One Man Army

Eagleheart

Eagleheart

Ok so I've already beat the game and now am aiming for some achievements. I just wanna know if there's any other way to get the One Man Army achievement without the use of helicopters since I've already unlocked all the islands and can't use it. Or if anyone knows where and if a heli spawns in the first island that would be much appreciated as well (heli spawn cheat blocks achievement confused.gif ).

AntiPersonnel

i dont have the achievement but my friend does.

he told me he got the achievement in multiplayer free roam.

here is what he explained to me:

you take a team of guys to middle park and set up a defensive perimeter INSIDE the huge water fountain. the police cannot drive into the park so they have to approach you out in the open on foot. very eay to pick them off. and the SWAT team are no problem since you can shoot them from a distance and they dont hide behind their truck. the choppers can all be taken down very quickly with RPGs.

there are many useful items that respawn nearby including

2 health packs

rpg

ak47

body armor

and thats pretty much all you need. i managed to do this with him but i accidentally got killed going after a sniper rifle near the museum after getting 5 stars.

Undecided

STEP 1: gear up, armor and full health is essential, make sure you have plenty of ammo (I used the combat shottie almost exclusively for this, but ended up running out and going m4)

STEP 2: get near a safe house or similar building where you can have cover within (I used the one on the third island, the first one you unlock there)

STEP 3: Piss off the cops (yay rocket launcher)

STEP 4: Hide in house behind cover (I hid under the stairs)

STEP 5: Shoot anyone who gets in your site.

Camping in a sheltered area should get this done fairly easily for you, hope it works out wink.gif

i done it today with ease; you're gonna need the cash to buy all the grenades and RPGs you can, then on the Manhattan island there is a building on the map that is light grey, just right to clucking bell, in the south east portion of the island-zoom in to find it. at the eastern side of this building there is an alleyway that leeds to some stairs, piss of the cops and hide behind one of the wheelie bins under the stairs. from this position the cops can only come from one direction and you're safe from choppers. use the RPGs to blow up cars near by to raise your wanted level quicker, and nades to flush out hiding cops. took me about 15 mins.

Edited by yoooin

My first post here in years but anyways...

Heres what I did it includes 1 cheat but doesn't effect the achievement.

Step 1: Get a Helicopter

Step 2: Visit the beating heart of liberty city (If you don't know where that is then search for it on the forums)

Step 3: Enter the raise wanted level cheat 6 times.

Step 4: Go outside and play sports or something because the cops can't get inside the tower

And your done! I even took down 2 helicopters while doing nothing because they crashed into the tower biggrin.gif

Another easy way is to stock up on everything listed here and head to the Helitours area. Get a couple of stars and proceed to the very edge of one of the helipads. The cops come in ones and twos. Makes it so it doesn't get boring but very easy. I managed to get about 15minutes this way.

GoldsteinAndSheister

Definately easiest way:

stock up on weapons+armor

Steal heli and park it down a wide alley

use cover system and own all cops coming down alleyway untill u get 6 *s

Get into heli and cruise around for 5 mins,

Thats how i got mine

i got it easily, got sniper rifle with full ammo, rocket launcher with full ammo, 25 grenades and the carbine with about 200 ammo. go to split sides comedy club, near there, there's a 24 hour parking, jump onto the wheelie bin by the booth to pay, then jump onto the booth, from there walk and jump to the metal fire excape staircase thingy that's outside the building, go to the top of the staircase.

From there snipe the people at the police station where francis works and just generally carbine the street, wait for the cops to arrive the carbine / grenade them. save rockets for helicopters. In about 5 minutes you'll be 6 star wanted, then just stay there rocketing helicopters and carbining / sniping police below.

my reign of terror came to an end when i didn't quite throw a grenade properly and it landed underneath me.

