R* could have done way more...

Charlie_Br0wn85

Charlie_Br0wn85

Now, I hope I don't get in trouble for this...but looking at the torrent file for the game...I realized it was only just under 7 GB's worth of space.

Now you still have over a GB left to fill up the disc.

So I'm wondering...why didn't Rockstar give us more things to do with the money we earn? I mean I'm sitting at 300 000 right now...and I can't buy anything besides weapons...and that's already maxed out...I just pick up the weapons of the people I kill.

Why couldn't they add vehicle customization and more clothes? Perhaps being able to buy property...or stuff like that. I would've liked that MORE than this whole 'internet dating' thing. Really...while it makes it 'realistic'...the whole point of the game is to shoot sh*t up and have fun. But when you're constantly getting called by random characters to go watch video game strippers...it's annoying.

I think they went TOO REALISTIC with this game and almost made it a CHORE to do certain activities. While the missions themselves are fun...other stuff in the game like hanging out with characters for no reason and internet dating...are completely useless in the game.

In fact...it's gotten to the point where 'money' is not the reason I want to do the missions.

That's a huge difference from San Andreas...is that you WANTED money to buy more stuff. That's why you did the missions...side missions...etc. Because you wanted money.

Here...what do you need money for? Nothing fun.

Now, I hope I don't get in trouble for this...but looking at the torrent file for the game...I realized it was only just under 7 GB's worth of space.

So I'm wondering...why didn't Rockstar give us more things to do with the money we earn? I mean I'm sitting at 300 000 right now...and I can't buy anything besides weapons...and that's already maxed out...I just pick up the weapons of the people I kill.

Why couldn't they add vehicle customization and more clothes? Perhaps being able to buy property...or stuff like that. I would've liked that MORE than this whole 'internet dating' thing. Really...while it makes it 'realistic'...the whole point of the game is to shoot sh*t up and have fun. But when you're constantly getting called by random characters to go watch video game strippers...it's annoying.

I think they went TOO REALISTIC with this game and almost made it a CHORE to do certain activities. While the missions themselves are fun...other stuff in the game like hanging out with characters for no reason and internet dating...are completely useless in the game.

In fact...it's gotten to the point where 'money' is not the reason I want to do the missions.

That's a huge difference from San Andreas...is that you WANTED money to buy more stuff. That's why you did the missions...side missions...etc. Because you wanted money.

Nothing quite takes the taste out of peanut-butter like unrequited love.

Oh and cocksmuggling barrels of douche like you.... who GTAIV was obviously an afterthought for.

If you're not expecting any negative reactions then you'd best go bury your head in the sand and pray to your God for forgiveness. Shame on you for coming to a forum where many of us actually work for a f*cking living to pay for video games that support further endeavors by their proprieters in their collective fields. We've been waiting for this game for years, and have known for quite some time that these things weren't going to be implemented. You have this air about you that you, by chance, stumbled onto a torrent site (while looking for hentai, undoubtedly) only to see GTAIV! GET'ER HERE!

I havn't said anything in any of the other threads complaining, meh, not my garden to dig. But you just happened to bring up piracy. Yeah, f*ck I admit it. I ripped Duke Nukem 3D 10 years after it came out, but you sir are on a whole entirely new level of cocksuckery.

"Oh but I have a Job, I just have bills to pay." Get a better f*cking job. You obviously had the cash to mod your 360 supposing that it's still hardware based. Not only do you rip the game for free, but in a paradigm reeking of croissant pockets and virginity, you actually complain that you have too much money in the game. whatsthat.gif

Lock and ban this f*cktard. Someone who is complaining about the game of the decade that got it for free.

Edit: And for the small possibility that you actually did buy this game and by some magical chance you just wandered onto a torrent site that you had no idea existed, please don't excuse this post. I still don't like you. Or anyone else that calls this game a 'Chore'

Edited by NedStark

Bboighst48

Oh and cocksmuggling barrels of douche like you.... who GTAIV was obviously an afterthought for.

