GTA IV: Patch WISHLIST

misteroy

Supernautus

that isn't the kind of thing they'd do in a patch, maybe in downloadable content, patches are more to fix glitches and gameplay problems

Lemlestarn

Mouse and keyboard support.

Static, configurable behind-the-vehicle camera.

chiefgeezer

A few blurring and frame rate issues, not sure if thats a patch issue though!

they need to fix the freezin 1st off but other than that iv had no problems wit tha gameplay other than stuff they left out but patches wont affect that

My two are to lessen the ebrake response to a more realistic value and to have the camera track the car better. Other than that, I'm very happy.

Single player is flawless...

All involves multiplayer. I'm sure this will all get fixed...

1) Everytime I play Bomb da base II, it wants to load the cinematics first before i enter the multiplayer screen... Uhhh, we only need to see the cinematics once.

2) Not load back to single player after game fails, unable to connect to game or server!!!

Bomb Da Base I isn't on multiplayer list unless it's unranked only. And driving gloves biggrin.gif

Herman Gatevold

I know what I want for a patch/DLC/whatever. The ability to hang onto vehicles. Make a button combination for it or something. The euphoria engine is there. Why not use it?

a random genorator for super storms or huge lightnig strikes, over the whole island the genorator would pick a spot and wack a huge strike, maybe there would be some radio stations would broadcast weather info so you could go storm chasing

the strikes or tornados could take out people and buildings randomly

adjustable game clock

weather seasons, summer winter etc

a custom car shop where you can create your own custom jobs

working trailers for the tractor units (artic's)

house building system so you could build and kit out your own gaff

play the game as different characters / custom characters

wowzers123456

2 words...

Instant Replay...

This is the greatest game made so far... If they added replay - I doubt it would be beat for a while...

the ability to break from auto-aim to free aim and back...

f*cking pisses me off when im trying to change targets or aim at someone, and the crosshairs keep switching over to some dudes whos like a block down the street behind me and no matter what i do I CANT BREAK AWAY AND FREE AIM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

why not make it so when you can break away from locked targets and have the freedom to aim, seriously f*ck

chiefgeezer
2 words...

Instant Replay...

This is the greatest game made so far... If they added replay - I doubt it would be beat for a while...

Yea like Halo 3's thingy!

That would be amazing, lots of programming though, surely!

I don't know if this will become available down the track or not, but, maybe they could turn down the 'needyness' of your friends! They always call me up to go do something when i am off on the other side of the map doing my own thing, so freakin annoying!!!! Especially Roman the lonely twat!

Also an ability to set a specific waypoint for the cab would be handy. Other than that the singleplayer is pretty damn sweet.

Oh, and multiplayer could do with quite a few upgrades, like not being chucked back into the single player game each time i can't find a match and the ability to check some sort of leaderboard while you are playing are essential.

f*cking pisses me off when im trying to change targets or aim at someone, and the crosshairs keep switching over to some dudes whos like a block down the street behind me and no matter what i do I CANT BREAK AWAY AND FREE AIM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

why not make it so when you can break away from locked targets and have the freedom to aim, seriously f*ck

half hold the left trigger

...noob

lol, i dont even own the damn game, too.

Mixolydian

Hold the left trigger half-way for free aim, or all the way for auto aim. It's easy, but you seem to have missed the little aiming tutorial so not knowing makes it difficult smile.gif

OOPS: I wrote "right trigger" originally, but it's the left trigger.

Edited by Mixolydian

Armbarsalot

Yeah I have had a lot of problems switching targets as well...

I also agree that after leaving multiplayer games it shouldnt go back to the single player menu, instead why not just choose multiplayer from your phone and it loads a whole new multiplayer section. From there you can choose what gametype etc. and if a game fails to load it would bring you back to that screen. If wanted you can go back to single player from there but it sure would save some load time I believe?

NJSpeedbeast
Also an ability to set a specific waypoint for the cab would be handy. Other than that the singleplayer is pretty damn sweet.

