Scripts

Digital Murders

Digital Murders

I'm actually not quite sure where I should post this, so if this is in the wrong section just kindly move it.

Anyway, my friend has been writing scripts for a few years now and has no idea how or where to submit them. If anyone can steer me/her in the right direction of how to do this, it would be appreciated.

user posted image

saltinespike

Depends on where you want to submit them, really. If you are looking to publish, GTAForums is no place to start. Here in the Writer's Discussion, we're simply a laid back community that likes to give constructive criticism in order to improve writing. We do take writing seriously, but have not gone into the steps of finding an agent and attempt a publication. There's really not much to it. I prefer not to put my better pieces on here, though. There's always a risk of plagiarism.

Digital Murders
Depends on where you want to submit them, really. If you are looking to publish, GTAForums is no place to start. Here in the Writer's Discussion, we're simply a laid back community that likes to give constructive criticism in order to improve writing. We do take writing seriously, but have not gone into the steps of finding an agent and attempt a publication. There's really not much to it. I prefer not to put my better pieces on here, though. There's always a risk of plagiarism.

I realize that the forums wouldn't be the place to publish anything, I'm just just trying to figure out how to get someone to buy a script I guess. I figured by posting this topic here, I would get the answers I'm looking for...whatever it may be, considering you are all writers and may have some knowledge on the topic. confused.gif

I've looked all over the intranet for information and agencies and so forth for my friend and really haven't found anything, so I figured since a lot of the people here on the forums are helpful, I would post a topic as a last ditch effort to help her out, seeing as I know nothing of this kind of stuff.

user posted image

mark-2007
Here in the Writer's Discussion, we're simply a laid back community that likes to give constructive criticism in order to improve writing.

That was sarcasm, right?

Anyways, I'd guess you'd have to start somewhere. Try getting a sh*tty job at a studio and ask people higher up to read your scripts - maybe they'll like them, you never know. Or you could befriend a small-time filmmaker and get him to use your scripts, maybe one of the films might get noticed and your scripts will be eventually sought after. I'm not sure how these things work though tounge.gif

user posted image