[IV|WIP] OpenIV project

GooD-NTS

Thanks UZI, can you at least verify if it is or isn't a method of XORing, etc? I'd hate to think its AES or something.

Also, I'm pretty sure the images from the loading screens consist of background image and then several transparent overlays; to achieve the effect of the slow glide of the different onscreen elements, that's why no policeman is in graphic posted by aru.

Alexander Blade
Thanks UZI, can you at least verify if it is or isn't a method of XORing, etc? I'd hate to think its AES or something.

Also, I'm pretty sure the images from the loading screens consist of background image and then several transparent overlays; to achieve the effect of the slow glide of the different onscreen elements, that's why no policeman is in graphic posted by aru.

this is that smthimg ))

Start hating =P You're right about the overlays though -- that's just one small part of the full artwork from the loading screens. The full artwork can be seen here. The texture was originally 1024x1024, so I presume the full artwork on the screen must be quite detailed.

Whats funny though is that this loading screen artwork never shows up in the 360 version (maybe it does on the PS3). There are 6 loading screens defined on the 360, but only 3 of them show up -- it jumps into ingame mode after the first 3.

Also, you guys should be saying good work listener! He was the one that figured it out. (lets try not to spam him now tounge.gif)

Actually yeah, I have both Ps3 and x360 versions of the game; it does load on the 360 faster, and usually shows 2 or 3 less loading screens than the ps3.

AES for real? The obvious followup is how on earth did you figure out the key? Is it somewhere in the xex file?

Alexander Blade

edited

*post only*

Edited by Alexander Blade

AES for real? The obvious followup is how on earth did you figure out the key? Is it somewhere in the xex file?

Well, I meant "Start hating" because its not XOR? =P

But to answer your question... perhaps it is, perhaps it's not? However, I do know some nice things by heart. ph34r.gif

And I rather not have these nice things haunt me.

Well, I meant "Start hating" because its not XOR? =P

But to answer your question... perhaps it is, perhaps it's not? However, I do know some nice things by heart. ph34r.gif

And I rather not have these nice things haunt me.

They arrested you much earlier biggrin.gif chicken

i love you, when its out im dloading the leaked version and ima help with some mods smile.gif

Do you really think that kind of posts are useful to such a research topic ?

We don't care if you're loving him, plus we also don't care if you're a piracy lover. Reported. rampage_ani.gif

That topic is mainly polluted by people who flood it with useless spam, russian bullsh*t text, making it hard to stay on topic.

user posted image...

moto_whistle.gif

Is that the size the file came in? If it's bigger in the original res, this is probably one of the images used in the start screen. As to why there isn't the officers head there, they use layers on the images to get that sliding effect at the start up loading screen.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Figured out the swizzling, dxt3/5 decoding, etc thanks to listener and REspawn.. More on the blog. I also posted some info about the scripting system used in IV a couple of days back for those who are interested.

Its just easier to post stuff like this onto a blog than a forum topic, so I'm just going to continue posting there and I'll stop spamming here (heh). It has a rss feed if you're really interested in keeping track: here.

Just a post to say thank you Aru.

Your blog and your posts are very interesting.

I want to see and use the textures from IV, just like when SA was out and the first textures begans to be extractable.

There are so much funny pictures, posters, stickers, ... all over liberty city.

Keep on this way dude!

I don't have cookie to give to you, so accept a cold beer instead smile.gif

I found a reflection shader from IV.