You can do that now. Even after you get in the cab. Set a waypoint in the pause menu, then it will appear on the cabs screen.

half hold the left trigger

...noob

lol, i dont even own the damn game, too.

and waste my precious f*cking ammo, moving the crosshair just a c*nthair across the screen?

get the damn game, auto-aim/freeaim system is garbage/broken

the only way i can actually free aim is if i were to disable the auto aim, but then who wants to f*cking aim individualy at cops when have 4 f*cking stars

icon13.gif nice try

edit: ill try out what u said mixolydian

Mixolydian
and waste my precious f*cking ammo, moving the crosshair just a c*nthair across the screen?

the left trigger doesn't cause the gun to shoot, so you won't waste ammo. It's the same trigger as the auto-aim. Just don't push it all the way in and you'll have free aim.

i would want them to fix the walking/running controls so you can walk or jog with the left thumbstick and to sprint tap or hold A/X down.

LeperFace

Lower needed cash to level up, for low ranks in multiplayer, or pump up the cash reward for winning games.

JacksTiredEyes
i would want them to fix the walking/running controls so you can walk or jog with the left thumbstick and to sprint tap or hold A/X down.

I second that!! Change the walking/running control and the game will be perfect!!!

Can they change stuff like that with a patch? (I really have no idea how they do patches, and what they're usually used for)

KieranMurphy

As well as a replay feature, I think a screenshot function would be nice. This would allow you to take a screenshot, upload it to a website and allow users to add links to forums like this to show off cool stuff they found or whatever.

the left trigger doesn't cause the gun to shoot, so you won't waste ammo. It's the same trigger as the auto-aim. Just don't push it all the way in and you'll have free aim.

Damn! I didn't even know this man, I am free-aiming al the time (or at 98%, according to the stats menu) and I kept thinking what happened to the other 2 percent. I guess a little auto-aim will make my life (or at least keeping it) a bite easier.

Thanks

still diddnt work, bt i figured out the f*ckin problem

i had my controls set up classic style(360) and that doesnt support freeaim while on foot which is f*cking bullsh*t.. i think this should be changed, support classic setup for freeaim..

gunna have to switch to standard now and get used to the new driving, f*ck

reality88

Eh, I don't get why everyone's complaining about controls, If you prefered previous game controls you can change them in the options, but for now...

As default, Hold left trigger to auto aim, right trigger to shoot, holding either half way (think works for left too) will cause him to free aim, but not shoot until right trigger fully pressed.

When auto aiming, move your right stick around pref up a little for head shots.

If you find you want to switch target, do this, not by letting go of auto aim and trying to aim at them, but by "flicking" the right stick in the direction of them. IE, to reaim at person to the right, flick it quickly the the right, can take some getting used to but it works flawlessly.

Personally I played half the game with auto aim turned on, then the second half with it turned off after realising I would need the practice for MP.

Vincent Shaw

I´d pay 10 bucks to download new counter kills CQC style like in Collateral.

Ok, gameplay patch.

When pressing the fire button without aiming and just straight shooting with R2 stop the damn zoom, I need to see what is behind me and left and right and if I wanna zoom I press L2, no need for a 2nd zoom, must be must must be patched.

Grand Theft Auto Dude

1: adjustable game clock

2: weather seasons, summer winter etc

3: a custom car shop where you can create your own custom jobs

4: working trailers for the tractor units (artic's)

5: house building system so you could build and kit out your own gaff

6: play the game as different characters / custom characters

1: What?

2: No. This game is supposed to be set in Autumn.

3: 2 words: Pay 'n Spray.

4: What is the point?

5: This isn't The Sims. EA hasn't brought Take Two yet.

6: WHAT THE F*CK? We're talking about patches here, not entireley new games. If you want character customisation, go play Multiplayer, or Saint's Row.

Anyway, my ideas:

1: Fix the camera issue heaps of people are complaining about. I haven't played the game yet, but the majority of people want it, so fix it.

2: Mouse & Keyboard support.

3: Fix the first phones backlight.

4: Fix the rank resetting issue. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the game or the server, but R* better fix it anyway.

5: Fix some of the glitches, like that weird rotating van thing.