360 too loud!

CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi

I dont know what to do. My 360 is WAAAYYYYY too loud. I cant hear the game because it overpowers the sound. You can hear it in other rooms than the one its in and it seems to have gotten louder because its now giving me a headache. What should I do. I do not think its supposed to be this load but dont know. I would guess not.

Hmm.

A number of things to take into consideration... You say other rooms? Well how big are these rooms? The smaller the room the more you're going to hear it.

Also look at what surfaces you have the 360 on.. And is there surrounding spaces for it? It's very easy to say it's too hot and the fan is working overtime, but look at everything.

its the fans in the xbox, the game takes alot of power and the xbox needs to be cool. if you want to fix this problem buy a 360 intercooler

CheatingSoi

I know, its in a small room, but i move it too a large open room also. Its still very loud. I dont think its the fan, I think its the disk drive but dunno. oh and its on carpet. Im pretty sure my friends 360 is quieter but dunno cuz havnt tested in the same rooms

I know, its in a small room, but i move it too a large open room also. Its still very loud. I dont think its the fan, I think its the disk drive but dunno. oh and its on carpet. Im pretty sure my friends 360 is quieter but dunno cuz havnt tested in the same rooms

i have the same prob, i thought it was the disk drive 1st but then i found out it was the fans

CheatingSoi

How do I know if its the drive or fans? Also would the a 360 fan cooler thing automatically make the fans not run as loud?

Run the console while playing an arcade live game in it (without a disk in).

After a while stick a disk in. If the sound goes up dramatically then it's likely to be the drive.