Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,731 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Not_Dan_Houser

Take-Two fix for freezing games (PS3)

Question

Not_Dan_Houser

This is from Take-Two, frankly it's a bit of a joke - as you have to basically disable most of your PS3's functionality, then disable most of GTA IV's functionality!

You might as well just grab a PS2 and GTA San Andreas.

But anyway there are a few interesting things.

Most people dispute the 'delete saved games' idea as not working, but some other items look interesting - eg turning off the PS3 screensaver - could that be kicking in during long running cutscene videos...?

Good luck!

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Take-Two fix for freezing games (PS3)

"Please run through the following, go through in order.

1) Delete the game's install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the game's install information.

2) Delete the game's save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.

3) Disable your Internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the Internet if using this.

4) Disable the console's information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.

5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.

6) Delete all of the system's Internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.

7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

8 ) Once this has been done, manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will be prompted to reset your display settings to how you require them.

9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.

Once the game has started please turn off the following features:

1) The game's auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.

2) Turn off the game's flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.

3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.

If that doesn't solve the problem, Take-Two allows tech support users to reopen their cases within seven days."

ncc1701

just got off the phone with take-two to see if anything has changed. Oddly the tech i spoke with was surprised the 12 steps were on the internet. Nothing has changed they are still recommending these steps. When asked what the problem was he stumbled over his own breath and said well we think its an internet issue but we are unable to determine at this time.... a patch seems far away.

J-sic

mercie_blink.gif This is just madness! I have NEVER had a freeze since I bought it, I mean not even for a second!, I think it may be because it in my room near the window which I have open during the day. And my room never has the sun facing it so my room is nice and ice cold.

Not trying to rub it in peoples faces, but maybe keeping your PS3 dust free, and in a very well ventilated area is a solution. confused.gif

tertialtom
lol, now if this sh*t happened on the 360 version, almost half the members here would be posting "OMFG LOLZ SHOULDA GOT A FUKING PS3 VERZION LOL"

Right thats what Im saying. They can dish it out but can't take it. f*ckin Hypocrites. Sorry got to go and play my perfectly working 360 version of GTA4

Dan001

I unplugged my ethernet cord and have'nt had a problem ever since. I remember It was freezing like crazy when the ethernet cord was plugged in; I would only be able to play like 1 or 2 hours before it would freeze up.

-40GB model-

!GaMeR!

is R* at the moment fixing this issue confused.gif

dezoris

How about they do their own testing to figure out the issue with their game. Or did we all pay $60 to test for them?

Furianer1188

Hi, I registrated just to tell you that it has something to do with the internet connection.

I had a freeze while playing multiplayer and had to turn the PS3 off, after that my last savegame could not be loaded. I had to delete it and play another savegame which wasnt that old.

So I removed my ethernetcable and no freezes again.

But this cannot be a solution, because multiplayer is not playable then.

The problem is that I remember I played before like 20 hours with my ethernetcable and no freezes.

It must be some combination with internet and gta multiplayer dont know.

nikobitch

is R* gonna fix it angry.gif

Mr Joe, Joe.Rocks

When mine froze on the Loading screen, I did step one then re-installed it. It's fine, for now although it froze twice in the same cut scene =/ Working for now.

daxtxad

I had a random freeze where the game stopped for 30 secs or so.

The backside where the heat comes out was facing the wall and I turned it so it had more room to spread the heat. Didn't have a single freeze since then.

tiggarswifey

can someone help please!!!! iv followed da instuctions from t2 followed it step by step but cant locate the FLICKER FILTER in the games display area can some help!!!

gta4 switches off my ps3 completly!!! mad.gifmad.gif

i feel so let down that i rockstar cant come up with a fix yet!!! n i got the special edition!!!

SiloStv
If you have the opening cutscene freeze none of these "tips" will work. The fact that they even suggested these things tells me that Rockstar is just grasping at straws and is clueless as to what the problem is or what the fix might be.

This is what happened to me...did everything... nada. My save is on a SD card if there ever is a way to fix the problem, But it seemed every file was corupt: profile , save data. Deleted the install, re-installed, new profile... old save, nothing. Tried a couple of different things. rampage_ani.gif

I was at 22.7%. I would rather start over then disable all my functions on the PS3 (80 gig). I play more than one game... even with GTA4 out. devil.gif

josh995

Alright, I haven't had a single problem with freezing or anything, I have an 80GB PS3. But, I just want to know why the "flicker filter" option isn't in my display options...?

nealmac

Why are people deleting their game saves? It's so easy to back them up on a USB stick. nervous.gif

Goldrusher
Alright, I haven't had a single problem with freezing or anything, I have an 80GB PS3. But, I just want to know why the "flicker filter" option isn't in my display options...?

I think it's something for SD users only.

Gaia

i agree with wolfgang187 i deleted did all that yeah it worked but the next day was right back to the same crap, the multiplayer patch didn't fix didly either.

TaeKwonDonkey

Hmmm... OMFG LOLZ SHOULDA BOUGHT A 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suicidal.gif