which controller do u like better 360 or ps3 and y

swizz977

just wanted to kno which controller u like better for gta 4 the ps3 or the 360 and please say why

PS3, cause the analog sticks are closer togethar, easier for me to use. my friends on the other hand prefer xbox, im the only one of my friends that have ps3.

The newer small 360 controllers are way better than the old xbox controllers I will say that. I like the PS3 only because I had a PS2 before this. N64 is still the best controller ever in my opinion however! biggrin.gif

How is it possible to tell? It's not like everyone owns both consoles...

</facepalm>

NewYorkMantle

360, by FAR. more ergonomic and comfortable to hold, the left joystick is in a natural feeling position, the triggers feel more solid than the L2/R2 buttons, external battery pack > internal. - the only problem is that the 360 d-pad BLOWS, badly.

Edited by NewYorkMantle

Apollo_33

360 are more comfortable

PS3's are OK, but after 2-3 hours of playing, it kinda hurts a little bit. It doesnt fit your hand properly. Also the idea of adding triggers for R2 and L2 was a bad idea. Y

sergeantpeppers

the Xbox because the triggers are much smoother, and the shape is much more ergonomic, im not even a 360 fanboy, sony was the best with the PS2, i didn't even consider buying the first Xbox , but i have to admit the dualshock series works, but is not as good as the xboxes, and RUMBLE!!!, is the dual shock three out? then they both have rumble

360, by FAR. more ergonomic and comfortable to hold, the left joystick is in a natural feeling position, the triggers feel more solid than the L2/R2 buttons, external battery pack > internal.

My PS3 battery lasted just as long as the battery packs from Microsoft, and I will agree that for games like Halo, Gow and Madden I would prefer that controller as well, but since I'm used to the PS2 for all the other GTA games I am used to that configuration.

Yeah the new dualshocks are out, at 54 dollars a controller, I already have two so that price is crazy.

Axe_Gaijin

I've got a PS2, Xbox & Xbox 360, getting PS3 this summer if they cut the price a bit more.

I've always thought that the PSX controler was the best thing since sliced bread. When I first tried a Xbox controler it felt weird, but now that I'm used tio it, it makes a lot of sence, the trigger buttons are perfect for racing games.

CheatingSoi

I personally Like the ps3 controller because it is soooo light. I know that turns most people off but I like a light controller. However Id still probably say I like the 360 controller better. Dunno why. Love at first sight?

Metalhead4
360, by FAR. more ergonomic and comfortable to hold, the left joystick is in a natural feeling position, the triggers feel more solid than the L2/R2 buttons, external battery pack > internal. - the only problem is that the 360 d-pad BLOWS, badly.

Completely agree, hated turning nightvision on while calling in an airstrike or heli in CoD4.

RotaryDan

D-pad on the 360 just blows

triggers on the PS3 really suck

besides that both controllers seem pretty close. The 360 fits a little better in my hands though. Plus the 360 controller has the ability to be used with a PC so it gets my vote.

Isuck100%

The 360 controller is just about as good as it gets. The PS3 controller has awkward analog stick placement, odd trigger buttons, and is a little too small and lightweight.

.Up&Coming.

I love the PS3! It fits my hands perfect. And it's more symmetrical which sort of helps my brain at times.

It's a lot easier for the hand-eye coordination.

L2 and R2 are a bit stiff on the Dualshock, but the regular sixaxis works great.

I lol'd at N64. It was one of the weirdest controllers ever...I really liked it for some reason though.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

I've hold both controllers and after i used the xbox one i hate the ps3 one. Why? because the xbox's fit into your hands, the joysticks are better positioned (and their concave shape makes them more accurate when you are aiming or just moving them). Besides the triggers have a very comfortable shape too (as the rest of the controller which is very ergonomic in general). Oh, and it's much cooler, because of its form and its colors.

I rather the triggers on the 360. I don't own one, but I have play one fairly regular. However, I rather the positioning of the analogue sticks on the PS3 controller. It's kinda what you get used to I suppose.

The bottom line for me is, that both controllers suit me fine, and it's not hard to adjust from one to the other.

Jegermeister0

I loved the playstation controllers better and I hated the 360... untill I got one tounge.gif

360 feels better and is more comftible and I DONT have big hands.

mmm chocolate

The controllers was one of the main things I had to consider when getting a new console last week...

I'm used to a PS2 controller...loved it for GTA games...

But I said F-it...I'm gonna get a 360.

It probably took me less than an hour to get used to the 360 controller.

...we can all get used to anything new over time.

user posted image

XxScHw4RtZxX

360 controller by far the PS3 controller seriously feels like it is for little girls or boys because when i hlod it my fingers are like pointing each others tips and it hurts. Like ---><--- behind the controller. And the analog sticks are annoying as hell and the little 'triggers' are sucky. I like 360 controller far better.

.Up&Coming.

I feel left out. I think I'm the only one who prefers the PS3 controller.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

No, I like it too. I like both, but the PS3 edges it because of the stick locations.

Well, I have played both consoles and i prefer the PS3 controller.

+ It's lightweight

+ It doesn't need batteries

+ I like the analog sticks being closer to each other

Well, I have played both consoles and i prefer the PS3 controller.

+ It's lightweight

+ It doesn't need batteries

+ I like the analog sticks being closer to each other

Um...it does have a battery.

BadTedBundy

Ps3, it's just too awkward using the 360 with the joysticks all out of whack.

illmatic94

As a PS3 owner myself, and seeing how many people are saying PS3, I think to myself, are you guys delusional?

I played on my friend's 360, and the controller is significantly better.

It justs molds to your hands, the button positioning is better, the triggers are better.

Still, I prefer my PS3 in general to the Xbox360, but as far as the controllers go, the 360 kills it.

.Up&Coming.
As a PS3 owner myself, and seeing how many people are saying PS3, I think to myself, are you guys delusional?

It justs molds to your hands, the button positioning is better, the triggers are better.

Still, I prefer my PS3 in general to the Xbox360, but as far as the controllers go, the 360 kills it.

Eh..I think it has to do with hand size. A lot of people with bigger hands seem to hate the PS3 controller. My hands are small, so it molds perfectly.

I have a question: I noticed that when I hold my PS3 controller, I keep my middle fingers used for L2/R2 behind the controller when I'm not using those triggers (instead of just resting them on the triggers)...my brother noticed and said it was weird.

Does anyone else do this?

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

illmatic94

Eh..I think it has to do with hand size. A lot of people with bigger hands seem to hate the PS3 controller. My hands are small, so it molds perfectly.

I have a question: I noticed that when I hold my PS3 controller, I keep my middle fingers used for L2/R2 behind the controller when I'm not using those triggers (instead of just resting them on the triggers)...my brother noticed and said it was weird.

Must be the small hands biggrin.gif

.Up&Coming.

Must be the small hands biggrin.gif

Hey, hey. I'm of the female persuasion. I'm allowed to have small hands.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

GTATottenham

Ive always used ps2/psp controls for GTA games so i was a bit worried i wouldnt be able to play it on my 360 but it is easier and better by FAR.