Join me fellow Mass Effect abondoners

tuff_luv_capo

tuff_luv_capo

I know I'm not the only one who gave up Mass Effect's lengthy story half-way through due to distraction of multiplayer temptation in Army of Two, RS6:V, Halo 3 maps, and GTAIV. But with a trilogy to come, it's a game that must be finished. I picked it up for about 30 minutes last night, and was proud of myself. I know if there were more of us out there, it would motivate me to keep going.

Anyone else in? Please post your progress. I'm about 22 hours in, and have about half the systems explored (minus DLC, though I do have it).

I know I'm not the only one who gave up Mass Effect's lengthy story half-way through due to distraction of multiplayer temptation in Army of Two, RS6:V, Halo 3 maps, and GTAIV. But with a trilogy to come, it's a game that must be finished. I picked it up for about 30 minutes last night, and was proud of myself. I know if there were more of us out there, it would motivate me to keep going.

Anyone else in? Please post your progress. I'm about 22 hours in, and have about half the systems explored (minus DLC, though I do have it).

I may get the PC version when it's released.

I abandoned the game for a different reason entirely. I beat the main story after about 25-ish hours, then realized that you couldn't go back and do the side-missions without starting a new game.

That pissed me off a fair bit. So I took it to EB and traded it in for CoD4.

user posted image

deathdealer

I've been playing gta 4 ever since it came out. i'll play it again tonight.

Mike Tequeli

I had to laugh a little bit about this because at first I thought this might have been a Mass Effect hating thread where I could rush to its defense. Of course it then occurred to me that I never actually finished Mass Effect, came very close but never finished. It also occurred to me too late that I cannot do the side missions now because I saved on my committed final mission that I never did. I really should pick it up again though because I love that game.

user posted image

Colanbarry

You can forget trilogy EA have different plans.

kingvercetti

I played it for about 6 hours then just stopped, got bored and simply forgot I owned it. In fact, I thought I'd traded it in until I looked at my bookcase-of-games a few seconds ago and saw it sitting there. I'll probably finish it some time, I just find most RPGs boring.

user posted image

user posted image

Vercetti21

F*ck that, I'm not going to force myself to play a game that I become bored with after about 4 hours of play. I'm not into RPG's much, but the game looked great to me before it was released. Perhaps I didn't give the story much of a chance, but I absolutely hated the gameplay. Such a dissapointment.

GodfatherITB

I didn't really enjoy Mass Effect all too much. And now that I have GTA IV, it's all I can play for the time being. I love it too much to put it down. smile.gif

Oblivionz

I beat the storyline, but the side missions didn't really keep me entertained. If the sequel is any good, I'll give it a shot.

kdr9l4.png

Andrewbot

I did 3 play throughs, regular, hardcore, and insane, finishing each one in under 24 hours. My first play through as a soldier/Biotic was fun, but I can honestly say I enjoyed playing as a pure Engineer (for playthroughs 2 and 3) the most. AI Hacking made the battles fun, so did neural shock.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achieve...3a%15%18*iAr%09

I got a lot of the achievements, and am planning on doing the rest some time this summer. What stinks is I have to do pure soldier and pure biotic to get the remaining ones, so that means like 2 more whole playthroughs.

I've completed it twice, and have just started going through it on Hardcore Difficulty.

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

Land Of Confusion

I've done several playthroughs, I'm going to do a hardcore difficulty, then insanity, I absolutely love this game, biotics and engineers rock, soldiers are pretty fun too.

GTA3Freak-2001

I finished it once and started a new play through but I gave it up when I got Burnout Paradise and now GTA IV. The game was good storywise but gameplay and other areas really let it down. I may get it on PC and play it more easily, that inventory on 360 was simply terrible and of course it will run better on my PC without those terrible texture delays.

Jonny_Tightlips

I couldn't stand the first ten minutes of this game. I hear it takes an hour or so to get past a whole bunch of the boring sh*t, but I really just couldn't stand it enough to be patient.

Just my two cents. Tear me apart. ph34r.gif

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

I loved the feel of this. Infact, I spent about 30 hours+ playing it. Once the storyline was over, I realised I couldn't finish the last side-missions. Which resulted in me never playing again.

Sad sad.gif

I didn't so much abandon the story line as I pretty much abandoned the PC port after reading this.

I was pretty set on buying this, it looked like they were actually going to do a decent port.

Digital Murders

GTA IV>Mass Effect

From what my friend tells me, I'm more than half-way through with Mass Effect, but the story just bores the hell out of me. The game play and graphics are all fine and dandy, but right now, I just can't see myself committing to it. The same thing happened with me in Assassin’s Creed, shiny and pretty as it was, it made me bored as f*ck.

But like most of you, I will eventually finish it.

user posted image

tuff_luv_capo
GTA IV>Mass Effect

From what my friend tells me, I'm more than half-way through with Mass Effect, but the story just bores the hell out of me. The game play and graphics are all fine and dandy, but right now, I just can't see myself committing to it. The same thing happened with me in Assassin’s Creed, shiny and pretty as it was, it made me bored as f*ck.

But like most of you, I will eventually finish it.

Yea, it has lost its original touch on me, but I know when II and III come out, it's gonna be a regret to have not finished it.

Tiny Gift Manual

Man, I loved that game, especially the music... y'know the old school, creepy electro symphonic sh*t. I'm prob gonna start that game up again for a second playthrough.

Edit: just found this remix... sounds awesome. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gangsta8d9

Ronmar The Only

I loved Mass Effect. Bioware knows their sh*t as far as I am concerned. I will probably play through it again here in a month or so to work on the achievements and set up game saves for the future installments.

The only game I can completely say I gave up on is Xenosaga...and I don't honestly know. I would go back and play through it, but I would have to buy it again. Luckily I still have the strategy guide.

original gangster
I didn't so much abandon the story line as I pretty much abandoned the PC port after reading this.

I was pretty set on buying this, it looked like they were actually going to do a decent port.

Luckily they're not using it anymore due to feedback.

It's a brilliant game, and you people should try to play through it at least once for the storyline. Still far from perfect, the major fault being that it doesn't run too well on the 360; My 360 sounds like it wants to die whenever I'm playing it and the texture pop-up is crazy. If I had a better PC and wanted to play through it again, I'd def go for the PC version when it's out.