How do i flag down a taxi?

Scotty323

Scotty323

Running into an issue for some reason..

I have 360. Im having a major problem trying to get a taxi. Correct me im wrong but dont you....

- press RB or LB to whistle for the taxi?

- Go to the back doors and HOLD Y to get in??

I havent heard this guy whistle once... and when i go up to the taxi and hold Y i always jack the poor driver... help me!!!

Also, can you take a taxi in Multiplayer?

Killerbee103

You just answered it yourself, you knew it already.

Just try LB or RB, done.

End of Story.

Blackadder.

You hit LB when within close range (As in the taxi can't be all the way down the street.) If the taxi has someone else in it, it won't stop for you. You unlock the ability of riding in taxi's after one of the early missions. Since your obviously on 360 version, if have you got the achievement "Driving Mr. Bellic" ou should be able to ride in taxi's.

user posted image

Scotty323

ahhhh ok that may be the problem. I havent even done missions, pretty much just messing around.

Now is the yellow taxis or romans taxis?

Im assuming you cant get taxis in multiplayer?

Blackadder.

Not sure about Multiplayer.

About Roman's cabs, I think you can only call them up to pick you up (For free as well.) Again, only after you have done a fair few missions.

user posted image

From what your saying your doing it right. Make sure that a taxi is near you and that it pulls over when you you hold

If the taxi has someone else in it, it won't stop for you.

I just hold y and it pulls out the other person then i get in and the driver is ok with it.

If the taxi has someone else in it, it won't stop for you.

I just hold y and it pulls out the other person then i get in and the driver is ok with it.

It took me f*cking forever to realize this--and many a wanted level--but after whistling a cab down, open one of the BACK DOORS. I kept flagging a cab then holding down Y in front of the driver, only to jack the thing.

I guess you would hit L1 to flag him down, then hold Triangle to get in?

michaelekylon

You have to start the mission 'Hung out to dry', then whistle for a cab. Hold down Y when it tells you to

ahhhh ok that may be the problem. I havent even done missions, pretty much just messing around.

Now is the yellow taxis or romans taxis?

Im assuming you cant get taxis in multiplayer?

You don't need the special ability, that just allows you to get romans taxis at will. just press lb to whistle it, then hold y to get in... works for me.

intimaterush

if you get into a taxi while the coppers are after you the driver does a runner and just leaves you sitting in the back

Gnolls_woody
if you get into a taxi while the coppers are after you the driver does a runner and just leaves you sitting in the back

Is this always the case? Cuz it would be cool if they would sometimes keep driving and/or speed away for you!

You have to start the mission 'Hung out to dry', then whistle for a cab. Hold down Y when it tells you to

Actually, it's the mission before that. Start Bull in a China Shop to gain the ability to hail taxis.