If you're not expecting any negative reactions then you'd best go bury your head in the sand and pray to your God for forgiveness. Shame on you for coming to a forum where many of us actually work for a f*cking living to pay for video games that support further endeavors by their proprieters in their collective fields. We've been waiting for this game for years, and have known for quite some time that these things weren't going to be implemented. You have this air about you that you, by chance, stumbled onto a torrent site (while looking for hentai, undoubtedly) only to see GTAIV! GET'ER HERE!

I havn't said anything in any of the other threads complaining, meh, not my garden to dig. But you just happened to bring up piracy. Yeah, f*ck I admit it. I ripped Duke Nukem 3D 10 years after it came out, but you sir are on a whole entirely new level of cocksuckery.

"Oh but I have a Job, I just have bills to pay." Get a better f*cking job. You obviously had the cash to mod your 360 supposing that it's still hardware based. Not only do you rip the game for free, but in a paradigm reeking of croissant pockets and virginity, you actually complain that you have too much money in the game. whatsthat.gif

Lock and ban this f*cktard. Someone who is complaining about the game of the decade that got it for free.

you're a f*cking idiot .. seriously.. stfu and show some respect.

every member has the right to state his opinion.

I too agree that R* went overboard with the realism in this game.. leaving out a lot of the things that made san andreas fun.

I'll just say that I wish it wasn't simultaneously released on both consoles, that way they could have used up the full potential of the blu-ray disc and made the game way better. Also, you really didn't need to do the missions to get money to buy more stuff in SA or any of the old games, that's what the money cheat is for, and I know a lot of people didn't even play the whole game, just got distracted by all the other b.s. that was in the game, so from that point of view I think rockstar did better this game, now the focus is on doing missions. With that said, it doesn't take away from the game because you are always busy doing other stuff too, maintaining relationships, internet, side missions, or just exploring.

you're a f*cking idiot .. seriously.. stfu and show some respect.

every member has the right to state his opinion.

I too agree that R* went overboard with the realism in this game.. leaving out a lot of the things that made san andreas fun.

Show some respect? My opinion is as legal as sniffing my own farts. His pirating of copyrighted software, however, is another matter.

If he did infact get this game for free, he can at least keep his f*cking mouth shut about it.

I'm going to hop on the bandwagon, and tell you to f*ck off and go play the 'other' GTA.

ducic the 4th

why are a couple of folks not really satisfied bout the side things... ?

cause im kinda unhappy till really disappointed bout the main missions / gameplay. which is more important i think.

i really like the game, and the years of waiting was more n less worth it, but why did they dont push it nearer to the limits?

i mean: no higher wanted level than 3 or 4, (in one mission with the FBI, wow..) why no 5 or 6?

why no more battles on the streets, full with pedestrians and traffic ? why do the bad guys never use a Rocket luncher ?

why no more heli-chases, or heli battles, the annihilator in the last mission is useless, fly for 10 seconds, and that was it?

Come on!!

i mean: there are just bout 3 missions, that are kinda special, the bike chase trough the metro system, the bank robbery and the final mission... (and even at these 3, it can be pushed more, i didnt get why they dont have a lot more missions like these, i mean: the city is made for that and space, i think, is more than enough..

is it not just the packed size in torrent ? u need to dl and unpack, ill bet its a little bit bigger size ? dunno cant? have absolutely no experiance with piracy, and dont ave and xbox to try it out tounge.gif

Charlie_Br0wn85

First of all Ned, I never said I pirated this copy...I simply looked at the torrent on a website which showed the file size...that's all.

I have the original copy...I purchased the Special Edition...because I TOO am a fan of the series.

So suck my dick if you feel like making wild accusations out of your retarded little immagination.

I work for a living...for a bank actually. So spending 90 dollars on a video game package is nothing to me.

The only reason why I was on a torrent site is because I was searching for some of the russian songs played in the game that I can't find anywhere.

So kindly...f*ck right off.

Anyways, it was an opinion...gobble on my knob if you're a fan boy who can't think straight long enough to give me a straight answer.

It's not the size of the file, but what you do with it.

Oh, and if your looking to avoid fanboys who can't think past the R* cock in their mouths, your in the wrong place.

