Nice physics in GTA IV

wumingboi

wumingboi

Okay, I was at a gas station, no idea who shot the gas tanks or the fuel pumps, i jack the cabriolet that exploded near the fuel pump, one side of the left wheel was like jammed up, wow, so realistic whereas the other wheel could still turn, and i aint joking, one side of the front wheel was just literally scratching against the tarmac while i drove to the pay and spray, so it took quite awhile before i reached there

GTA3Freak-2001

I had a similar thing happen during the mission "Street Sweeper" where a tanker truck had exploded and unknown to me had crushed the left rear quarter of a nearby that I jacked to get away. I got in and wondered why it wouldn't move until I saw that the rear fender had crushed the axle giving too much negative camber.

TheSharkIsALie

Yeah, this happeneds to me all the time. Especially in multiplayer when an RPG hits right next to my car, causing the metal to deform against the tire and stop it from moving. I must say, the dynamic damage is super realistic. It even makes it fun to jump off of tall buildings and land on a car. =]

Xysterial

i like to make Destruction Derby matches, great fun

also, try getting a big truck nailing a ped car and take a look at the damage smile.gif

wumingboi

Well, i had absoulutely no idea it was coming, i thought the car was gonna explode or something, but it didnt catch fire. And i like when you hit the car too much, the engine stalls, how do you start it again? Sit inside for a long time and try?

Ps. there are way too many cops around. damn.

Happened to me too, and I was TRYING to ignite the car's fuel with my gun, some damn ped killed me when it all blew to kingdom come!

I was just saying the pool ball physics are fun for me at least, as well.

The bodies flailing while they are on fire is as neat as the graphics can get, I like that part best...though I do feel some remorse for enjoying them suffering! devil.gifcryani.giframpage_ani.gif

the engine stalls, how do you start it again? Sit inside for a long time and try?

Call 911. After the call, the car should be working.

Although, that's not meant to happen.

I don't think there are tanks on these new cars, typically a hidden one is behind the license plate, as on some GM cars of the past.... namely Cadillac I am familiar with. The Olds Cutlass as well.

As far as car stalls, you can try and start them with some luck, and enjoy Niko cursing the car as well! I was laughing at the YT videos when I first saw it. He'd be saying "Not Now, Not Now!" like he was on a mission!

Anyway, I would bash them until you see flames under the hood, then bail like crazy!

wumingboi

Hmm cool, i think different cars have different petrol tanks yeah? Did anyone try to blow them up by shooting them?

Oblivionz
Hmm cool, i think different cars have different petrol tanks yeah? Did anyone try to blow them up by shooting them?

In a few missions it gives you an indicator that you can shoot gas tanks, and I got a few in Three Leaf Clover, but you can't really see them.

kdr9l4.png

Tonay_Montana

have any of you turned on the hood view and then just drove down the sidewalks hitting people? I did this for 20 mins yesterday just addicted to the way people fly and crunch when you hit them!

I did a unique stunt jump and crashed the car it rolled over a fence and down a hill as it tumbled downward niko was ejected and he flew all ragdoll out in front of the car, he landed at the bottom and the car came smashing on top of him, then pinned him to the ground where he soon died....looked like something out of an action film, everything is sooo realistic now...

I love the driving physics. It took a while to get used to, but I think they work great. Although being able to do a 180 at about 10mph is a bit laughable lol.gif

I find it funny how R* treated the American cars: just going straight thru, no brakes, no cornering... cynical.

My favourite one is the shafter (correct spelling?) - very balanced ride!

I don't note one bad things about "American cars" Are you bashing our cars for no good reason?? I love how the Corvette and Regal look like the real deal. The classic Dodge DUKES of HAZARD Challengers in the game... The Mustangs as well. The newer Dodge design. I am very much a fan of the new approach to the cars.