Car chases choppy...

SCLASS

'Im having no issues with mine'.....im waiting for it, a torrent of lies I tell thee....

Everyone MUST be haivng serious framerate issues, partake in a 3 star police chase in that bright HDR sun in Algonquin and tell me its a enjoyable experience, Im on a brand new PS3, new game disc...it f ucking sucks !.....yes 80 percent of the time there certainly are NOT any issues. This I admit, however, get any kind of action on and you do get mucho slowdown.

It seems strange how this was not mentioned in any of the reviews from the major sites. 6 star chases ?, dont make me laugh, I darent attempt it - 3 stars is enough to slow it down. Multiplayer is a real joke, in free roam anyway, heavy, heavy slowdown/lag......sure, the happiness island deathmatch ran fine, as one would expect from a small game area.

Before any of you respond, remember, these issues are not when your on a mission ( most of the time ), only causing havoc with police, and please - be honest with yourselves before flaming me. Im reporting what I and 3 other friends have seen on both the 360 and PS3...its really hindering my enjoyment of the game. Be mature enough to respect my opinion and not just post 'fail' jpg's, if you cant, well, you just show yourself up.

BingoPower

I get choppy framerates too when the action gets heated up.

It's not just cop chases when I've attained a good number of stars and 6 police cars are on me; it also happens online with lots of players and lots of RPG explosions.

And given that the hardware inside all our PS3s and XBox's is effectively the same, I'm 99% sure everybody has the same problem when there is just too damned much going on.

well, youd think everyone would just 'own up' and admit it, in a similar post of mine I was flamed to hell with all the kiddies on here. I think R* are just laughing there way to the bank. Over doing the gfx for screenshots and not giving a toss if it was over ambitious...and a pain too play when there is action.

MD_Reptile

i have had a few issues with the framerate, nothing drastic, just when there are ALOT of cars and everyone is speeding and stuff...

if the game was installed on the harddisk and reading from it wouldnt this stop these bad framerate issues?

Mine looks fine to me, but then again i never have been a graphic fanatasist.

What does the choppy framerate do and i will see if it is on mine too...

A poor framerate is when the console cannot display as many 'frames' or images per second, which is what your seeing when playing the game, most of the time ( when running smooth) 30 frames are shown per second. 'Slowdown' or a choppy framerate is when the action looks stuttery and less smooth. Believe me, youll notice it in Algonquin.

T2 are making a patch for the PS3 to fix the framerate issues and stuff arent they? dunno about xbox though.

A poor framerate is when the console cannot display as many 'frames' or images per second, which is what your seeing when playing the game, most of the time ( when running smooth) 30 frames are shown per second. 'Slowdown' or a choppy framerate is when the action looks stuttery and less smooth. Believe me, youll notice it in Algonquin.

U gotta source 91 ??, T2 DO need to patch it....if its even possible...

Edited by SCLASS

Yeah I've seen some slowdown and loads of "jaggies" and it annoyed me at first but then I think I've just got used to it because I'm having so much fun.

I've just got onto the second island but its slow going because I keep getting distracted in proper GTA style by all the details. The peds are awesome, so much variety and crazy dialogue. The random stuff going on is ace, I love the sax players and preachers as well as all the people going on about Reptilians!

I think it's the scale of ambition of GTA, the fact that R* have the balls to put so much in, that excuses them the occasional slowdown or dodgy graphics. Yes it's got some issues here but that's sandbox games for you, not like cod4 where you're restricted to a tiny area and very limited actions.

GTA's graphics issues don't stop you from punching a ped, running off and then falling about laughing as they hit you in front of a cop car and get arrested, or when you go drive as fast as you can towards a petrol station and dive out of the car just in time to see it explode into a ball of flame.

Edited by jonhilt

And given that the hardware inside all our PS3s and XBox's is effectively the same, I'm 99% sure everybody has the same problem when there is just too damned much going on.

No, it is Not the same hardware. 360 has it worse, as well. Apparently much worse.

In my own eyes I have seen the PS3 act nice and fast responsive when turning the camera in gun fights, etc, while the 360 stutters.

Just sayin...

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

SyphonPayne

Yes on 360 I can confirm that cop chases = framerate issues as well sometimes. Can't wait for the PC version. My PC will chew this game up and spit it out at a constant 60fps.

yeah my game has locked up two times when fleeing the police going over a bridge at like 150mph. First time i was hauling and game just froze. The second time textures and stuff were dissapearing, so i let off the gas, then everything popped back up in a few seconds. I only had three stars, but it seems my expert driving skills were pushing my console beyond its limits biggrin.gif

T360UKbobby

No, it is Not the same hardware. 360 has it worse, as well. Apparently much worse.

In my own eyes I have seen the PS3 act nice and fast responsive when turning the camera in gun fights, etc, while the 360 stutters.

Just sayin...

Thats Bullsh*t My bro has a PS3 i have a 360 and we have agreed that 360 has NO frame rate probs even when i blew up 15 cars but the PS3 struggled under the pressure proving that the ps3 version was poorly coded and rushed by R*

im no fanboy i swear suicidal.gif

Yes on 360 I can confirm that cop chases = framerate issues as well sometimes. Can't wait for the PC version. My PC will chew this game up and spit it out at a constant 60fps.

Yeah, I'll probably buy the PC version when it becomes available. I purchased a PS3 just to play GTA IV, and while the PS3 is good, it just cannot compare to my gaming rig in terms of graphics and framerates.

I own a 360 and I played the PS3 for about 4 hours at my dealers house and I can tell you that both versions are exactly the f*cking same. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves, or havent played both versions and they are just fanboys. Both games look the same, both have framerate issues doing the same things, and yes, BOTH have pop-in issues, NOT just the Xbox. My 360 is about a year and a half old and the PS3 was about 2 weeks old, not sure what model. They are the same damn game, as R* have stated.

It sucks that this will only get through to the logical people. You cant fight fanboys with things like facts, or logic.

RONIN1191

I've had texture and detail pop-in a time or two (that I noticed...sometimes it occurs and its just that I haven't seen it, I'm sure), and jaggies I only noticed because someone else mentioned them. Like others have said, what works WELL in the game far outweighs the pieces that cause problems.

Also, I have not yet tried any full scale assault on the police so that might be why I'm not having the same problems. I've been keeping a low profile just taking in the sights and sounds of LC...

i've played both ps3 and 360...and yes i do get low framerates especially in high traffic/multiplayer

Bodmister

strange, not once in the whole game (and im on about 50%) have i seen any framerate issue or any other problem with my game ever :S i have the 360 version

BingoPower

Just sayin...

My apologies, I worded that badly. smile.gif

I'm well aware that XBOX and PS3 do not share the same hardware. I'm saying that, unlike PCs, all PS3s users are on the same hardware (give or take HD-size, PS2-emulation), and XBOX's share the same hardware.

Sorry for misunderstanding smile.gif

TheSharkIsALie

Just sayin...

I don't know what you're talking about. My 360 version does stutter, but very rarely. Maybe your machine is one from launch? Mine performs pretty damn well. Even better then most videos i have seen on the internet. I also use a huge housefan to keep my consoles cool though. =]