airport

southpaw535

southpaw535

Everytime i enter the airport i get a four star rating does this always happen or can you enter it eventually?

Yea I tried that too, always 4 stars. Anyway? Or do I need to do a mission?

No it always hapens its not like SA or VC were you could go on the runway.

There are two pigeons on the runway which I can never get because of the 4* level.

GeneticallySuperior
Can't you get through with a Fly US car?

whhhaaaaatt????? cry.gif

Think he meant a nice looking American car tounge.gif I doubt it would work, anyoen try going in with a police car? I know you don't have to pay the bridge toll if your emergency lights are on.

Also does this mean doing the Rolled Over and Wheelie achievements have to be done with 4 stars if you choose to do them on the runway?

Can't you get through with a Fly US car?

whhhaaaaatt????? cry.gif

Think he meant a nice looking American car tounge.gif I doubt it would work, anyoen try going in with a police car? I know you don't have to pay the bridge toll if your emergency lights are on.

Also does this mean doing the Rolled Over and Wheelie achievements have to be done with 4 stars if you choose to do them on the runway?

Fly US is the name of the airplane cars etc

user posted image

sergeantpeppers

i went in through the fuel depoy, and stole a Fly US car and drove out, only getting a star when i ran over a cop devil.gif

jesushumper

That's a very silly feature. Yet another reason to wait for a PC version and mod that sucker out.

Oh and to add some planes, too.

1shot1kill
There are two pigeons on the runway which I can never get because of the 4* level.

2 words: Sniper rifle

That's a very silly feature. Yet another reason to wait for a PC version and mod that sucker out.

Oh and to add some planes, too.

If somebody figures out how to mod IV on any platform, count me in for coding airplane physics.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Cracked Neon

This is just another example of IV's increased realism. You can only get in undetected if you drive a Fly US car, because they will be the only authorised cars allowed on the runway (not even police should technically be there unless it's an emergency). If we're honest, in real life you can't just walk onto the runway, and IV reflects that. Personally I like the decision, makes the City feel more real as a whole.

southpaw535

its good from a realism point of view and considering the high alert at the start but theres been a lot of fun to be had at the airports in previous games

Realism? This is the same game where I can mow down 200 people in a car, get away from the cops, wait 30 seconds and the wave to passing cops as they go by? If this were realistic, then I'd be on the FBI's most wanted list and couldn't show my face within miles of a large city. EVER.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for realism, to a degree. However, it shouldn't interfere with the fun in the game. Seems sort of a waste to have all that space and not be able to use it to do SOMEthing with.

Cracked Neon
Realism? This is the same game where I can mow down 200 people in a car, get away from the cops, wait 30 seconds and the wave to passing cops as they go by? If this were realistic, then I'd be on the FBI's most wanted list and couldn't show my face within miles of a large city. EVER.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for realism, to a degree. However, it shouldn't interfere with the fun in the game. Seems sort of a waste to have all that space and not be able to use it to do SOMEthing with.

There's realism, and then there's making the game possible to win (I get the new system's pretty easy, but ironically it's more realistic than 'we'll just chase you forever and ever, and drive off into the sea if you do, even though we can't swim). Niko does appear on the Police Database, or at least he does on mine, so the cops do take notice.

If you want fun in the airport, just find a Fly US vehicle.

I don't understand everyone's problem. I can get into the airport easily, so long as I'm not dumb enough to go on the runway. There's no reason to go on the runway anyway.

There's no reason to go on the runway anyway.

Except for it being pretty much the only big stretch of paved surface anywhere in the game. If you want to do some crazy drifting, airport is pretty much the only place. In the real NYC, there is an old airport that no longer accepts airplanes, and they let people use it for all kinds of crazy driving stuff. Seeing how there is no such place in LC, it would have been nice to use the actual airport as such, just like we could in earlier games. The current system is ridiculous.

I see GTA IV as more and more of a let down. It's still a great game, and it certainly is worth the money, but I expected more. The only gameplay improvement is driving. I'm borderline on whether new wanted system is better. Everything else in gameplay is a very big step back. Not because a particular feature is removed, but because you can't do things that you feel like you should. You can't attach trailers to trucks. You can't fly planes. You can't do donuts on the airport. These are the things we are used to as part of what GTA is, and that's a big let down. New graphics and euphoria are nice and all, but that's just the look of the game. If graphics are the best thing you can mention about the game, it's pretty sad for that game.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Delano.888
I don't understand everyone's problem. I can get into the airport easily, so long as I'm not dumb enough to go on the runway. There's no reason to go on the runway anyway.

Even if I'm nowhere near the runway the cops will still go for me, what's that? Is that only me?

John Jacques

It's also a take on how over protective USA is against terrorism. tounge.gif

It's also a take on how over protective USA is against terrorism. tounge.gif

Overprotective? Lol, I agree to an extent but not every Tom, Dick and Harry should be welcome on our airport runways....

wildhalcyon

I agree. Even before all this hoopla, runway access was still protected.

Although I don't see any reason why Niko couldn't earn himself a pilot's license for a small cessna... I mean Dodo.

Precisely. I can understand there being a restriction, but there should be a way to earn/buy/steal some form of access to the airport so that you could go onto the runway without being chased.