Camera is WAY TO SLOW in tracking Vehicle..

iristrauma

iristrauma

Is anybody else finding the camera in GTA IV that gives you the view from behind the car you are in, far to slow in keeping up with returning to the "REAR" position of the vehicle as you turn corners and spin around etc. Almost all of the time when driving, the camera is not pointing the way you are travelling, rather always trying to catch up with the "Directly Behind Vehicle View" making it impossible to see what is ahead of you. There clearly should be a locked camera option and the default camera position is terrible considering you spend most of your time in that view. It simply needs to be much faster in returning to behind vehicle and possibly not off-set to the left driver position and a little higher.

What are your thoughts on this guys..? rolleyes.gif

mahatmahatma

Well, since the accelerate/brake buttons and all that are now on the shoulders (I'm talking ps3 here) my right thumb is free to manipulate the right stick (= camera), so I can catch up as the car goes round, look around freely.

It is a bit annoying, but it's been like that since GTA III. Try switching to the dashboard view, or the zoomed out view, which will give you a little more perspective when cornering.

Otherwise, if you're on ps3, try getting into the hang of using the right stick CONSTANTLY. I'm still working out the kinks in the control system but it's fairly intuitive.

Anyone know what the difference is between the handbrake camera on and off as I tried it today and couldnt notice out apart from less jerking when it panned wit it off?

when turning using the hand brake (RB on 360) the camera stays the same direction you are moving instead of pointed with it on.

If i'm having trouble with the camera and need it to be centered fast I just push Right stick button (R3 on PS3) to look behind and when it looks back to in front of you it will be centered again

iristrauma

The simple fact of the matter, forcing us to use the right stick to keep the view in line and behind the vehicle is just plain silly suicidal.gif and clearly not necessary, plus having this new feature of the camera is asking us to multitask in the most extreme situations where instant response in needed based on the current view IE: Driving live a nutter and taking a basic corner only to have the camera face 90 degrees to the side of the car before it even decides to spin back around to the rear. Its totaly rubbish as it is. Same goes for on foot. It is pretty bad but not as profound as driving. I would ask for a patch to address camera functionality and possibly give us some proper options to set it how us players like it. Simple.. dontgetit.gif

The simple fact of the matter, forcing us to use the right stick to keep the view in line and behind the vehicle is just plain silly suicidal.gif and clearly not necessary, plus having this new feature of the camera is asking us to multitask in the most extreme situations where instant response in needed based on the current view IE: Driving live a nutter and taking a basic corner only to have the camera face 90 degrees to the side of the car before it even decides to spin back around to the rear. Its totaly rubbish as it is. Same goes for on foot. It is pretty bad but not as profound as driving. I would ask for a patch to address camera functionality and possibly give us some proper options to set it how us players like it. Simple.. dontgetit.gif

It's to train you to learn how to shoot while driving too. Since you are always shooting towards the center of where the camera is looking, start getting used to manipulating the camera so you are able to get easier shots when you need them. Because you can shoot through glass in cars, it's important to get that finesse up. That's something you didn't have to worry about in San Andreas.