Pop-Up

friedgold19

friedgold19

I've been playing for a week now and I'm noticing some pop-up, to the extent where it's annoying me. It's nothing like walls appearing out of nowhere, or me running into invisible trees, it's more along the lines of tree leaves/bushes popping up alot, lampost lighting appearing out of nowhere in the night, things like cardboard boxes/ bus stops popping up quite regularly and building textures sometimes doing it.

As it's nothing stopping me from playing normally, just something that annoys me, I was wondering if this is a problem with my disc/machine or if it's a pretty widespread problem?

maverick808

The level of pop-in you describe sounds like the normal amount everyone gets.

friedgold19

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know that my machine isn't playing up too much. I've had it for 2+ years now with no RROD so far so I'm getting kinda paranoid that it'll break down at any minute.

Hobo-Lord

this does not happen to me... why?

i have no pop ups what so ever

i play my 360 at a 1:3 ratio (every 2 hours, i leave 6 hours off)

i suggest you do the same

friedgold19

The problem is it doesn't seem to get worse with prolonged play, unless it's been left on for ages and then it starts to freeze. To be honest I think it's got more to do with the disc drive/reader than overheating, I've had a couple of disc read errors already.

maverick808

Every review has mentioned that pop-in occurs. I've played it on 3 different Xboxes and 1 PS3 and seen pop-in on every single one. Virtually everyone on the forums reports some level of pop-in. As I said before, the level you described seems the norm.

I guess it's random... I haven't had many pop-ups, only one time road textures popped up suddenly and bed in safehouse pops up always when I enter the room.

Fuzzknuckles

It sounds like you're getting much more pop-in than me. I've really had the most minimal pop in and no other problems.

I think it may be your DVD drive or the model of your 360

Signatures are dumb anyway.

friedgold19

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'd have to check someone elses 360 to find out if my exact level of pop-in is the norm but it does seem that some is to be expected so I can't let it annoy me too much. It could be worse, it could be game-breaking like a few videos I've seen online.