[IV|WIP] OpenIV project

GooD-NTS

Any updates? quackler.com hasn't been updated in ages. tounge.gif

Uhh.. I've been busy with life n stuff. tounge.gif

If you really want an update... here's a picture.. courtesy of steve-m... smile.gif

user posted image

Highly detailed.. although I've realized its a waste of time trying to decode the texture/model formats because they're going to be changing with a PC version (if there ever is one).

The script files on the other hand are very very interesting and theres very little to be wasted by working on them now. I might be open to giving access to the online script viewer to some people if you're really interested in documenting some of the variables and can read C-like code. Could also use people who have a lot of PHP/Smarty/Web2.0 experience to work on it (the guy that was supposed to help me is slacking off!).

This weapon is from GTA IV?

although I've realized its a waste of time trying to decode the texture/model formats because they're going to be changing with a PC version (if there ever is one).

No one said that there will be PC version, and if there will, still, why shouldn't we mod console versions? tounge2.gif

Awesome work however!

aru, how you did it?

Is it only one model you can/could "open" so far or are cars, character & pedestrian models also "openable"?

Alexander Blade

all models r openable

Can we open Uranus model?

all models r openable

So, what are you guys waiting for? Niko in Liberty City, Vice City and even San Andreas!

=)

Alexander Blade

biggrin.gif

we can't use it ))

• 2 weeks later...

City_Poke912, look in my blog smile.gif

GooD-NTS, can you published a OpenIV and all files from data, please!!

In handling.dat i found a hidden code of SWAT

#SWAT 2500.0 2.0 80 0.0 0.0 -0.3 0.5 5 0.20 1.0 160.0 0.5 0.50 0.7 35.0 0.95 0.75 10.0 0.15 0.5 1.5 1.3 1.0 0.20 -0.20 0.0 0.5 1.0 1.0 0.8 1.5 0.25 40000 8 300000 2

That could be the NOOSE police cruisers?

EDiT: it wasnt. It's an unused handling line. ph34r.gif

GooD-NTS, can you published a OpenIV and all files from data, please!!

No.

Can you give a carcols.dat, hud.dat and hudcolor.dat?

Please!

Really great work. cookie.gif

What does gta.dat contains? I'm pretty much sure there is content which we

called IDE and IPL lines before, should be something similar to that i think.

Safe_Badger

What does this do really? Im sorry I don't have time to look through 9 pages as I'm VERY busy atm, is it a PC mod or something? I realise it gets the data from gta iv.

gamerzworld
What does this do really? Im sorry I don't have time to look through 9 pages as I'm VERY busy atm, is it a PC mod or something? I realise it gets the data from gta iv.

Who said you had to look at 9 pages? One look at the FIRST page and you could tell what this topic is about.

Can you give a carcols.dat, hud.dat and hudcolor.dat?

Not now, maybe later...

What does gta.dat contains?

Something like this http://openiv.sannybuilder.com/?p=11

Safe_Badger

Who said you had to look at 9 pages? One look at the FIRST page and you could tell what this topic is about.

Right so from that, I've got that OpenRPF opens GTAIV files. And that GTAIV was released a few days ago. And none of that is really an answer now, is it?

gamerzworld

Right so from that, I've got that OpenRPF opens GTAIV files. And that GTAIV was released a few days ago. And none of that is really an answer now, is it?

I've got that OpenRPF opens GTAIV files.

Congratulations! You just answered your own question. The topic is about opening GTAIV files.

user posted image

smile.gif

Whoa! Can you open all textures?

When you publish this great tool?