Its a code

shader gta_normal__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader gta_normal_cubemap_reflect shader gta_normal__rage_drawbucket {int 3}	shader gta_normal_decal__rage_drawbucket {int 2}	shader gta_normal_reflect shader gta_normal_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader gta_normal_reflect_decal__rage_drawbucket {int 2}	shader gta_normal_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 3}	shader gta_normal__rage_drawbucket {int 3}	shader gta_normal_spec shader gta_normal_spec__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader gta_normal_spec_cubemap_reflectshader gta_normal_spec_decal__rage_drawbucket {int 2}	shader gta_normal_spec_reflect shader gta_normal_spec_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	ÁŃ	€0Ŕď˛CgpˇGLck•4⇸»wc•bžkúé‡4ŚËnK3SiL€K5—gľu·Č/SÚzä‰éKL?ÁÁ€0 Ŕ·$ěŔîC°ĹÚŘV¨ăîŢů&YŤJŹĂş4öS›®MS°öę^o%f“˘śMžĺJ»˝SA3Â7!üÁÁ€0 Ŕ·$ěŔÎC°ĹÚŘV¨ăîŢů&YŤJŹĂş4öS›®MS°öę^o%f“˘śMžĺJ»˝SA3Â7!üÁÁ€   Ŕ7MşC¸OSˇĐ´UĆÝ˝łĘY4gš‡îd§$RŮş$'ͬÝ2[©Ž@¤\„˛ňł^iŹ/BhÓă‚đ„ÁÁ€   Ŕ7MşK8OSˇĐ´UĆÝ˝łĘY4gš‡îd§$RŮş$'ͬÝ2[©Ž@¤\„˛ňł^iŹ/BhÓă‚đ„shader gta_normal_spec__rage_drawbucket {int 3}	shader gta_parallax shader gta_parallax_specmap shader gta_parallax_steep shader gta_ped shader gta_ped__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader gta_ped_reflectshader gta_ped_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 1}shader gta_ped_skinshader gta_ped_skin_blendshapeshader gta_radar shader gta_reflect shader gta_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader gta_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 2}	shader gta_rmptfx_mesh__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader gta_spec shader gta_spec__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader rage_defaultshader gta_spec__rage_drawbucket {int 2}	shader gta_spec_reflect shader gta_spec_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 1}	shader gta_spec_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 2}	shader gta_spec_reflect__rage_drawbucket {int 3}	shader gta_spec__rage_drawbucket {int 3}	shader gta_terrain_va_2lyr shader gta_terrain_va_3lyr shader gta_terrain_va_4lyr shader gta_trees__rage_drawbucket {int 3}shader gta_defaultshader gta_vehicle_badges__rage_drawbucket {int 1}shader gta_vehicle_basic+ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤOÎ(ĘĎMĺĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/R¨ćĺâLËÉO,Q0Đ32 ^®Z„$iC shader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_vehicle_disc__rage_drawbucket {int 1}shader gta_vehicle_genericshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_vehicle_interiorshader gta_vehicle_interior2+ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŃé9‰ĹĹĽ\ńńE‰é©ń)E‰ĺIĄÉŮ©%ŐĽ\ś™y%†Ľ\µĽ\  ÁÁ€  Đ3Mş+8QSáŃ­x0îî{޵bć*ÝĘ€k=§ąŰ“ČÔ©Sźý."żLÉ®ČÓ—~shader gta_vehicle_meshshader gta_vehicle_paint1__rage_drawbucket {int 29}	shader gta_vehicle_paint1__rage_drawbucket {int 30}	+ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤ/HĚĚ+1äĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/R¨ćĺâLËÉO,Q0Đ345 ^®Z„"$yCT)#·ÄäL ŠaŔ6x敤ćg–T"ĄgV  +ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤ/HĚĚ+1âĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/R¨ćĺâLËÉO,Q0Đ345 ^®Z„"$yCT)#·ÄäL ŠaŔ6x敤ćg–T"ĄgV  +ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤ/HĚĚ+1ćĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/R¨ćĺâLËÉO,Q0Đ345 ^®Z„"$yCT)#·ÄäL ŠaŔ6x敤ćg–T"ĄgV  +ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤ/ĘĚ-6äĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/R¨ćĺâLËÉO,Q0Đ32 ^®Z„$iC +ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤ/ĘĚ-6ä劏/JLOŤO)J,O*MÎN-Q¨ćĺâĚĚ+Q0ćĺŞĺäĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/K¦ĺä'–(č PB’´ˇD+ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤ/ĘĚ-6âĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/R¨ćĺâLËÉO,Q0Đ32 ^®Z„$iC shader gta_vehicle_rubber+ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŤ/Î(-)ćĺ.HM.ÍI,rÎĎÉ/R¨ćĺâLËÉO,Q0Đ36 ^®Z„"$yC shader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_defaultshader gta_vehicle_tire+ÎHLI-RH/IŚ/KÍČLÎIŃé9‰ĹĹĽ\ńńE‰é©ń)E‰ĺIĄÉŮ©%ŐĽ\ś™y%†Ľ\µśĽ\Á©ÉĄ9‰EÎů9ůE`É´śüÄ=CS  ŞB(B’7´€H

