X,X LB,RB,X,X worked for me

X-Vert

My game kept on freezing the first 5min I popped it into my XBox which was bought new back in Jan/Feb. It froze during the first mission, after clearing the cache, it seems to work flawlessly, to those that haven't tried it, try it... theres a good chance it might work.

Go to console settings > Memory then hit "Y" then hit "X,X LB,RB,X,X.

Good luck to the rest, I'm gunna go enjoy the game at last.

Not_Dan_Houser

Sounds good for XBOX owners.

But does anyone know the equivalent for PS3 owners?

Is there one?

Can we clear our cache too?

I read a way to clear the cache through your browser, don't know if it has any effect outside of the browser for games and stuff, but thats all I have found, worth a shot.

Not_Dan_Houser

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think that's just your cache of visited webpages in the browser app, nothing to do with general console disk cache - which is what I'm looking for.

• 4 weeks later...
Hellsteeth30

Sorry to bump this but doing the cache clear actually STOPPED the game from working any more. It was fine before I did this but needed to clear it for Oblivion. Now it's UDEs every time.

There is a clear cache thing for ps3 its a button clear just like xbox but i don't remember the button presses

Sorry to bump this but doing the cache clear actually STOPPED the game from working any more. It was fine before I did this but needed to clear it for Oblivion. Now it's UDEs every time.

really? what is UDE? -unreadable disc error? i get that sometimes but i just keep opening and closing the disc tray and it works eventually.. might be cos i have an old 360 tho mad.gif