Activating PS3 Multiplayer Mode

PepsiCEO05

PepsiCEO05

Hey guys, hopefully this works for you as it did for me. As many of you are experiencing, for the first day I was getting the "Cannot connect, please try again later" error message when I attempted to access the multiplayer mode on my mobile phone. Provided are instructions on activating the Multiplayer/Police Computer services within the game:

1.) Turn off the Playstation 3 system.

2.) Register/login to http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

3.) Link your Playstation Network ID to your account via the links provided on the site.

4.) Turn on your Playstaion 3 and your Multiplayer/Police Computer systems should now be activated.

** Although the multiplayer services should be activated immediately, it may take up to 5 hours for the changes to be reflected on your SocialClub account.

Let me know if this worked for you!!! Good luck!

TMoneyR523 on GTA IV

Dude....you are a lifesaver.

I totally forgot about all of that, and I was going out of my mind wondering why it wasn't working.

If I run into you in multiplayer, I'll be your bodyguard.

PepsiCEO05

I'm glad it worked for you.... now an off-topic question.... how can I change the appearance of my online avatar? I turn into a girl when I go online....... thanks haha

cromscott

Fuk ive forgot my psn email adress is your user name and???????????Do u have to activate MP on the police computer???if u do it this way???

Can someone help me? I'm trying to register my PSN ID and whenever I enter the info I get a page from the Social Club site that says "An unknown error has occured. Please hit the refresh button and try again."

I'm using Internet Explorer and I've tried logging in with my firewall both on and off.

Can someone help me? I'm trying to register my PSN ID and whenever I enter the info I get a page from the Social Club site that says "An unknown error has occured. Please hit the refresh button and try again."

I'm using Internet Explorer and I've tried logging in with my firewall both on and off.

I had the same problem with mine. You have to make sure your playstation is off, otherwise it won't go through.

At least, mine worked after I shut it off.

And you change your online avatar from the Multiplayer menu on the phone, right beneath the Games options.

For the guy who asked.

vanity_sanity

I would like to add something useful to this.

If you guys don't know what your PSN password is, and have it saved:

Go to your account name and click triangle. Click auto sign in off. Sign out, then when you go to sign in click forgot password. Hopefully you have your safety question but that is how you get to that process. (the only way?? dumb if that's the case.)

I had the same problem with mine. You have to make sure your playstation is off, otherwise it won't go through.

At least, mine worked after I shut it off.

And you change your online avatar from the Multiplayer menu on the phone, right beneath the Games options.

For the guy who asked.

Mine is off, and I am too getting that message.

I don't understand what you mean by multiplayer police computer systems? Are you saying that with this you can access the multiplayer via the cops computer while in a cop car???? Please explain.

PepsiCEO05
I don't understand what you mean by multiplayer police computer systems? Are you saying that with this you can access the multiplayer via the cops computer while in a cop car???? Please explain.

No. When in singleplayer mode, you can access the police computer systems once you complete the instructions above. To access the computer, find/enter any police vehicle, and press L1 when you're stopped.

jeff_a_cake
Hey guys, hopefully this works for you as it did for me. As many of you are experiencing, for the first day I was getting the "Cannot connect, please try again later" error message when I attempted to access the multiplayer mode on my mobile phone. Provided are instructions on activating the Multiplayer/Police Computer services within the game:

3.) Link your Playstation Network ID to your account via the links provided on the site.

4.) Turn on your Playstaion 3 and your Multiplayer/Police Computer systems should now be activated.

** Although the multiplayer services should be activated immediately, it may take up to 5 hours for the changes to be reflected on your SocialClub account.

TMoneyR523 on GTA IV

i love you!

jeff_a_cake

TMoneyR523 on GTA IV

i love you!

f*** it ddnt work.... 5 hours u say?!

PepsiCEO05

Your multiplayer and police services should have started working immediately after you followed the steps I gave you. It could take up to 5 hours for your GTA IV game to register on the SocialClub website. If it still hasn't registered or you still can't connect, I would suggest calling Rockstar Consumer Support. Please be advised these instructions are only valid for the PS3 console.

jeff_a_cake
Your multiplayer and police services should have started working immediately after you followed the steps I gave you. It could take up to 5 hours for your GTA IV game to register on the SocialClub website. If it still hasn't registered or you still can't connect, I would suggest calling Rockstar Consumer Support. Please be advised these instructions are only valid for the PS3 console.

so the error thingys are not my routers fault? its rockstar right?

PepsiCEO05

If you're playing from behind a router, you should make sure all necessary ports are open and firewall exceptions have been established. I have no knowledge of the UK Internet Services or products. See the GTA IV instruction manual for more information.

• 3 weeks later...
Raven_Nytez

Also, try getting your PS3's IP address into DMZ. I'm not sure how you'd go about that on BT but it stopped all my problems when I downloaded a new firmare for my Belkin N so I could actually put an IP in my DMZ without the router freezing & crashing!

Now if I could just get more players outside of free mode I'm laughing!

TMoneyR523 on GTA IV

Great advice, but I usually just quit the game and start it again. 9 times out of 10 that works.

earlier today I just waited a little while and it worked