Charlie_Br0wn85
why are a couple of folks not really satisfied bout the side things... ?

cause im kinda unhappy till really disappointed bout the main missions / gameplay. which is more important i think.

i really like the game, and the years of waiting was more n less worth it, but why did they dont push it nearer to the limits?

i mean: no higher wanted level than 3 or 4, (in one mission with the FBI, wow..) why no 5 or 6?

why no more battles on the streets, full with pedestrians and traffic ? why do the bad guys never use a Rocket luncher ?

why no more heli-chases, or heli battles, the annihilator in the last mission is useless, fly for 10 seconds, and that was it?

Come on!!

i mean: there are just bout 3 missions, that are kinda special, the bike chase trough the metro system, the bank robbery and the final mission... (and even at these 3, it can be pushed more, i didnt get why they dont have a lot more missions like these, i mean: the city is made for that and space, i think, is more than enough..

No, don't get me wrong...the missions I actually enjoy. Same with the driving...the cut scenes...etc.

But my only issue is...if it weren't for these things...nothing really motivates you to finish the missions once you beat that bank heist mission. You get 250 000 for that...and then what? You never have money issues again. Your safe houses are given to you...you can't customize cars...and the clothes they offer...sucks.

All I'm saying is...this game could've offered a little extra for all that money.

Charlie_Br0wn85

It's not the size of the file, but what you do with it.

Oh, and if your looking to avoid fanboys who can't think past the R* cock in their mouths, your in the wrong place.

I noticed...dude probably has a life size poster of Niko Bellic in his room...with cum stains all over it from fantasizing and whatnot.

Whatever though...I don't even have a modded xbox...I've paid for every game I've played...and I play a lot on my free time. So I can complain as much as I f*cking want to. Little ned needs to learn that we're not all clinging onto Rockstar's pubes like he is.

gtafan88883

I suspected Rockstar didnt use the whole disc space, it looks like they cut corners with the development to get it out on time, the game doesnt feel its on a next gen platform

Try to unpack it and see what happens

Edited by Vutnock

But my only issue is...if it weren't for these things...nothing really motivates you to finish the missions once you beat that bank heist mission. You get 250 000 for that...and then what? You never have money issues again. Your safe houses are given to you...you can't customize cars...and the clothes they offer...sucks.

All I'm saying is...this game could've offered a little extra for all that money.

What makes the situation unbearable for me is the media elevating this game to godhood. It stifles creativity and means we will get force fed more hype and less substance.

I don't see how so many people can say the game (or any game for that matter) is PERFECT AND IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPROVE UPON. That's my issue.

Charlie_Br0wn85

7.6 GB's eh...damn.

It really doesn't feel like a lot when you play the game though. But now that I think of it...I haven't taken into consideration the multiplayer...etc.

<snip>

No I don't have an xbox

No please don't ask

You're a douchbag.... 'black'

<snip>

No I don't have an xbox

No please don't ask

You're a douchbag.... 'black'

I love you too

gtafan88883

The game mags and websites made a lot of money out of gta4 because of the interest in it. If you go on to metacritic.com the user scores are a step down from the critics, its usually the other way round

GeneticallySuperior

Yeah initially I was astounded by the game. Just with how everything looked, the atmosphere and the physics engine. The sound is really great, it was awesome initially meeting people and doing side missions and activities, the random encounters, toying with the police and cell phone. A lot was tossed at you right away and it was unbelievable, but now a few days later it's like, nothing really is pushing the envelope. No lasting appeal.

I'm a hardcore gamer, I don't want to beat a game in a couple days. They can wrap the story up in a couple days, it doesn't have to be too long. But think of some ways to keep people coming back, we do have to wait like 3 years for the next one, I don't want to be bored of it in a week or 2.

Edited by GeneticallySuperior

gtaanthony
the game doesnt feel its on a next gen platform

Sometimes I think some people are vission impared. Can some people really not see the differences between GTA 3 series and GTA IV?

the game doesnt feel its on a next gen platform

Sometimes I think some people are vission impared. Can some people really not see the differences between GTA 3 series and GTA IV?

Who said anything about not being able to see the difference?

