Interesting plot similarities to GTA SA

nicka912

There are two almost annoying differences as far as I've played, in GTA IV, that resemble the plot in SA. This doesn't make the game any less fun for me. It might have been the only way to do it but I think they could have done a few things that were a little more creative for the plot. Most of the plot is pretty unique but some of the ideas seemed to have bled through.

Please don't get defensive and call me a "whiny bitch" or anything because I'm just observing some things.

Spoilers ahead

1. The reason that Roman and NB had to leave Broker for Bohan was very similar to the reason Cesar and Kendl had to leave Los Santos for the Countryside. There were corrupt rivals in their home-town and they had to "lay low" for a while.

The good part about this odd similarity is that Roman's home was destroyed, and they had to leave.

2. Manny Escuela is similar to Big Smoke on his radio commercials on WTCR, they are both self-acclaimed philanthropists dedicated to street kids and cleaning up rough neighborhoods.

3. There is an exact dialog match in Playboy X's home when Dwayne comes back from prison.

San Andreas (context: Carl has just picked up Sweet from jail on Pershing Square, LS)

Sweet gets angry that Carl has set up multiple business operations and has begun to make money

Carl: "What's mine is yours, Sweet, you know that!"

GTAIV (context: Dwayne, X, and NB are on the balcony at X's home in Algonquin after Dwayne returned from jail)

Dwayne is angry that Playboy X has his fancy mansion and clothes

X: "What's mine is yours!"

What do you guys think of these?

• Like 1

well.. obviousl some things are gona seem alike, the games are all about gangsters killing n such tounge.gif but yeah GJ.. altho R* did do a good job hiding them causei han't noticed and im only just past the 3rd one tounge.gif

There are two almost annoying differences as far as I've played, in GTA IV, that resemble the plot in SA. This doesn't make the game any less fun for me. It might have been the only way to do it but I think they could have done a few things that were a little more creative for the plot. Most of the plot is pretty unique but some of the ideas seemed to have bled through.

Please don't get defensive and call me a "whiny bitch" or anything because I'm just observing some things.

Spoilers ahead

1. The reason that Roman and NB had to leave Broker for Bohan was very similar to the reason Cesar and Kendl had to leave Los Santos for the Countryside. There were corrupt rivals in their home-town and they had to "lay low" for a while.

The good part about this odd similarity is that Roman's home was destroyed, and they had to leave.

2. Manny Escuela is similar to Big Smoke on his radio commercials on WTCR, they are both self-acclaimed philanthropists dedicated to street kids and cleaning up rough neighborhoods.

3. There is an exact dialog match in Playboy X's home when Dwayne comes back from prison.

San Andreas (context: Carl has just picked up Sweet from jail on Pershing Square, LS)

Sweet gets angry that Carl has set up multiple business operations and has begun to make money

Carl: "What's mine is yours, Sweet, you know that!"

GTAIV (context: Dwayne, X, and NB are on the balcony at X's home in Algonquin after Dwayne returned from jail)

Dwayne is angry that Playboy X has his fancy mansion and clothes

X: "What's mine is yours!"

What do you guys think of these?

I'd have to say that R* really just following a basic formula for the stories and I guess it'd be pretty hard, storywise, to explain going to the other parts of town just for a job.

I Keyser Sose I

Frankly, the only one of those that I really think constitutes copying something from SA is the second one, and really I think they just re-used it because it's an amusing anecdote that lends some good comedy to the story with an annoying self-righteous "reformed gangsta from the streets" character.

For the first one, that's really just a general plot point in almost any game/movie/TV show/story about gang-related activity. Someone screws over someone else, and chooses to go elsewhere to lay low until it blows over (which it never does).

And for the third one... come on, it's just an expression. Have you really never heard someone say "What's mine is yours" outside of the GTA series? Come on now.

StanMarsh

1- There are many differences here. In SA, you were betrayed suddenly and shockingly. In IV, by the time you and Roman have their apartment burnt down you know what is up.

2- Differences: Manny means well, is useless. Smoke doesn't mean well, actually fights.

3- Common expression.

I understand that "What's mine is yours" is an expression, but it's used in the exact same situation; by a gang member coming out of prison to go back to his homey's when he finds out they've lost sight of their background.