We need planes, seriously....

iceman654

iceman654

I do like the game but IMO it is seriously lacking in terms of things to do. I find it hard to get my head around the fact it's been given a 10/10 by almost every pro reviewer.......I mean is there actually ANYTHING to do what so ever outside of the storyline? Exploring isn't even fun because there isn't really anything to explore. There are no real random events or peds living their own lives as we were promised.......No hidden items to collect.

Anyway, what's with this pretentious idea of realism? We can't jack planes or blow them up and the ones at the airport don't even take off. They just keep circling the terminal......They should have included two airports and made the map slightly bigger so we could fly jumbo jets around just for fun. Why can you not even blow the planes up? How awesome would it be to shoot down a jumbo with the RPG and watch it burst into flames as it crashes into Star Junction? Let me guess, because of 9/11 they don't want to make planes destructible.....People come on, it was 8 years ago, lets move on please. I really think it's pathetic that the planes at the airport are basically static objects. You can't even really explore the airport because entering it triggers a wanted level and of course the geniuses at Rockstar didn't think to give you a code to allow you to turn OFF cops altogether in single player. What is the point in the airport? Let me get this straight; cops will come after you if you enter the airport, but they won't worry if you are driving like a lunatic and smashing into cars with a bus? Realism my ASS.

Don't think I'm trolling because I'm honestly not. I just find it astonishing that there is absolutely jack all to do outside of the storyline. There are hardly ANY buildings to enter, what the hell? This isn't the PSone era.

I'm sorry to say that in my opinion this game is severely overrated. I've played through ever GTA to date and this my friends, is quite disappointing.

I see a point here, and kind of agree..at least there's multiplayer...*whenever they patch the game*COUGH ph34r.gif

mcstupidfun

Do you go to 1 city and fly to the other side of it just b/c you want to?

iceman654

Yes. Think of the stunts you could do in a plane and how many buildings you could fly into (nothing to do with 9/11).