Whoeevrs talking about money and missions, I do the missions for the story, not for the money. they took a few thigns out, put a few thigns in. Not everyone is going to like the changes. So instead of moaning about it, Go play games you like instead o moaning how this game could have been better. The game is out and nothing is going to change that. They will notice that this game ahsnt offered what somepeople have wanted and will go onj to build on it for their next games.

I think the reason it's getting 10/10 reviews across the board is because Liberty City is... y'know... the best realised gameworld yet built, and... y'know... 'cause the car-chases and shoot-outs put most Hollywood action movies to shame. And 'cause it's raised the bar for gaming as a whole, and will bring many new people into gaming, both as players and makers, and be remembered as a milestone in gaming for decades to come.

So yeah, it deserves those 10/10 reviews.

The user scores on metacritic are posted by 12-year-olds who hate the game 'cause the strippers don't come out of the screen and blow you, or because the graphics aren't as photorealistic as say, real-life or 'cause it doesn't have the pound-one-button-for-ten-hours-to-edit-your-pretend-person mode (which must be the single greatest gaming experience since the ET on the Atari 2600). "Other people think it's perfect, and it isn't" they cry, and score it 1/10 to balance all those 'fawning' reviews that 'they must have been paid to write'.

Get over yourselves. You're not supposed to sit in a sandbox and wait to be drip-fed your entertainment. That's just a sign of an atrophied imagination.

And, as for the game not taking up every byte on the disk... WTF? Do you use the same criteria for albums on CD? Movies on DVD? Food? "I'm not eating that! Only 87% of my plate is full." [insert weak, single-word insult here]

I sort of agree, I havent even done the bank job mission yet and I'm still loaded... I would of liked some more clothes or something (whats the point in having 2 perseus stores aswell?) to spend my money on other than guns. Just with so many stores being advertised on the internet (there's hundreds of clothes brands on the internet) I just wish I'd be able to interact with them some how.

gtaanthony
I think the reason it's getting 10/10 reviews across the board is because Liberty City is... y'know... the best realised gameworld yet built, and... y'know... 'cause the car-chases and shoot-outs put most Hollywood action movies to shame. And 'cause it's raised the bar for gaming as a whole, and will bring many new people into gaming, both as players and makers, and be remembered as a milestone in gaming for decades to come.

The user scores on metacritic are posted by 12-year-olds who hate the game 'cause the strippers don't come out of the screen and blow you, or because the graphics aren't as photorealistic as say, real-life or 'cause it doesn't have the pound-one-button-for-ten-hours-to-edit-your-pretend-person mode (which must be the single greatest gaming experience since the ET on the Atari 2600). "Other people think it's perfect, and it isn't" they cry, and score it 1/10 to balance all those 'fawning' reviews that 'they must have been paid to write'.

Get over yourselves. You're not supposed to sit in a sandbox and wait to be drip-fed your entertainment. That's just a sign of an atrophied imagination.

And, as for the game not taking up every byte on the disk... WTF? Do you use the same criteria for albums on CD? Movies on DVD? Food? "I'm not eating that! Only 87% of my plate is full." [insert weak, single-word insult here]

agreed.

Yep, you're right. What am I thinking?

This game cannot be improved upon. There is no reason for DLC or another sequel. They have achieved platonic perfection.

This game cannot be improved upon. There is no reason for DLC or another sequel. They have achieved platonic perfection.

What?? It can easily be improved.

For example, the real world would have bicycles...this game doesn't.

Therefor for jsut that one reason alone it isn't the most PERFECT game ever and should get the most a 9.9/10...not the perfect 10.

No game should ever get a 10 I doubt.

gtaanthony

What?? It can easily be improved.

For example, the real world would have bicycles...this game doesn't.

Therefor for jsut that one reason alone it isn't the most PERFECT game ever and should get the most a 9.9/10...not the perfect 10.

No game should ever get a 10 I doubt.

Uh, he was being sarcastic.... but yes, the game could have certainly been improved, but the bottom line is that ANY game can be improved. At some point development has to stop, if it didn't then the same people would be bitching that it's not released yet. For what it is, it's an amazing game, one of the best, and an amazing achievement as far as how dynamic the GTA IV world is.

Edited by gtaanthony