to get online.

Oh well.

moggle333

You can't get the "sleep" option on the phone until you get to the later missions when someone gives you a different phone. Also, the sleep option doesn't give you free roam in the sense that you're never wanted...just so you won't receive calls from those offering side missions.

Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him. -- Proverbs 26:27

DDR Midian
You can't get the "sleep" option on the phone until you get to the later missions when someone gives you a different phone. Also, the sleep option doesn't give you free roam in the sense that you're never wanted...just so you won't receive calls from those offering side missions.

I had sleep mode from the very beginning of the game, with the first phone.

moggle333

mercie_blink.gif I guess I've must have missed it because I noticed the sleep mode immediately when the camera option appeared on the new phone. lol

Thanks.

why dont u just play the missions and cause carnage whilst playnig them cool.gif