OpenIV - Disign Preview:

Good work icon14.gif

Edited by user21043

GamerSuper

ðîò ìíå íîãè, ôàê ìîé ìîçã! I'm David Blaine. Wanna see some street magic? http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=4VaFC6hljfs

Edited by GamerSuper

The best gamer in the world.

ðîò ìíå íîãè, ôàê ìîé ìîçã, ÷òî çà õóéíÿ? ¨ìàíàðîò, âàëèì îòñþäà!

Code your own tools !

Or wait... Like the other MANY people wink.gif

OpenIV - Disign Preview:

user posted image

ðîò ìíå íîãè, ôàê ìîé ìîçã! I'm David Blaine. Wanna see some street magic?

No, speak english as well.

gamerzworld

OpenIV - Disign Preview:

user posted image

Very nice design! Are you going to support textures? If so, it would be nice if there was a little preview box added to the right side to preview the texture in case someone is just scrolling down the list to find a certain texture.

Edited by gamerzworld

I'm guessing some alterations to an Xbox 360 console would be required if we were to actually get modified content ingame?

Surely it's not possible to edit the files that are on the games disk and then play it on the console?

GamerSuper

Very nice design! Are you going to support textures? If so, it would be nice if there was a little preview box added to the right side to preview the texture in case someone is just scrolling down the list to find a certain texture.

Yeah, it's great! Can't wait for your tool, bro.

No, I don't think he is gonna support textures cause it's a VERY hard format.

I'm guessing some alterations to an Xbox 360 console would be required if we were to actually get modified content ingame?

Surely it's not possible to edit the files that are on the games disk and then play it on the console?

I'm not sure we are able to discuss it here... It's possible to run modified game on console.

You need custom (modified) firmware in your console's drive and you should have blanc DVD+R DL 8.5 GB.

First you modify game (PM me for details, i can't speak about it here), than burn onto DVD+R DL and launch on your console. Every time you have to test modified game you have to waste a disc which is not very cheap (about $2-3 here, i dont know how it in England)...

But there is one rule: you're not able to modify executable file (defauld.xex) because of digital signature.

I already modified text in the game and launched on console- it works perfectly.

Look: http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/qMrhPIn6Yr.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/s0rLQt5ioE.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/gRJh3YVdTG.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/6ZlSgSDGvs.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/JNvR35SfIa.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/N6A5S2R6OS.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/RYjGXHOzYp.jpg

But for translation of a gem into Russian you have to repaint font file, and it's a problem now...

Edited by GamerSuper

Yeah, it's great! Can't wait for your tool, bro.

No, I don't think he is gonna support textures cause it's a VERY hard format.

I'm not sure we are able to discuss it here... It's possible to run modified game on console.

You need custom (modified) firmware in your console's drive and you should have blanc DVD+R DL 8.5 GB.

First you modify game (PM me for details, i can't speak about it here), than burn onto DVD+R DL and launch on your console. Every time you have to test modified game you have to waste a disc which is not very cheap (about $2-3 here, i dont know how it in England)...

But there is one rule: you're not able to modify executable file (defauld.xex) because of digital signature.

I already modified text in the game and launched on console- it works perfectly.

Look: http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/qMrhPIn6Yr.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/s0rLQt5ioE.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/gRJh3YVdTG.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/6ZlSgSDGvs.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/JNvR35SfIa.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/N6A5S2R6OS.jpg

http://ipicture.ru/uploads/080520/RYjGXHOzYp.jpg

But for translation of a gem into Russian you have to repaint font file, and it's a problem now...

my friend that is music to my ears especially them pics of the first mods on 360????

well done.

