Hanging onto Moving cars, trucks?

shatter316

shatter316

Hey guys, i am new to all this forum stuff, so if anyone of you nice gta fans know the answer pleeeeease share!!! i have the 360 version, and i remember seeing a trailer with Nicko grabbing the handle of a truck and he was being dragged while holding on for dear life. now i have done this once or twice, and i have had people whose car i just jacked do it to me several times, but i just want to figure out how i can do the same, because some people keep driving, and it would be nice to do what he did in the trailer to get what i want. so if anyone knows the rule or the setting or whatever other elements come into play that effect this, pleaes let me know. email me at [email protected] please, i dont know much about these forums so i really wont know if someone has answered, just put in the subject matter gtaIV swinging car or something and i will be in your debt.

Thanks again!!

McDodge34

Not sure how to do this either, but it seems that if you hold the button to enter the vehicle (not sure which one on a X360 I have PS3) when the car speed up and you're near the door of it, you'll hang to it, but it doesn't work all the time. I managed to hang to a truck for a few seconds while just jumping on the back of it, but Niko can't hold it for too long it seems.

What is described here is a script and only done in one mission. It's a fun mission too.

shatter316
What is described here is a script and only done in one mission. It's a fun mission too.

so the how come me and the other guy on this post said he as well as i have pulled the trick off, there must be some official statement about it because i even read just right before release that hanging on to moving vehicle was a new thing he could do. i did it twice, and i am on the first island like just now doing lil jacobs missions, so there is something more here, i not saying your wrong bro, but if it were mission specific , i wouldnt have been able to do it twice and have others do it to me a bunch as well. also is there a way to actually climb onto a ledge without having him jump over?

so the how come me and the other guy on this post said he as well as i have pulled the trick off, there must be some official statement about it because i even read just right before release that hanging on to moving vehicle was a new thing he could do. i did it twice, and i am on the first island like just now doing lil jacobs missions, so there is something more here, i not saying your wrong bro, but if it were mission specific , i wouldnt have been able to do it twice and have others do it to me a bunch as well. also is there a way to actually climb onto a ledge without having him jump over?

What you describe is not in the detail found in the movie we saw or what is in the mission. It's an automated Euphoria action if I'm not mistaken when doing it normally.

Also no, not that I have found.

GeneticallySuperior

Yeah it's automatic. Its only happened to me once real briefly, but I've dragged a couple other people clear down the street including a cop - close call. They basically just have to grab the doorhandle as you speed off.

Actually I think there is one mission where you hang on the back of a truck, that's about as far as I know though.

i was literly playin it right now whilst reading dis n it happend a car went passed me n i pressed triangle to hijak the car instead of the car stopping i hung on to it like the police do if you try n nick there car he only held on 4 a few secs tho

shatter316

Thank you all so very much for actually being adult about this all the input that was provided. so from my understanding, the Euphoria engine does it on its own? kinda like the elements have to be exactly right? or is there a specific method of doing so, because ill be tappin the run button to jack a car trying to do it over n over, just cuz its cool as hell, no other reason, and i get to a car, and they keep driving off and when i hit Y, my guy just slows down like hes about to jack a parked car and i quickly hit the sprint button n then y again and nothing happens, so all the info on this matter will not only help me out with this Euphoria engine coolness, but will answer and help a lot of other of my friends who have the same question. thanks and keep the input comming, as it is definately graciously appreciated.

Shatter316

shatter316
Yeah it's automatic. Its only happened to me once real briefly, but I've dragged a couple other people clear down the street including a cop - close call. They basically just have to grab the doorhandle as you speed off.

Actually I think there is one mission where you hang on the back of a truck, that's about as far as I know though.

see when i saw that trailer, it showed Nicko holding on the back of that that truck, which i know is a mission itself butg then i read it somewehere that they were going to put it in the game itself against those who are stubborn about getting jacked. I know the one that they showed in the trailer was an actual mission, but i read about that, n then it confused me, making it seem like they removed it from the game itself. then got even more confused when i did it like 2ice, and i had others do it to their stolen cars like 4 or 5 times, its getting more frequent though, that i have noticed...so maybe after the truck hanging trailer mission, it enters the game?? maybe?? i dont know im still doing the beginning missisons where Roman just got shot but that coke head. so i dont know how far or even if youve already beatin it, but if you have, let me know if this car dangling thing gets more frequent or not....becuase its happened to me at least 2 times i play now

Supernautus

you can stand next to a truck and press jump to gra onto the side, but as soon as the vehicle moves, you fall off

keving813

i did it all you do is run up to a moving car and press the Y button and niko will still try and car jack the person but since the car is driving you will take off with it, it kinda sucks cuz it hurts your health but its cool to see. also this will happen if u try and carjack someone while they are parked and the AI will freak and take off while your hanging on for dear life! lol