Most Users Online

!!GC!!

It seems that on the 29th of April 2008, the day GTA IV was released, we set a new record for the most amount of members online with 3,016. That is quite a sh*t load.

I think the previous record was around 2,995 or something on March 31st 2007. Does anyone know the reason why there were so many people online that day?

Any kind of special release?

I think it was when the first trailer was shown.

First was the trailer, the GTAF servers had trouble with that, it was pretty funny, and the second was because of IV been released, all the lurkers trying to see about the game and all.

90FHTZo.png

DemonKing

Do you think that's the reason why gang Pips got taken down?

Gang pips were removed to avoid confusion between gang members and moderators. As some newer member's believed that gang pips meant they were moderators.

lurchseesu420
It seems that on the 29th of April 2008, the day GTA IV was released, we set a new record for the most amount of members online with 3,016. That is quite a sh*t load.

I think the previous record was around 2,995 or something on March 31st 2007. Does anyone know the reason why there were so many people online that day?

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=335383&st=0

I take it you haven't taken the time to read that topic?

I believe that the previous record was something in the 2700's which was set right after the aforementioned first GTA 4 trailer came out.

New account

chillwinston8717

I believe that the previous record was something in the 2700's which was set right after the aforementioned first GTA 4 trailer came out.

He was asking about the record before it was broken by IV's release.

Yes I'm pretty sure it was because of the release of the 1st trailer.

He was asking about the record before it was broken by IV's release.

Yes I'm pretty sure it was because of the release of the 1st trailer.

Confirmed.

Yea, i had seen that topic but i just stated that the new record was 3,016, my real reason for this topic was to ask why the previous record was set, and that has been answered. Thank you.

Gang pips were removed to avoid confusion between gang members and moderators. As some newer member's believed that gang pips meant they were moderators.

And I hate them all because of it..

Venom points at everyone

oldschoolsigs14.png

Yeah, I'm gutted 'bout the pips man... Z's were the best, so I still rock one in my sig. biggrin.gif

@topic: We're nearing 200,000 members too. I think when I joined there was like 120,000 or so. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

And I hate them all because of it..

Venom points at everyone

Oh my.

The Pips were really cool. The Feroci Racing and The Precinct ones were my favourite.

Are they ever coming back one day, or they gone forever because of the naive new members.

EmSixTeen
The Pips were really cool. The Feroci Racing and The Precinct ones were my favourite.

Are they ever coming back one day, or they gone forever because of the naive new members.

They're supposed to be coming back, eventually.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

CrystalLight

Proboully cause of Google Searches and Trailers. And so forth.

Kaiser_AK

its been finals week for many college kids across the nation and while they were trying to keep their mind off GTA 4 they happened to look at do a google search and find us.

or everyone was stuck at a part and needed some answers.

Vive La France

Where was the server overload error? I didn't get it at ALL! Sever is good, thus.

DemonKing

Glad to hear of that Aaron, It seemed a real shame the OGA members, had their pips taken away.

Hmm... the pips have never been removed on previous occasions when new members flooded in.

This lot must be particularly stupid. icon14.gif

--- AMF ---

user posted image

-= A joke is a very serious thing - Winston Churchill =-

Hmm... the pips have never been removed on previous occasions when new members flooded in.

This lot must be particularly stupid. icon14.gif

Pretty much.

The errors you guys were getting was cause the server was hitting it's SQL query limit. That's why a number of things have been turned off, such as the indication of whether you've posted in a topic or not. All these features use queries so even removing one single query can make a difference when there's 500 odd people loading pages at the same time.

I thought there were no plans of reinstating the pips dontgetit.gif

Could be wrong, but that's what I thought was said. Until then, there'll always be space in the sig for one... or 5 lol.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

To be honest that is still only around 1 in 100 members online...