Alexander, GooD-NTS, Aru, Thanks for the whole info and tools! That's really was a breeze. I'll start to build the own toolkit in Delphi 7, when the GTA IV DVD will be shipped from Moscow. ^_^

---

I apologise to the administration and every single user here... for the next words, but all of you should know this one:

GamerSuper aka WultreX is SUCK. He is a F*CKIN' CONSOLE PIRATE. He steals the fansubbed localisations and sells them to "shady publishers". That's the reason why he was banned at the lots of Russian forums & game fansubbing sites. I'll give you a proof if you wish.

Also, his signature contains bad language (indirect translation: "Holy sh*t, f*ck my brains, whadda f*ck? F*ckin' mouth, let's get the hell out of here!").

Alexander, GooD-NTS, Aru, Thanks for the whole info and tools! That's really was a breeze. I'll start to build the own toolkit in Delphi 7, when the GTA IV DVD will be shipped from Moscow. ^_^

Cool. Can't wait for your tools. Are you interested in fan translation of GTAIV?

GamerSuper aka WultreX is SUCK.

Who is WultreX?

He is a F*CKIN' CONSOLE PIRATE.

I'm not a pirate. I just make copies of games for people who asks and ship it via post (for example people who're not able to buy legal copies 'cause they live in the far country etc)

He steals the fansubbed localisations and sells them to "shady publishers".

How many fansubbed Russian localisations for consoles do you know? I know only two: GTA SA for PS2 (which I (yes, I) ported from PC localisation) and Dragon Quest VIII from EXCLUSIVE group (I'm currently play it, very good translation). And I didn't sell any of these translations.

If you call "fansubbed translations" games which were translated and sold by pirates (quality of translation is bad, sometimes they crash and work incorrectly)... it's not localisation. Yes, it's good for people who doesn't understand English... But I don't sell em too!

And who are "shaddy publishers"? Why can't they just download localisations and use them, why should they buy it from me?

That's the reason why he was banned at the lots of Russian forums & game fansubbing sites.

banned? from which forums? please don't lie us.

and "banned from" would be correct, not "at".

Also, his signature contains bad language

And what's wrong? GTAIV also contains bad language. When you for example touch ped he can say "What a f**k?"And on Russian too ("÷òî çà õóéíÿ"). already forgot?

Edited by JernejL

I'm not a pirate. I just make copies of games for people who asks and ship it via post (for example people who're not able to buy legal copies 'cause they live in the far country etc)

How many fansubbed Russian localisations for consoles do you know? I know only two: GTA SA for PS2 (which I (yes, I) ported from PC localisation) and Dragon Quest VIII from EXCLUSIVE group (I'm currently play it, very good translation). And I didn't sell any of these translations.

That doesn't make it any less ILLEGAL, it is STILL ILLEGAL, and you are still making profits from other people's work!

Currently working on Top Down City Game, a classics top down game similar to GTA1 & GTA2: 

Thread Info: https://gtaforums.com/topic/911312-new-game-top-down-city/

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxGfOh3ld7Xm-ic3KEMB6iA 

Discord: https://discord.gg/UXmDPzS - join #bridge channel 

That doesn't make it any less ILLEGAL, it is STILL ILLEGAL, and you are still making profits from other people's work!

I know, but what should do people if they are not able to spend $50-80 for one game? Even for me (i live in Moscow) it's expensive and what about regions? So people shouldn't play? I make their lives easier.

I know, but what should do people if they are not able to spend $50-80 for one game? Even for me (i live in Moscow) it's expensive and what about regions? So people shouldn't play? I make their lives easier.

Oh yeah so it's fair for us, hardworking Western people to buy a game of 60$/50€ with our money we worked for.

Yeah I know, so other people like Russians from Moscow like you have the right to get illegal copies from the game and make money out of it.

-_- BIG SIGH!

• 3 weeks later...
Alexander Blade

all that can be open is already opened )