Hotwiring Cars?

gta4player

gta4player

What happened to having to hotwire a stolen vehicle? I have not done that once does anyone know if you can? Also the magazines and online previews said you could climb telephone poles and also listen to the radio through your phone like an mp3 player. What happened to these features?

BicoNelic

The hotwiring is done quickly so you dont notice it too much.

GTA SA > GTA4

gta4player

yea but they said hot wiring was kind of a mini game where you pressed a sequence of buttons to speed up the process. Either way they said that the player would manually hot wire it.

method.man 2
yea but they said hot wiring was kind of a mini game where you pressed a sequence of buttons to speed up the process. Either way they said that the player would manually hot wire it.

no they didnt that was a post on this forum that was never confirmed it was just speculation

In one of the first missions you play that minigame, well atleast i did

Symbiote666

The telephone poles still have the rungs on them, I think they have removed the ability to climb them though. Shame.

chitoryu12

If you repeatedly press R2 and L2 or the triggers (depending on your controller), you can speed up the hotwiring.

If you repeatedly press R2 and L2 or the triggers (depending on your controller), you can speed up the hotwiring.

He's pretty quick at hotwiring by himself, you only really need to do that if the cops are on you lol

ShaZam508
The telephone poles still have the rungs on them, I think they have removed the ability to climb them though. Shame.

Well you can climb latter's by pressing Y/Triangle So you might still be able to climb poles but i haven't tried to yet.