This is much easier to do when you havnt unlocked all of the islands. All you would have had to do is grab a boat, start driving out to Algonquin, get the 6 stars and jsut keep following the edge of the islands. If you remained at full speed, there would be no way the boats and helis would catch up to you, so you would keep going until the achievement popped up.

kippers.png

Basically, I am just on the second island and havn't unlocked the third one yet. So i went to the Heli tour place ( Here user posted image) and jack a helicopter, then just make your way over to the third island and have a nice little fly for 5 minutes. Or off course you can do it the non-cheating way and just get 6 stars and drive the best you can tounge.gif

There are loads of helecopters around LC just look, get the Brady Games offical stratagey guides for a full list. For a easy way what I did was I got a boat went to a part of LC where I hadnt been before so I got 6 stars then i kept riding around in the boat for 5 mins in 30 seconds and I got it. For a easy helecopter go to the hele-tour place and steal one. If that doesnt help you start a new game and get a boat and go to a Island you havent discovered. Alternativley you can just do what the guy below me said and park a heli on a very tall building like a getalife and stay up there.

Edited by thesm

MexxProtect

i just landed with a heli on a building at star junction and shot anything i saw down there...

Guys, if you just want the achievement, remember that achievements are linked to your username, not the saved game. Start a new game and directly off the boat drive to Bohan (forget about Roman, etc., you just want the achievement.)

Go to the where the top-most subway line in Bohan comes out of the tunnel, which is east of the intersection of Uprock St and Butterfly St. Go east on Butterfly and just before you go down the hill there is a stonewall embankment where the subway comes out. Get a car (or walk, but takes longer.) Get over the stone area onto the subway tracks, then drive through the tunnel. This tunnel least west to Algonquin. Of course you'll get 6 stars halfway across the river. Stop immediately and wait five minutes. ACHIEVEMENT! The cops can't find you.

You can even escape six stars w/o dying, if you want. Drive through the tunnel and pass the first station without stopping. Eventually, still in the tunnel under Topaz St or so, you'll get outside the search radius. Stop and wait 5 seconds, and you've escaped...

BUT you immediately get 6 stars again. WTF? But now you can turn around and drive back out of the original subway tunnel and when you pass mid-river you'll be outside the search radius.

I did this last part originally to try to get Walk Free as well, but that didn't work. I guess I have to get exactly 4 stars then escape.

But remember, just start a new game and don't save anything, and you'll get the achievement.

EAZZY DUZ IT187

USE SPOILER TAGS!

Edited by Waddy

PaleRider

I just drove a car on the subway in early game, six stars for an hour cool.gif

DaddyGraybeard

Above Poster. For SURE the Subway is the EASIEST way to get the ach. becuase there is a way to get down into the subway ALL OVER THE PLACE. Just Kill some people run into a subway, go down the tracks and sit there, wait for the ach. Nobody will come down the tunnel to get you.

Eagleheart

Wait I used the helicopter cheat once in my non-main game, does that mean I'm screwed forever?!?!

You can easily get a helicopter from the helitours place on the second city, there is also a helicopter parked above the tunnel on the third island.

You're all fools, my method is by far the simplest and easiest. Do the following:

Before unlocking the second island, get on to the Algonquin bridge (southern most one) but get on the train track level which is beneath the cars/pedestrian lanes. Just run across until you get 6 stars and when you do, stay there. No cops come on to the train tracks and you can use the steel girders to avoid helicopter fire.

EASY

I've posted this before but it was obviously lost in the shuffle.

Eagleheart

But can someone answer my question, I used a cheat in a game that I didn't save once, am I screwed?

edit: Nevermind it just worked, thanks everyone for your advice but agravice's method worked for me biggrin.gif

Edited by lord of san andreas

But can someone answer my question, I used a cheat in a game that I didn't save once, am I screwed?

No you are fine, it only disables the achievement if you save.

DaddyGraybeard

You're all fools, my method is by far the simplest and easiest. Do the following:

Before unlocking the second island, get on to the Algonquin bridge (southern most one) but get on the train track level which is beneath the cars/pedestrian lanes. Just run across until you get 6 stars and when you do, stay there. No cops come on to the train tracks and you can use the steel girders to avoid helicopter fire.

EASY

I've posted this before but it was obviously lost in the shuffle.

No You are the fool for not being able to read. You basically posted the same thing that Pale Rider and I just said bro. Yeah you say you posted it before but it got lost amongst the pages fine But dont call us fools when we said the same thing you did basically. Oh except you can ONLY do yours if you havent unlocked the second Island BUT what if you have?!

lilphenom

just go to an enterable hospital and get cover behind the green benches in front of the door cuzz right on your right there is a sprunk machine wich can recover ur health and the only way in is the front door.