Iggy's a terrible DJ

Hobojoe4eva

Hobojoe4eva

Say what you want about Axel as a person tounge.gif

He was an awesome DJ they should've just got him to do it again, Iggy isn't funny at all he just makes me angry, AND ALONE! (omg shut up) idk he just pisses me off lol what do you guys think

Plus the station in itself isn't even as close to as good as K-DST was... They had some good bands but they songs they picked were horrible... ELO and Heart were good, Go Your Own Way w/ Fleetwood Mac would've been better than Stevie's Edge of Seventeen but that was still okay. the rest I was like wtf No GnR, AC/DC, Clapton, Rolling Stones... I mean come on you need some better bands and when you choose a good band like Queen choose one of their best songs like Don't Stop Me Now or Bohemian Rhapsody (idk if it would've been good for gta but whatev.) Classic Rock was a big disappointment for me after K-DST and Radio X which rocked so much_END RANT

88survivor

I really don't like some of the selections. Even K-DST and Radio X had better song choices than the ones in GTA4.

dont like LCHC its sh*t (I like hardcore but that was poor)

prefer Liberty rock one

user posted image

joshkinny

liberty rocks the only good station on there

worst soundtrack for a gta game ever

like really who listens to the journey!

theve tried to cater for everyone and it just hasnt worked should of stuck with bands we all know

the bands of liberty rock sound amazing but theve picked poor songs by each of the bands theve chosen, apart from queen

1979 by The smashing pumpkins isn't bad. But i started listening to Radio Broker instead.

Kthreeone

I just find it odd that Sam and Dan Houser didn't make more of the stations rock stations, considering that's their type. confused.gif

Rincewind01

I only listen to Integrity, Beat and Broker. The odd time i do put on Journey im like wtf is this even a music station?

Music is quite good, but not for a GTA game. The worst one, except for GTA LCS.

But:

Best one - Radio Broker & Liberty Rock ex aquo

Second best - Massive B Soundsystem, Real McCoy rocks, as well as couple of others.

Third best - Beat, the Kanye West's song is sweet, as well as the song used in Playboy X pre-release video, can't remember the name though.

88survivor

Axel might have people problems, but at least was entertaining as hell. He still could put on a hell of a show, too. Not as he use to, but still he beats Iggy Pop hands down. Iggy is just boring....even his interviews are boring as hell. Never was a fan of Iggy's music. I was more a Bowie fan than Iggy.

Journey is ambient music. Basically like synthesizers and such, but its chill music.

I am really saddened with liberty rock radio, it pretty much sucks.

There are only a few good song songs

edge of seventeen

evil woman

heaven and hell

new york groove

straight on

The beat is Ok but It seems whenever I switch to it the stupid little thing comes on saying "mister Cee up next with the hit "Top down" I hate that stupid song after hearing it 50 times. Then it plays kanye west which I have heard 50 times also.

Fusion has one cool song, The Edge by David McCallum, its the best in the song Dr Dre - Next episode.

I am pretty disappointed with the radio in gta4.

88survivor

Kayne West. I dislike his music! He is practically like another Michael Jackson wannabe, just like Timberlake himself. I am sorry, folks, but he is like another guy that I can't stand vocally. Sorry to this those that like this guy's music, but he is very hard to take seriously, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Hobojoe4eva
Journey is ambient music. Basically like synthesizers and such, but its chill music.

I am really saddened with liberty rock radio, it pretty much sucks.

There are only a few good song songs

edge of seventeen

evil woman

heaven and hell

new york groove

straight on

The beat is Ok but It seems whenever I switch to it the stupid little thing comes on saying "mister Cee up next with the hit "Top down" I hate that stupid song after hearing it 50 times. Then it plays kanye west which I have heard 50 times also.

Fusion has one cool song, The Edge by David McCallum, its the best in the song Dr Dre - Next episode.

I am pretty disappointed with the radio in gta4.

Exactly those are the only songs I'd keep too... they should add more tracks in a dlc pack and add a thing like EA sports games where you can decide what songs play and which ones don't from the options.

AntiPersonnel

i somehow doubt the celebrity DJ's in this game "pick" which songs they "spin". they were most likely just handed a check by rockstar while reading off a script in a recording booth.

Iggy seems under pressure to be funny, but I still respect him... He's not more normally funny then he is honest in what he says, and I think it still reflects him as a person.

AXEL ROSE??? I don't get that one? AXL ROSE, now that makes sense. Not all the SA radio was downright funny either. Rockstar have to deal with a lot of humor the game over, in a rather short period of time. Classic comedy takes years... really, under a time line it's tricky to get things that stand the test of time, unless it magically happens and is "inspired"